Question about Meier Audio Headsix
Oct 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok I bought a headsix from another member which arrived yesterday. The thing wont hold a charge so Im wondering if Im doing something wrong. There was a sticky circle that was on the "lid". I swear I pushed and pushed but the thing wouldn't close with the battery inside. So I took the sticky bit off and it closed. Would the battery touching the enclosure affect anything? Its just the bottom not the poles. I guess the battery could be a dud but he said he only used it for one charge. Im getting pissed either way. Any thoughts?

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 11
the headsix is an amp that doesn't have an internal charging capability so you would need something to recharge the batteries wouldn't u? I don't remember too much about it but I could be wrong about that. Assuming I'm not wrong, get a device that charges 9v batteries if the battery you have is a rechargeable one.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 11
There's a headsix thread somewhere if you search for it and should have all the details.

I'd assume that the power supply is actually to provide more power if you need more than what the 9v battery can give you.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 11
None of Meier portable amp will do charging. Once you plug the power supply in, it will disable the battery (if IIRC, it will choice the higher of the two power sources). I'll suggest you stick the 'sticky bit' back. It is there to make sure the battery is as tight as possible to hold the PCB in place. You do need to use a little force and push the battery in with the back door to close it. It is how it was designed. Even if you are not using the battery, Dr. Meier still advice user to leave the battery in. Also, you do need an external 9V charger for the battery.

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #7 of 11
Ok didnt want to start another thread but I have another question. Im having a problem with the headsix. When I use it, the sound is recessed and almost sounds like the volume is rolling slightly in and out. Also, I have to turn the knob on the amp almost 3/4 of the way up to get adequate volume. Even when I turn it all the way its still not that loud. It seems like the amp is almost suppressing the sound of my clip+. Why??

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #8 of 11
That's a pretty big amp to be using with the clip+. It sounds like a faulty cable to me. I'd try another cable if you have one.

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 11
According to the menu of Corda XXS which is essentially the same amp as the HeadSix, "... Please connect the "line-out" socket of your player with the left "input" socket on the front of your amp. If your player doesn't have a "line-out" socket use its headphone-socket instead and turn its volume to approximately 80% of maximum..." You may want to change to higher gain mode to boost volume from phone-out.

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 11

rawrster said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

the headsix is an amp that doesn't have an internal charging capability so you would need something to recharge the batteries wouldn't u? I don't remember too much about it but I could be wrong about that. Assuming I'm not wrong, get a device that charges 9v batteries if the battery you have is a rechargeable one.

It's good for reference, Thanks for your effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back