Question about amps for the Stax SR-009
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #421 of 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[...]
I would recommend anyone wanting to hold up a recording as being realistic to watch this facinating presentation by John Atkinson, Editor-in-Chief, Stereophile Magazine.
He demonstrates that nothing is real and how the recording art affects what you think you hear
[...]

It seems like a link has gone missing from your post. It would be nice to have a link to the recommended presentatiion.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #422 of 883
Seems you have not read or understood "in fact the point is that its all subjective"
Far from denying it I'm agreeing!

We dont know if the Linn recordings have not been manipulated unless you know how they were recorded. Linn (Ivor [size=small]Tiefenbrun[/size][size=small] [/size]) has always been very good at hyping up their products over the years. If your are referring to audio zealots he's your man, just ask anyone in the audio trade. You say they sound better, but better than what?
If we had to limit ourselves to Linn's offerings we would have a very restricted choice of artists and genre of music

You are obviously comparing them with something and making a subjective comparison, but what i'm saying is such comparisons my not be valid as only the recording engineer actually knows what was laid down on the track. So when we make such comparisons we are making assumptions about the recording that invariably are false.  

Quote:
Complin- And the LPs/CDs produced by -LINN/ NAIM were recorded so that little "manipulation" was carried out  by those doing the recordings. And so sound "better". You  [like some others] keep on denying  subjectivism but we all live by it . It like denying you are human like those in sound science do . As soon as somebody mentions anything remotely sounding subjective you are "down their throats " in a flash. And yet , if you are honest --80% of posts on Head-Fi are Subjective and the poster is looking for a Subjective reply and yet you tell him to "forget what you hear" your ears are faulty in comparison to a spectrum analyzer.. Its as if you are trying to put over a Scientific philosophy Neo-Religious. Have they converted "the masses"??---NO they havent because the majority of posters just say---"I would rather believe    my ears"  Even the Church of Scientology lost its "star member"  

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #423 of 883

Our own Tyll Herstens wrote an excellent article on this at Innerfidelity which is an excellent read http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/beyond-neutral-measurements-blind-testing-subjective-experience-and-personal-pleasure-headph

We chat with Tyll Hertsen, editor of Innerfidelity.com, about the difference between objective measurements and subjective evaluations.

Host: Scott Wilkinson

Guest: Tyll Hertsens

http://twit.tv/show/home-theater-geeks/116

Quote:

It seems like a link has gone missing from your post. It would be nice to have a link to the recommended presentatiion.

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #424 of 883
Quote:
Thanks for these impressions.  In the bolded sentence, are you saying that the KGSSHV has better bass quality and impact than the LL?  Or were you comparing it to the KGSS?

Both the KGSS and LL. 
size]

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #425 of 883
And who are those "scientific" products for????---human beings- not robots. If you spend too much time over a  workbench you start to lose control of reality. I am very down to earth. Never took an illegal drug in my life.But you are saying ["in a round about way"]- We are all drugged as if we were smoking whakibaki-funny fags etc. No machine man can equal the human brain and that's  not my words but those   of a computer design engineer. our brains are a MK 10 in relation to anything on this planet. How do you think your government is "going organic" by experiments on animals and machines to bring the two together. They admit organic is way ahead of science. And yet you tell us not to believe our ears???? -This whole website is BASED on what we hear.with our organic ears and brain. While you keep making the point not to believe our ears . 100s on this website ignore what you are saying and continually  talk in subjective language. Your frustrated because we cant see "your truth" or accept it.  a like minded poster said you should not hold beliefs . I worked in a hospital and saw different. Using your logic. Bad car accident --intensive care unit covered in tubes. -You open your eyes 2 doctors are standing in the corner of the room shaking their heads and pointing at you. -Scientific approach= I am going to die --and you die - same person -subjective approach blow it I am going to live because I believe I will -he lives. I have watched people -"give in " in life  and die slowly while others with a belief system survive. Not just my words but doctors and nurses/ scientific people saying the same. The human mind transcends everything on this planet including machines . Which are now being used to "control" us.  They wont get me.   

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #426 of 883
And who are those "scientific" products for????---human beings- not robots. If you spend too much time over a  workbench you start to lose control of reality. I am very down to earth. Never took an illegal drug in my life.But you are saying ["in a round about way"]- We are all drugged as if we were smoking whakibaki-funny fags etc. No machine man can equal the human brain and that's  not my words but those   of a computer design engineer. our brains are a MK 10 in relation to anything on this planet. How do you think your government is "going organic" by experiments on animals and machines to bring the two together. They admit organic is way ahead of science. And yet you tell us not to believe our ears???? -This whole website is BASED on what we hear.with our organic ears and brain. While you keep making the point not to believe our ears . 100s on this website ignore what you are saying and continually  talk in subjective language. Your frustrated because we cant see "your truth" or accept it.  a like minded poster said you should not hold beliefs . I worked in a hospital and saw different. Using your logic. Bad car accident --intensive care unit covered in tubes. -You open your eyes 2 doctors are standing in the corner of the room shaking their heads and pointing at you. -Scientific approach= I am going to die --and you die - same person -subjective approach blow it I am going to live because I believe I will -he lives. I have watched people -"give in " in life  and die slowly while others with a belief system survive. Not just my words but doctors and nurses/ scientific people saying the same. The human mind transcends everything on this planet including machines . Which are now being used to "control" us.  They wont get me.   

To be read in the voice of the immortal Scooby-Doo: "uh... Raggy?"

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #432 of 883
Cant take what you give out ? I dont care if you are the Queen of England . I treat EVERYBODY equally . I have no time for Stuck up/ arrogant people/ Patronising . If you want a debate  I am ready. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #433 of 883
Georgep---Sarcasm is the LOWEST form of wit and you just won the first  prize.   

I don't think you know what sarcasm means. Oh, but please understand that I mean nothing untoward by stating that. Now this last sentence could be construed by some to be sarcasm. My earlier response was actually even less sophisticated than sarcasm - perhaps a step up from someone purposely breaking wind to derail what is actually going on - but not sure that really matters. In the end I am just trying to lighten up the situation before everyone starts putting on their tin-foil hats.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #434 of 883
Quote:
Cant take what you give out ? I dont care if you are the Queen of England . I treat EVERYBODY equally . I have no time for Stuck up/ arrogant people/ Patronising . If you want a debate  I am ready. 

"Ruh roh". Sorry, did you miss the "
size]
"? It was a joke....can we please get back on topic about amps for the SR-009s now....

BTW, back on topic, I plan to have some more impressions by this weekend too between the KGSSHV and the LL. Gonna be busy with my daughter's soccer game tonight and incoming in-laws from out of town on Friday.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #435 of 883
Quote:
"Ruh roh". Sorry, did you miss the "
size]
"? It was a joke....can we please get back on topic about amps for the SR-009s now....

BTW, back on topic, I plan to have some more impressions by this weekend too between the KGSSHV and the LL. Gonna be busy with my daughter's soccer game tonight and incoming in-laws from out of town on Friday.

Thanks for doing this.  I hope to be able to compare my KGSSHV to the BHSE soon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back