Question about AKGs...
Dec 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ArgyleHumbucker

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I have a question about my AKG K240s that's been bothering me for a while.

I got them a couple of days ago, brand new from AKG. Just as expected, most all electronic music and the like sound amazing through these. However, when I listen to most anything involving a distorted guitar or bass. I start to hear faint crackling if I set my ipod's EQ to Hip-Hop or anything that brings out the bass in a song. Yet, if I turn to something electronic that has much heavier bass, such as dubstep or electro house with a big, full kick, it registers super clear without any crackling.

These are the best headphones I've ever owned, so is it that I'm hearing the higher frequencies made with the distortion that I'm not used to? Or is it the .mp3 format's quality? The main thing that scares the heck out of me is if I've damaged the AKGs somehow. I love to listen to my music loud enough to hear everything and be surrounded by it, but I've been careful not to make them too loud. I got these for my birthday and I'm pretty short on income at the moment, so I'm going to be devastated if it was my carelessness at fault.

Thanks in advance. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to high end headphones, so I hope this is all in my head, no pun intended.

Also, I'm using these without an amp, not sure if that's the deciding factor in this, but I really hope it is.

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey, looks like you haven't logged in since you posted this, so you may not be aware that there's a PM waiting for you in your inbox. If you happen to see this, go and log in to read the message I sent you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back