Question about AKG K1000 Foam Inside the Drivers
May 16, 2011 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dyaems

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I'm new here and I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong thread. Feel free to move it, mods. Thanks.

Back to the topic, while I'm using the K1k earlier I found out a sudden rattling noise at the right channel. So I take off both grills and I found out that the foam sticking inside the center of the drivers is lose, and it is touching the membrane. I removed the foam, and noticed that it is about to crumble as well while I remove the dust on it, but this is not really related since most 10-20 year old foams will experience the same condition (like the foam inserts of k240M).

The question is, any idea how to put the foam back to its place? Comparing it to the left drivers, they are not sticked at the grills itself, but a part of the foam is sticked at one corner of the magnet. Another thing that I am thinking is to open up the left speakers as well, and remove the foam as well.

Sorry I don't have a decent camera to have this captured so bear with me, thank you. Forgive my grammar as well as I rarely speak in English language.

Thank you for any answers in advance as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back