Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Mar 8, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #346 of 398
Have very good detail and soundstage also is good but have more energy in the higher frequencies like typical sabre stock tuning more analitical and thin
Hm thats not so great... I'n not a big fan of too much/sharp treble. But with the filters or PEQ I could tweak that or is such a sound characteristic something you have the life with?
I would like to find a small dac for desktop use. When possible with PEQ since I would like to use it both with my windows PC and my Macbook pro for work. And MacOS is not good if you want to EQ. My sundaras sounds soo much better with PEQ. Possible that the Empyrean 2 are great without and I would prefer that but I don't know yet.

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #349 of 398
Well if he had another dac before with other sound signature and was used to it, it might feel like that.
@rael67 Ya I have no doubt that the T71 has enough power. It's mainly about the sound since it's a small and still quite cheap dac compared to the HPs. I would be happy if they are very similar to big expensive desktop dac/amps.
You are using 4.4 or 3.5mm connection?

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #351 of 398
More analitical thin precise sounding in stock form total transparent and neutral without any coloration with some more sparkle in high end spectrum..for me lack a bit body and dense sound which I prefer...but with eq is possible fix it...in stock mode all devices you mentioned sound better for
my taste

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #352 of 398
I also wanted to know how this DAC sounds but everyone seems to be talking specs, bugs, updates etc.
So: How does this device stack up against similarly priced dongles (Questyle M15, Cayin RU6/7, L&P W4 etc.) ? No one?
It sounds great, just like most dongle DACs nowadays. The key difference in my opinion are the features that the T71 has (PEQ, 7.1 mode, Qudelix APP...)

I have compared with a quite a few dongles/portable, DAC/AMPs & DAPs. Im sure It would be impossible for me to guess the correct one in a blind test, listening to stereo music. With the 7.1 mode it might be a different story, but didn't make any comparisons.

The only one that I noticed a bit of a warmer and softer presentation, was the Cayin RU7, which I tried last week. But that's understandable, being a different tecnology fron Delta Sigma DACs.

So it all comes down to the use case that you have. If you are just going to listen to music and don't need too much power (for a dongle), just get anything else.
But if you want are going to use any of the T71 features or need a dongle with power, go for it.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #354 of 398
Well if he had another dac before with other sound signature and was used to it, it might feel like that.
@rael67 Ya I have no doubt that the T71 has enough power. It's mainly about the sound since it's a small and still quite cheap dac compared to the HPs. I would be happy if they are very similar to big expensive desktop dac/amps.
You are using 4.4 or 3.5mm connection?
I am using the 4.4 connection with EQ. In comparison to my ifi Zen DAC / Zen CAN combo I can hear no difference when using the same eq settings. Same with my FiiO BTR7 for mobile use.

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #357 of 398
Flat and sound like tipical topping dac amp more on thin and analitical side without eq
It's called transparent. That's what High Fidelity means. You might prefer a warmer signature, but that doesn't make the other stuff sound thin or analytical. It's your subjective opinion.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #359 of 398
Been using T71 for a while but I wanted T71 to feed my iBasso PB5 tubes amp as a standalone DAC / Line out, is this possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back