Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #334 of 398
Nevermind. Reinstalled the firmware and the UAPP volume issue is gone.
The backlight not turning off is still annoying, thought.

Does the backlight remain on when connected to USB power? There is an option to control the screen timeout in the Chrome app.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #336 of 398
Nevermind. Reinstalled the firmware and the UAPP volume issue is gone.
The backlight not turning off is still annoying, thought.

I have the same problem, the information disappears but the screen remains clearly backlit (I have it set to turn off after 30 seconds in both modes, although I only use it via USB).

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #337 of 398
I have the same problem, the information disappears but the screen remains clearly backlit (I have it set to turn off after 30 seconds in both modes, although I only use it via USB).
Yeah. It's very ugly to have that. I also have it on 30 seconds but Im considerinh leaving always on until they fix it, cause just the backlight on looks pretty ugly.

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #340 of 398
Per the Qudelix forum, the screen backlight issue has been patched. Will try it out now.

Can confirm, it's already fixed. :beerchug:

BTW, the option to keep the screen inactive when there is a change in an audio event also seemed like a great addition with this update.

Now I just hope they add the 20-band PEQ mode along with the USR/SPK mode (I thought it was great that they kept both in the 5K with the latest firmware) and the ability to automatically load EQ presets based on the physical input.

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #341 of 398
BTW, the option to keep the screen inactive when there is a change in an audio event also seemed like a great addition with this update.

Yes! It wasn't much of an issue before, but it could definitely be a slight distraction at times while playing something(scary) in the dark, while you are otherwise immersed. I really don't need the screen to ever turn on by itself anyway. I'm fine with it while powering on, or swapping headphones though.

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #342 of 398
I'm sad there is still no Cross feed for 2 channel on the T71, unlike the 5K.
I posted the crossfeed request on their support forum, 36 hours later it's now included in the new firmware, at least in USR EQ mode, so I seem to have to save off squig link presets from the SPK EQ mode and then load them in.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #343 of 398
Is the T71 good enough to proper drive the Empyrean 2. The power should be fine but it's more about sound quality and soundstage or will or the T71 be a noticable limitation?

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #344 of 398
Is the T71 good enough to proper drive the Empyrean 2. The power should be fine but it's more about sound quality and soundstage or will or the T71 be a noticable limitation?
I dont see a problem with powering Empyrean 2 with T71. It's very sensitive headphone with "normal" impedance, there should be no issue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back