Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Dec 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #376 of 458
I've used just about every equalizer app known to man including Denon, EQ 10, EQu, Equalizer (which has been my favorite), you name it I've tried over 12 different ones.

Unfortunately equalizer has been a little buggy even now crashes I get volume spikes so I've been using EQ 10 and it's very stable and has basically all the same features as Equalizer. I just downloaded Accudio and going to give that a try too.

Basically I will try any and all equalizer apps. I guess I'm never happy.lol

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #377 of 458
I've used just about every equalizer app known to man including Denon, EQ 10, EQu, Equalizer (which has been my favorite), you name it I've tried over 12 different ones.
Unfortunately equalizer has been a little buggy even now crashes I get volume spikes so I've been using EQ 10 and it's very stable and has basically all the same features as Equalizer. I just downloaded Accudio and going to give that a try too.
Basically I will try any and all equalizer apps. I guess I'm never happy.lol

Is EQ10 parametric?

How did Accudio work out?

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #378 of 458
Code:
Is EQ10 parametric?
How did Accudio work out?

Haven't had time to try Accudio yet.

E-10 Is not parametric From my understanding of what parametric is. It is not fine tunable laterally across the 10 bands but after using two parametric apps (EQu and Equalizer) I don't see the value. Those were both very touchy and tended to distort. EQ10 just works.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #379 of 458
Got Accudio today.  I have owned equ and equalizer since they came out.  Equalizer was always my faveorite.

Accudio blows them both out of water.  Its a really incredible app.   Aside from the fact that it is designed exctremely well, and never crashes, its ability to bring headphones to true neutral is ASTOUNDING.

i am a bit of a neutrality nut, and have spent months/years chasing neutrality on whatever headphonnes i've owned.   I have had my westone es-5 customs dialed into pretty darn close to neutral for a long time but always though it could probably be done better by someone who really knew what they were doing or had good equipment...   well actually i thought it may never be done because who the heck has the ability to do this except a very select few, and especially on customs!?!?!??!   Wel i have to say they NAILED IT!  its actually similar to my eq curve (pats self on back
biggrin.gif
)   but i am not ashamed to say this app has one upped me and my es-5's have never sounded better.

there's so much more.. the ui is very intiuitive, they support flac, and ogg, their parametric eq is THE BEST!,  the eq settings within the headphone you select as yours works very well, and auto regulates the gain so you never distort. 

I could go on and on.  THIS IS THE BEST EQ APP EVER - BUY IT!!!  especially if your headphones are on their list.  if they can do for yours what they did for my es-5's and you have an open mind to what true neutral is supposed to sound like you will NOT be dissapointed. 

WOW!!

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #380 of 458
Got Accudio today.  I have owned equ and equalizer since they came out.  Equalizer was always my faveorite.

Accudio blows them both out of water.  Its a really incredible app.   Aside from the fact that it is designed exctremely well, and never crashes, its ability to bring headphones to true neutral is ASTOUNDING.

I could go on and on.  THIS IS THE BEST EQ APP EVER - BUY IT!!!  especially if your headphones are on their list.  if they can do for yours what they did for my es-5's and you have an open mind to what true neutral is supposed to sound like you will NOT be dissapointed. 

WOW!!

This is fantastic news. Thanks for your report back on this.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #382 of 458
I've downloaded the free version of Accudio from the App Store. It is very good but I am wondering what is the difference between the free version and the paid (Pro) version? Please advise.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #385 of 458
Hi, Im new. My HFI-2400 sound a lot better with accudio but haven't tryed others. 
Can my iPad improve sound if I use accudio + Fiio amp? Which amp should I use with my HFI-2400??

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #386 of 458
So, I've downloaded a few of the top EQ apps from the app store on my 4s:
Audio Xciter
Accudio
Afessa EQ
EQu
Sonic EQ
Denon Audio
Equalizer (very original people over there...)
Equalizer Pro (no relation to the prior)

I'll do a small write up on each if anyone has any interest, but for at this point I'm really impressed with Golden Ears's Accudio.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #387 of 458
Audio Xciter
Accudio
Afessa EQ
EQu
Sonic EQ
Denon Audio

I'll do a small write up on each if anyone has any interest, but for at this point I'm really impressed with Golden Ears's Accudio.

That would be great. It would be good to know which ones are parametric.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #388 of 458
Quote:
Audio Xciter
Accudio
Afessa EQ
EQu
Sonic EQ
Denon Audio

Hello, I'm a developer Afessa EQ.
In this application, as filters are used - low pass, high pass and bell filters.
It would like to know the opinion of how well the sound in this app.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #389 of 458
Quote:
Audio Xciter
Accudio
Afessa EQ
EQu
Sonic EQ
Denon Audio

Would love to see a shootout review. It's crazy how many new apps pop up every year. It's impossible to keep up with it all!

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #390 of 458
I lost interest in EQ apps having tried loads (paid and free).

I deleted them all except for SonicMaxPro which I use occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back