Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Mar 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #316 of 458
Is it possible in the future that one of these apps or a different app might work in the background instead of being its own music player? I know there are some quality mac players that work seamlessly with iTunes and I was curious if the same could be achieved on the iPhone for the stock music app (which so far can't be matched in convenience/usability). I also use this app called Audiotap that streams music from my iTunes and I would love to be able to use the equalizers/BBE with these apps. The one thing that really irks me about both apps is that they don't stop at the completion of an album and I can't look through artists and pick an album (no sub-options).

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #317 of 458
I've tried EQU and its pretty snazzy. One problem though, the Volume gets reduced Considerably.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #318 of 458

The 3.0 update for Equalizer was realeased today, and it looks nice. However I have only "looked" a it because it crashes before it finishes loading the music from my iPod touch. I have a 64gb 4th gen iTouch. Is someone having the same problem? I normally use EQu, but I´m really looking forward to try the new version of Equalizer.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #319 of 458

Quote:

The 3.0 update for Equalizer was realeased today, and it looks nice. However I have only "looked" a it because it crashes before it finishes loading the music from my iPod touch. I have a 64gb 4th gen iTouch. Is someone having the same problem? I normally use EQu, but I´m really looking forward to try the new version of Equalizer.

Interesting. I haven't checked it out yet. I gave up on Equalizer sadly because the end of each track would repeat the last three seconds before moving to the next. (everytime) ipod touch 2g - 8GB If it wasn't for that I may of continued using it. I'll fire it up later and see if the problems gone away.

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #320 of 458

Quote:

I just fired it up on my 32GB Touch and it seems to work fine.

Quote:
Interesting. I haven't checked it out yet. I gave up on Equalizer sadly because the end of each track would repeat the last three seconds before moving to the next. (everytime) ipod touch 2g - 8GB If it wasn't for that I may of continued using it. I'll fire it up later and see if the problems gone away.

If you have a Touch 2G, it's not surprising that it has issues with Equalizer.....it's optimized for the 4th-gen Touch which has a higher-grade CPU.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #322 of 458
touch 4g 64gb... crashing like crazy.. wont stay open for more than maybe 15-20 seconds.

first time it ran it said it was running in safe mode  error of null or something like that.
tried complete shutdown and reboot, as well as closing all other apps.. didnt help.

I have managed to navigate most of the UI and play some music albiet briefly, and it really does seem better (not that i thought it was particularly bad before).
I hope he stabalizes it soon. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #323 of 458

Quote:
touch 4g 64gb... crashing like crazy.. wont stay open for more than maybe 15-20 seconds.

first time it ran it said it was running in safe mode  error of null or something like that.
tried complete shutdown and reboot, as well as closing all other apps.. didnt help.

I have managed to navigate most of the UI and play some music albiet briefly, and it really does seem better (not that i thought it was particularly bad before).
I hope he stabalizes it soon. 

I only briefly tried it this morning....I'm busy listening to A State of Trance 550 right now.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #324 of 458
I really hoped the new version of Equalizer would of had a Virtualizer function for wide stereo like what is found on the Android Equalizer apps. Never mind. Maybe in a future update.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #325 of 458
So it´s not an isolated case. Well, let´s hope that Audioforge reads our posts. I wonder what´s the cause for some of us crashing and some not :frowning2: By the way, the first time I launched it I also got the "safe mode" message. Plus I did all the same things as Br777 and didn´t get any improvement about the crashing either.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #326 of 458
Yeah, it's been acting up with me too.  I can say the new interface is a huge improvement over the previous version, especially with how it interacts with the ipod/iphone library.  Fix the stability and we have a hands down winner over the competition.

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #329 of 458
Just got an ipod touch 64gb as my video 80gb ipod started having issues, with freezing and quick battery drain.

First couple listens i was not impressed with the touch. Normally with songs with bass i was left with hardly anything. I looked into apps to enhance the audio and started using Equ app. After a few tweaking i found a nice setup for my headphones. Bass is back and everything else much better. Draw backs though are battery drain is fast, and it doesn't work with my Alpine unit in my truck. It seems to confuse the unit. It freezes and doesnt show the current song playing, as well as artwork is not the correct one. It does sound a lot better though. Any way to fix this? The app description says it works in cars as well. Hmmm. Im assuming if you use the headphone in aux mode. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #330 of 458
new equalizer update is out.  way more stable now.. almost perfect.  

one feature i'll suggest is a clear playlist feature, so that i can start building my own from scratch without having to manually clear everything first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back