Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Feb 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #304 of 458
I'm not sure how someone finds Equalizer difficult to use, especially the versions from the last 12 months.  Both are simple but Equalizer allows much finer pin point settings and precise controls for your curves.  Moving a point around with your finger in Equ is easy but much more difficult to control.  I know there was some talk of making different input methods for Equ and I haven't used it in several months, so I don't know if they ever implemented them.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #305 of 458

Quote:
I'm not sure how someone finds Equalizer difficult to use, especially the versions from the last 12 months.  Both are simple but Equalizer allows much finer pin point settings and precise controls for your curves.  Moving a point around with your finger in Equ is easy but much more difficult to control.  I know there was some talk of making different input methods for Equ and I haven't used it in several months, so I don't know if they ever implemented them.

+1

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #306 of 458

Quote:
I'm not sure how someone finds Equalizer difficult to use, especially the versions from the last 12 months.

I'll admit that I haven't tried Equalizer lately, just got tired of all the 'this time it's better' stuff... when it wasn't. But I will have another look and see if it finally is more usable than frustrating.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #307 of 458
I know I have not been posting much lately.
I am quite busy with a huge update.
UI gets a big overhaul.
So does the audio engine.
I convert the whole app over to ARC (automatic resource counting).
And the new features, or fixes to stuff that should have been fixed but I couldn't because my original design prevented me from it.

So in short, Equalizer will have a different UI (except for the curve screen of course)
The whole music selection UI is totally revamped.

However, this is also to time to tell me what you would like to see in Equalizer as a lot is in motion and can be done right now.
I guess I will have a new beta available in two weeks or so. So, please leave me a note if you are looking for a specific feature. (like for example a sleep timer, or lastFM scrobble). The more I hear about things like that, the more likely they are being included :)

Thanks,
Tibor

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #308 of 458
Quote:

However, this is also to time to tell me what you would like to see in Equalizer as a lot is in motion and can be done right now.
I guess I will have a new beta available in two weeks or so. So, please leave me a note if you are looking for a specific feature. (like for example a sleep timer, or lastFM scrobble). The more I hear about things like that, the more likely they are being included :)

Thanks,
Tibor

• It could use shelving filters.
  • There should be an easy way to bypass each filter, so you can hear its effect. There should be a way to bypass all filters and keep the overall level the same, so you can easily hear the effect of all filters vs. none.
  • A utility that will let you copy the frequency balance of a known reference would be nice. Maybe a much finer version of what's on this site: http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html (+/- 1dB, chromatic scale, etc). You create the curve for one source, and then the next, then Equalizer figures out the filters needed to make the target headphones sound like the source. I like to copy the sound of my speakers, and it's painstaking work. With equal-loudness contours, level makes a difference, so an integrated sound level meter might be useful.
  • For now, a simple crossfeed. Maybe a more ambitious project would be something like Smyth Realiser or TB Isone pro. This hydrogen audio thread by xnor might be of interest: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=90764
  • An advanced page that lets you see exactly how the filters are implemented. Maybe even let the user type in something like y(n) = ___x(n) + ___x(n-1) + .... + ___y(n-1) + ... and then have the app display the magnitude/phase response, the impulse response, poles/zeros, etc. Maybe even a GUI version where you can drag the inputs, outputs, delays, adders, or even the poles and zeros, etc. This app will definitely be the geek's choice if you allow it.
  • I don't know if this is even possible with Apple hardware: Push to talk? Some in-ear monitors take some time to insert and remove, so it would be really convenient if the app allowed you to use the headset mic or the phone mic to hear who's talking to you.

I had thought about learning how to program iOS and implementing some of these myself, but I just don't have the time.

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #309 of 458

Quote:
I know I have not been posting much lately.
I am quite busy with a huge update.
UI gets a big overhaul.
So does the audio engine.
I convert the whole app over to ARC (automatic resource counting).
And the new features, or fixes to stuff that should have been fixed but I couldn't because my original design prevented me from it.

So in short, Equalizer will have a different UI (except for the curve screen of course)
The whole music selection UI is totally revamped.

Thanks,
Tibor

I have been quite happy with the current version, but I will be curious to try your upcoming revision.

Also, do you have any plans for a future Android variant? I now have both iOS and Android PMP's, and it would be nice to have your "Equalizer" on both.....(the name Equalizer is already in use by at least one existing Android app, but it's not anywhere near as good as your iOS app)

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #310 of 458
I like how
sonicmaxpro app has - one touch auto adjustment settings for headphone/earbuds/dock/device etc, and the Sound Field option.(of course the BBE is kool too).

I like how
Equalizer has detailed parabolic EQ. making more bands would be good, up to 10 points would be good- and an option to choose the active amounts of points used..

I like how
flacplayer has FLAC support. A flac version of equalizer would be good.

I would like to see these things implemented.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #314 of 458
I just found out about a killer app that turns your iDevice's volume buttons into skip/pause buttons. It's an app called External Ipod Controls (only available from Cydia and for jailbroken iDevices only), but it only works with the default iPod app and not the Equalizer App. Is there any chance to get it to work with the Equalizer App (this is directed at the developer, if it's still watching this thread)?

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #315 of 458

I just found out about a killer app that turns your iDevice's volume buttons into skip/pause buttons. It's an app called External Ipod Controls (only available from Cydia and for jailbroken iDevices only), but it only works with the default iPod app and not the Equalizer App. Is there any chance to get it to work with the Equalizer App (this is directed at the developer, if it's still watching this thread)?

What version of External iPod Control are you using? Because the version I am using works great with the Equalizer app as well as EQu, SonicMax Pro and Stereophonic app. The volume buttons act as skip buttons on all those apps:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back