Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Sep 9, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #271 of 458
i dont know what scrobbling is but as someone who has both apps I have found that "equalizer" is my preference in many ways.

its easier to use, its easier to manipulate the eq settings, it has better options for playlists, and general music browsing, and more things i cant think of right now.
though i havent properly a/b'd i actually found myself swearing it even sounds better. surely a possibility.

i have contacted both of the devs on multiple occasions via their respective websites which i found via the itunes store.     The equalizer app guy recently put out a new version and i know a few of his fixes were at least partly based on my suggestions, so i know he's active, and listening.   

any ideas you have for either dev i would certainly recommend shooting them an email. 

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #272 of 458

Quote:
i dont know what scrobbling is but as someone who has both apps I have found that "equalizer" is my preference in many ways.

its easier to use, its easier to manipulate the eq settings, it has better options for playlists, and general music browsing, and more things i cant think of right now.
though i havent properly a/b'd i actually found myself swearing it even sounds better. surely a possibility.

i have contacted both of the devs on multiple occasions via their respective websites which i found via the itunes store.     The equalizer app guy recently put out a new version and i know a few of his fixes were at least partly based on my suggestions, so i know he's active, and listening.   

any ideas you have for either dev i would certainly recommend shooting them an email. 

Totally agree on Equalizer being better than EQu. I haven't used EQu in months now. It's good, certainly far better than the iPod's built-in presets, but it's not as good as Equalizer.

Oct 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #273 of 458

Quote:
I only have EQu at the moment, I didn't buy both apps as I figured there's probably little point! But the biggest issue for me is lack of Scrobbling to Last FM! I love how it keeps such a good record of what I listen to on the move. It shouldn't be too hard to let these apps use the log file, any chance of it happening? I understand the Equalizer dev is here but I could find no contact for EQu.

I'll happily switch to Equalizer for scrobbling to the log file :)

yes that would be cool scrobbling to last.fm ill be cool is its possible

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #274 of 458
Does anyone with the Equalizer app use IE8s on their iPhones or iPod touch (I have theiPhone 4s and iPod Touch 4th gen)? Could you post your graphs? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #276 of 458
I just figured out today that Equalizer can be controlled by the double tap home buttons, and when taking a call, it'll resume after the call is over. What a nice surprise!

I mainly use Equalizer right now for queuing while I'm getting used to some new headphones, but I love the dynamic playlist.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #277 of 458

Quote:
I just figured out today that Equalizer can be controlled by the double tap home buttons, and when taking a call, it'll resume after the call is over. What a nice surprise!
I mainly use Equalizer right now for queuing while I'm getting used to some new headphones, but I love the dynamic playlist.

That was in the latest update and I think it now supports inline controls too.  I'm guessing Apple relaxed some rules recently to allow all this.  Definitely makes it a permanent replacement to the stock music app now.

Quote:
Just wanted to mention that Equalizer now supports emailing presets (and importing them via email too!)
So if you would want to share your presets, now is the time :)

I didn't know about this feature.  Very cool!

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #278 of 458
Hey, I bought an iPhone recently and decided to purchase the Equalizer app for it. I really like the sound I can get from it compared to the standard player but there are a few things that bother me:
- It repeats an album after finishing and I can't seem to find any way to turn this off - am I missing something?
- I like how the stock app shows what's playing without having to unlock the phone after not using it for awhile, is there anything similar I can turn on?
- It'd be nice if I could scroll through artists and pick out an album instead of having to go directly to the albums column

I'm guessing there's no way to get the nice equalizer settings of an app like this and being able to use the stock player for navigation? I pretty much like everything about the stock app better except the sound/equalizer settings...

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #279 of 458
You can't turn off that repeat.
I don't think Apple allows that.
And I think you might not be using advanced playlists? I know for advanced playlists you can search and add by artists when you queue up songs.

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #280 of 458
The normal music app does in-fact stop after an album is finished. Also, I did switch off simple playlist mode but nothing changed in that respect (the problem wasn't searching just by artist though, it was searching by artist and then album).

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #281 of 458
Any of these apps supportin replay gain in a proper way (allowing to choose between album and track gain)?

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #283 of 458
Hi ya'll, I have been in contact with Tibor the "equalizer" Dev ongoingly since this apps inception, making suggestions and pointing out bugs.
He recently told me that he is working on completely redesigning this app.. obviously to improve it, but with lots of new features and improvements over the current version.

This is great news for an already stellar app, which i use exclusively on my ipod touch.    I suggest contacting him sooner than later if you have any suggestions.  I find him very responsive and open to suggestions.  

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #284 of 458
SonicMax Pro, nothing comes even close to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back