Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #76 of 458

Excellent to hear, I`m just surprised to not see more head-fiers on these EQu/equalizer threads.
I know there is a fair amount of people who either don`t like apple, dislike ipods or favor another technology, but as far
as the ipod goes this is a revolutionary step.

I don`t even need to use my ibassoT3 amp that used to give my 5Gipod a well needed boost and rounding out , but I do
out of habit it seems and so I can get a line out. 

To beat a dead horse, these EQu and equalizer apps are awesome.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #77 of 458
How would the 4G itouch with EQu compare with lets say the cowon s9/j3 ??

Thats the big selling point, a good built in sound :) because in all honesty an external amp is a ballache for most people.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #78 of 458

Quote:
Quote:

@Nywytboy68, you have many other players, how does the touch4G with equalizer/EQu app compare to them? -Also changed my sig too:)

For me, the SQ is easily the best I've heard. I like it's volume as well - allows me to drive my headphones with AUTHORITY!!! Of all my players ATM, I luv this the most - I find the sound to be clean & clear, the EQ responds immediately when you make adjustments,...you can hear as you tailor the sound.

@mathyhew:Just two posts above yours....................he has CowonD2 and other players as well.

Feb 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #79 of 458
Yes i saw that but it was hard to tell from his sig whether is was using LOD or the headphone jack as the DAC in the ipod is what is at question here :D

Because a LOD on the ipod means u can charge at the same time among other reasons. :)

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #80 of 458
I have a battery case on my iPhone 4, I'm using the HP out (I will not do an amp, that's not a "portable" solution for me), and the SQ is (IMO, YMMV) the best sounding thing I own. I favor it over all my other players SQ.

Feb 12, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #81 of 458

Quote:
I have a battery case on my iPhone 4, I'm using the HP out (I will not do an amp, that's not a "portable" solution for me), and the SQ is (IMO, YMMV) the best sounding thing I own. I favor it over all my other players SQ.

So as far as your concerned a Ipod4g with EQu has better SQ than a Cowon D2.

Wow. :)

Feb 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #82 of 458
Just found this thread. I have RE-ZEROs which I like, except that I wish they had more bass. The bass booster is fine BUT I've always wanted more adjustment, so EQu looks perfect.

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #86 of 458

Quote:
So as far as your concerned a Ipod4g with EQu has better SQ than a Cowon D2.

Wow. :)

Quote:

After my initial amazement has passed, I've realized that the Cowon D2 has a "slight" edge on the EQu app in 1 particular area,...and that's VOLUME!!! The EQ settings are both great, and I personally prefer the low end of the EQu'd iPhone, but it's still slightly low w/my HP's. Even when the "Headroom" is switched to "Loud", the D2 is still the king of driving larger, more power hungry headphones.

Either way you look at it, SQ wise, Rockbox, Cowon, and EQu are all pretty even when it comes to SQ nowadays. The only difference between them is the Cowon driving power. The iPod touch & iPhone all have the little (major actually) extras.

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #87 of 458
Feb 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #89 of 458
Yeah, I always find ipods volume to lack beef.
So I use an ibasso T3 and LOD with mine. very nice. Very light and portable.

Also to conserve power (iphones and Touch) from the usual battery hogs:,
airplane mode ON(when not using wifi).
all Spotlight functions unchecked!,
notifications off,
turn off apps I am not using.

Feb 12, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #90 of 458
Me, I personally REFUSE to ever carry a portable amp. Either it works on it's own, or it doesn't. The extra gear (>amp>) defeats the meaning of "portable".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back