Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #421 of 458
Do any of these apps play aiff files aside from the denon and accudio apps, both of which have issues from my point of view?

EQu or Equalizer play aiff?

Or do I just have to jailbreak and find a cydia app?

Sep 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #422 of 458
I recently came into possession of the Audio Technica CK-100s (which are discontinued). I wish I had discovered these ages ago, as I really like the sound signature. I would like to boost the bass a bit just for some hip-hop tracks. Can anyone recommend an app which would allow me to do this? I don't want to mess with the sound signature or affect the sound quality. Thanks.

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #423 of 458
The new Equalizer update is ugly in my opinion but has some nice new features. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #424 of 458
I have a similar question:

I use my iPhone II on headphones and streaming to my Bose Soundlink II via Bluetooth, I need a simple equalizer app that works in both situations. I have iOS 4.2.1. I did a search at iTunes but most apps are for later iOS only, does anyone know a source of 'old' apps?
Thanks, Trevor.
P.S. The iPhone iPod app has a simple equalizer (accessed via Settings) but I need a universal app that works for both iPod and other sources.
P.P.S. Up to now I've not needed eq but I recently streamed the preview of the Elvis Costello & The Roots album from NPR and, boy, it was bass heavy!!!

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #426 of 458
  There's another iOS app that lets you choose your specific headphone. It's called UBiO. I haven't tried it because, out of all my headphones, it only supports one (my Apple earbuds) and I don't want to pay $5 just for that. Here's the list of supported 'phones.

I might give this a try as my CK100PROs sounded awful using Accudio.  I'll try and do a mini review once I've tested it properly.

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #429 of 458
I got frustrated with crappy updates rendering the app unusable, and introducing heaps of bugs especially when answering calls or using the lockscreen was involved.  (Equalizer I'm looking at you)

Given up now, using the standard iOS music player and CloudScrob to scrobble my plays to last.fm.  It'll do.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #430 of 458
I'm finding EQ10 to be my favored app now with latest updates.

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #431 of 458
I have my brother using Accudio with my own equalisation of the Denon ACH260, and it sounds pretty good if a tad quiet on the Iphone 4. My brother is a quiet listener so that's not a problem. My equalisation always finishes by adjusting bass and treble overall to taste.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #434 of 458
Is there a general eq app that controls All audio and not just iPod and iTunes?

Don't think so. I've been in touch with the developer of Equalizer and he said the internet radio platforms (Pandora) will not allow him access to their data stream to enable him to mod the signal. I've tried........

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #435 of 458
I recently came into possession of the Audio Technica CK-100s (which are discontinued). I wish I had discovered these ages ago, as I really like the sound signature. I would like to boost the bass a bit just for some hip-hop tracks. Can anyone recommend an app which would allow me to do this? I don't want to mess with the sound signature or affect the sound quality. Thanks.

You may not need an app. the equalisation on older ipods was truly dreadull; distortion even at just a few dB's of extra bass. But newer devices have decent equalisation. Some equalisers do introduce aliasing, however. The rockbox equaliser did this, for example with very high frequency sound. You can test yours with a sine/tone sweep. As it goes beyond 15K Hz you hear lower frequency 'zipping' sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back