Qualia 010 & Beyer DT 880 on the balance!
Jun 8, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #151 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Are you Swiss by any chance?
tongue.gif

Edit: Ah... I didn't notice your location. That explains it.
evil_smiley.gif

I wasn't sure if you were joking, so better play safe...

peacesign.gif

Jun 8, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #152 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Is there anything you can apply to the inside of the baffle to lessen the reverb effect, maybe some kind of special liquid or material? Or would that sacrifice too much of the Qualia's positive sonic qualities?

Nik> You ordered from Stoneaudio? I have ordered from them before. THey did not deliver the goods and I have sent them numerous emails to complain but they did not reply. I would never use them again no matter how much it would cost me extra to order from another retailer.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

After some days they have shipped my order. They said that internaitonal orders need more time and they had trouble with my credit card... (fraudes). I sent to them the image of my card and personal data. But why they did not shipped your order? Are you telling that they are fraudulent?

Best!
Nicola

Jun 9, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #154 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
After some days they have shipped my order. They said that internaitonal orders need more time and they had trouble with my credit card... (fraudes). I sent to them the image of my card and personal data. But why they did not shipped your order? Are you telling that they are fraudulent?

Best!
Nicola

No I am not saying they are fradulent, incompetent more like.

I saw them on the web and went to order a van der hul toslink cable. They had a special offer on the 1.5m length. So I placed my order and paid via credit card.

They sent me a reciept via email. I waited and waited. Two weeks passed so i sent them an email requesting if they had a tracking number for my order so I could look it up. I recieved no reply and assumed they were on to it. Another month passed and I had still recieved nothing.

I then sent an email requesting to speak to the sales manager to find out why I had not recieved my order and yet I have electronic proof of payment. I recieved no reply.

Seeming I wasn't recieving no correspondance about them I decided to phone up my credit card company and then get the refund from them.

All I am saying is that I am not happy with Stoneaudio service and the way I feel I have been treated is unfair.

You will probably have a better experience than I.

Just be careful, dude. Never give your personal details over the phone. It does not take more time to process international orders. This from a cresit card point of view. Shipping I can understand.

The first time I ordered an EMP anniv. it was from the Audiophile club in London. I recieved via UPS. I had no problems dealing with Rob from the Audiophile club.

Aug 1, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #155 of 155
Well, reading this thread, Nik has a point to some extend.

I feel, i own(ed) both headphones, that the hd650 lacks a bit of the airyness of the hd600. The hd650 is better in alot of respects though.

The better the source, the better the hd650 gets. Also a good amp and matching interlinks are very important. I tried a new interlink last week and all of a sudden the hd650 sounded more neutral, faster and musical to me.

It is just important to match. As it is important with any system, beying headhpones or speakers.

I come from an expensive maxed out electrostatic system. I began to miss the impact and fullbodied sound. The electrostats sound often very transparent and detailed but lack most body, speed and musicallity.
Bass is always a problem for electrostats.

That's why i am building a new rig based on a dynamic headphone. I am happy to sacrifice a little detail for musicality. This is, in my opinion, also the case with Nik. A too revealing headphone, as the qualia is, i think, can also cause fatigue. Al you do is try to listen to the details you can determine and forget about the musicality and fun factor music originally should be.

This is just my 2 cents, but i am also an experienced headphone addict. I didn't own or try as much as Nik has done, but i can fairly say i heard quite a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back