QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
May 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,247 of 5,627
They won't even sell you canned air? I can't believe there are people stupid enough to huff that. I don't see why you'd get carded for Tylenol though. It's not abusable unless you fancy a slow, painful death by way of liver failure.

And yet I've never been carded buying Robitussin, anywhere. Do retail stores seriously live far enough under a rock to still not know what kids do with THAT?

May 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #1,248 of 5,627

from my past experiences, canned air is unusable in its current form after they added "bitterants" a good alternative is tamiya spray cans (heck, I'm sure testors hasn't complied with the bitterents restriction seeing as they have not changed their formula for their enamel line for at least a decade), but at the end of the day, I personally I prefer the TS series since they have what is IMO the closest shade of panzer gray.

happy modeling 

jacob
Quote:
They won't even sell you canned air? I can't believe there are people stupid enough to huff that. I don't see why you'd get carded for Tylenol though. It's not abusable unless you fancy a slow, painful death by way of liver failure.

And yet I've never been carded buying Robitussin, anywhere. Do retail stores seriously live far enough under a rock to still not know what kids do with THAT?

May 29, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #1,249 of 5,627
Arrogant SUV driver strikes again...
The road is merging from 2 lanes to one, my wife has her blinker on, trying to merge before the lane ends. Do you think Mr. SUV would let her in?
Of course not.
He speeds up just to make sure he's in the front, causing us to nearly run off the road. 
So we both end up at the grocery store with him enjoying his 2 second lead, and guess where he parks?
In the handicap parking spot.
No handicap plate or mirror hanger.
Out of the SUV come 3 perfectly healthy people.

I wanted to key his car so bad!
mad.gif

May 29, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #1,250 of 5,627

Quote:
Dude, I've wanted to live in Washington for like 3 years now.

i live just north of washington state in british columbia canada. every summer we get up to 45C but it is a late summer this year. it is quite refreshingly 18C outside atm.

May 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,252 of 5,627

Quote:
Quote:
So let me get this right... You can die for your country, but you can't buy a movie?
blink.gif

They're both 18, so not quite true. A better example is alcohol in America.

You can die for your country but can't have a beer. Military: 18, Alcohol: 21

It's sad really

where i live drinking age is 19. doesn't stop me from having one once in a while at 18.

May 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,253 of 5,627
Complaint (PAST) (Canned air just reminded me of something) - I got fired from the grocery store I worked at a couple years ago for sucking helium and then talking to the customers. 

Compliant (Present) I'm car shopping and they won't lower the prices.

Complaint (Future) I can't rewind to the past.

May 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #1,254 of 5,627

Quote:

18C is cold...

We only have two seasons here. Summer and summer. It's 100F right now, and it shouldn't drop below 80 until November.

you in the southern usa, if so that is understandable.

May 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #1,256 of 5,627

Quote:
Quote:

18C is cold...

We only have two seasons here. Summer and summer. It's 100F right now, and it shouldn't drop below 80 until November.

Freakin' hate Texas man.

judging by what the weather your describing is i would love it. personally i don't like it here in the dry desert much. yes i live in canada's only desert.

May 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,257 of 5,627
Quote:
judging by what the weather your describing is i would love it. personally i don't like it here in the dry desert much. yes i live in canada's only desert.

lol. I live next to a lake, and you have the pleasure of experiencing the thousands of insects that breed outside your door. The desert isn't so bad, dry heat is manageable.

May 29, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #1,258 of 5,627

Quote:
lol. I live next to a lake, and you have the pleasure of experiencing the thousands of insects that breed outside your door. The desert isn't so bad, dry heat is manageable.

well there is a lake here but it is still rather dry. and the insect problem i hardly notice because it really isn't all that bad.

this is what my surroundings look like we get about 11 inches of rain a year.

May 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #1,259 of 5,627
Damn. I WISH it was summer and summer here. We've got a few months of spring-ish weather from June - August, and winter the rest of the year. Wanna trade houses, MorbidToaster?

On the topic of alcohol: I don't understand why they limit the drinking age, but they'll still give prescriptions for benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax etc.) to under-18s. They work on the exact same receptor in your brain, the only difference is that benzos don't kill your liver. I also don't get why getting crapface drunk every weekend is considered socially acceptable. It's especially annoying when binge drinkers try to talk crap about people who abuse other drugs like they're somehow above them.

Sorry for ranting so much about drug-related crap in this thread.

May 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #1,260 of 5,627
hm..because of the taxes made out of alcohol at least in Germany..I was one time in my life on benzos and thats enough so far..ugly week..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back