QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
May 29, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #1,216 of 5,627

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, I think I'll go try to grab a barbecue lighter tomorrow. I hope I don't get recognized by any of the cashiers and they won't let me buy it.

Hmm, that doesn't sound like the best idea... You have a soldering iron I imagine, have you tried that like I copied from Wikipedia in my last post?

its much harder to do it that way. Plus, there is no room for error. You touch the heatshrink, you burn it.

I'm 17, but my parents let me have a lighter since I was 12. It's proved endlessly useful. I don't smoke, or otherwise do drugs, though.

May 29, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #1,218 of 5,627

Quote:
WOW...um...im not a Taylor Swift fan, but I may be now, EPIC 
biggrin.gif

If were talking about BBC programs here, why the h$ll did there need to be an American version of top gear? Those guys were so awkward and boring it was rediculous. So the main guy was a professional stunt driver, who gives a flaming cr*p, that's what the stig is for...Really. The American version of the office may be brilliant (and it does make sense) but it bothers me that Americans are apparently too stupid to appreciate anything that hasn't been edited to death. I like watching the UK Top Gear, the cross-cultural 'references' teach me things
rolleyes.gif

The song is actually on one of her albums, I didn't even know there was a video until recently.

My car friends also say the American Top Gear sucks, so I guess maybe it's a collective feeling.

May 29, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #1,219 of 5,627

I do this as well. I often find myself lighting theirs for them. Every now and then it actually starts a conversation with a stranger. That's nice when I'm at a coffee shop or something.
Quote:
I like to carry a lighter everywhere with me even though I don't smoke.  But everyone seems to think I do as a result. :p

May 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #1,220 of 5,627

Quote:
I do this as well. I often find myself lighting theirs for them. Every now and then it actually starts a conversation with a stranger. That's nice when I'm at a coffee shop or something.

I love those little jet lighters.  They're like little blowtorches except in a more inconspicuous package.  And they can make an invisible flame.

May 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #1,227 of 5,627

Quote:
Can't buy a lighter for melting heatshrink for various DIY projects because I'm underage. My parents won't buy them for me because they think I'd just use it to smoke/do drugs. I've tried to buy them myself everywhere except for some really shady convenience store near my highschool, but it's too far to walk or bike and my parents won't drive me for the aforementioned reasons. Can't get to the train station without going on the highway either.

I love my parents, but they can be really annoying some times.

Amazon.com, baby!

May 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #1,229 of 5,627
I had a boy, must have been about fourteen ask me to buy him some cigarettes outside my local supermarket. I refused. If he had asked me to buy him a lighter, I'm not sure how I would have responded as I'm not aware of any law prohibiting youths having lighters in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back