QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
May 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,261 of 5,627

Be careful of what you wish for...here in Georgia its been in the mid 90's already quite a few times and its not even June.

The hottest month is Aug so I am betting maybe 110-115 in Aug.

About the drug/alcohol thing...You guys might be surprised to know that you get Morphine in the hospital for an upset stomach.  BTW, nearly all meds are metabolized in the Liver and excreted in the Urine.

Quote:
Damn. I WISH it was summer and summer here. We've got a few months of spring-ish weather from June - August, and winter the rest of the year. Wanna trade houses, MorbidToaster?

On the topic of alcohol: I don't understand why they limit the drinking age, but they'll still give prescriptions for benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax etc.) to under-18s. They work on the exact same receptor in your brain, the only difference is that benzos don't kill your liver. I also don't get why getting crapface drunk every weekend is considered socially acceptable. It's especially annoying when binge drinkers try to talk crap about people who abuse other drugs like they're somehow above them.

Sorry for ranting so much about drug-related crap in this thread.

May 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #1,262 of 5,627

Quote:
Be careful of what you wish for...here in Georgia its been in the mid 90's already quite a few times and its not even June.

The hottest month is Aug so I am betting maybe 110-115 in Aug.

About the drug/alcohol thing...You guys might be surprised to know that you get Morphine in the hospital for an upset stomach.  BTW, nearly all meds are metabolized in the Liver and excreted in the Urine.

At least the liver has to fight with/against every poison..

May 29, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #1,263 of 5,627
Quote:

Metabolized in the liver =/= bad for your liver.
Also, why would you get morphine for an upset stomach? Opiates are nausea-inducing, morphine would only make your stomach worse.

May 29, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #1,264 of 5,627

Quote:
Metabolized in the liver =/= bad for your liver.
Also, why would you get morphine for an upset stomach? Opiates are nausea-inducing, morphine would only make your stomach worse.

You are right, metabolized does not necessary mean bad....neither does excrete however our bodies do have limits.

Why would someone get morphine for an upset stomach???  Because if their Dr. lists Morphine for pain and the patient says "My stomach hurts" the Nurse can and often does give Morphine...

May 29, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #1,265 of 5,627
Wow. Doctors where you live need to learn about the effects of the drugs they're giving people. I've thrown up every single time I've taken opiates.

Just when I thought that doctors couldn't over-prescribe medications any more. It would at least make more sense to give them a dose of codeine/promethazine syrup for the antihistamine in it. If this seriously happens, I need to start getting "stomachaches" more often.

May 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #1,266 of 5,627
Sitting in the lounge of a fancy hotel for a wedding to start. Why the hell it's an outdoor wedding in 100 degree whether I'll never know.

Ceremony doesn't start for 2 more hours, and I have no money to purchase drinks with. Gonna be a long day. Hoping the reception has an open bar. Don't drink often but this is the bible thumper side of the family. Ugh.

Edit: At least I have my Liquid DnB Pandora to keep me company.

May 30, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #1,273 of 5,627
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

At work I have to make everyhting in both systems because my boss is from the US...

May 30, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,274 of 5,627

Quote:
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

At work I have to make everyhting in both systems because my boss is from the US...

wow the imperial system is full of fail. luckily in canada (like the rest of the world) we use the metric system. makes much more sense.

May 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #1,275 of 5,627
I thought I could keep the "banned" title as my new custom signature... ):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back