Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Oct 18, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #2,056 of 2,153
Qobuz is not avaliable, either by web player or by Studio Windows app. Studio app shows error 500. I have Internet connection. Anybody experiencing the same?

Oct 18, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,059 of 2,153
Here as well.

Oct 18, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #2,060 of 2,153
Seems to have been a service glitch; now working in my PC. Thanks for your information.

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #2,061 of 2,153
Yeah, I saw it glitch out on the home page in the Windows app, but switching to favorites and back seems to have forced a refresh. They might be doing some behind the scenes updates.

Oct 22, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #2,062 of 2,153
Qobuz has been glitching for me for about a week now. Intermittent drop outs, constant log outs, blank “Favorite“ pages. Tried to reach out to no avail. This is getting ridiculous. Anyone having problems with Qobuz?

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #2,063 of 2,153
Qobuz has been glitching for me for about a week now. Intermittent drop outs, constant log outs, blank “Favorite“ pages. Tried to reach out to no avail. This is getting ridiculous. Anyone having problems with Qobuz?
No problems for me

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #2,064 of 2,153
No, works like it should here in Germany.

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #2,065 of 2,153
I have more than one device connected to the Qobuz account. Just trying to rule out any potential issue, I am going to try different account for different device - managing fav will be a nightmare but hope this solves the problem.

Oct 23, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #2,066 of 2,153
No problems here, in Spain.

Oct 23, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #2,067 of 2,153
I have more than one device connected to the Qobuz account. Just trying to rule out any potential issue, I am going to try different account for different device - managing fav will be a nightmare but hope this solves the problem.
Please keep us in the loop. Let us know your results

Leo

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #2,068 of 2,153
Qobuz 101 questions. Well a friend of mine got me to try out Qobuz the last few days. I have to admit, the sound is to my ears better than Tidal especially when the sampling rates of a particular song are high. Note I'm using an iFi

I don't know if it is just me, so used to Apple Music/Tidal, but navigation of songs/albums seems a bit confusing. Maybe I'll get used to it in time.

My only problem is my M1 MacMini with 16GB of memory has a hard time keeping up with the streaming. It is not so much I mind waiting for the song to load enough to play, but using Safari browser sometimes "chokes" while it is loading a web page while the music is initially loading.

I do have the MacMini connected via ethernet cable, and my Internet service is optical fiber, and usually pretty fast. While this in not the end of the world, I am wondering if Qobuz is not going to work very well when I'm traveling, using guest Wifi services with my iPhone/iPad Pro. I guess the old saying about, "You can't have your cake and it too." is coming into play here. :ksc75smile:

Downloading the high resolution music to my iPad Pro, for travel, might be the way to go. My iPhone doesn't have nearly as much storage as my iPad. When I replace these Apple devices I will certainly think about having more RAM and storage.

Anyone with suggestions on how to get the most out of Qobuz is most welcome!

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #2,070 of 2,153
Your Mac Mini should have more than enough firepower for Qobuz. I’ve used it with much older MAC’s without streaming issues. I think your problem is using the Safari browser to stream it in hi-res. I would recommend to download and use the stand alone Qobuzz app.
Thanks for the help! Sorry I wasn't clear about my choice of streaming Qobuz. I am using the Qobuz application. I just noticed that emailing a "large" sized photo to a friend, the music choked again. My Metronet internet service isn't supposed to throttle, and no-one else in the house is on a computer. Maybe I should Metronet them after running some Internet speed tests. I certainly pay a premium for "premium" internet speeds. :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back