Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Aug 9, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #109 of 2,162
OMG the new iOS version 4.019 b10 is terrible. Do not update.
With every restart it forgets whichn title you were listening. And restarts occur all the time, when you pause a title and switch to another app and back, boom, quite often a restart.
Plus, when importing a lot of freezing happens, even with the new iPad pro.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #110 of 2,162
OMG the new iOS version 4.019 b10 is terrible. Do not update.
With every restart it forgets whichn title you were listening. And restarts occur all the time, when you pause a title and switch to another app and back, boom, quite often a restart.
Plus, when importing a lot of freezing happens, even with the new iPad pro.
Thanks for the heads up, Richter. I wouldn't have updated anyway. I mean, look at that ugly app icon! I wonder who the f*ck at Qobuz decided this looks better than the previous icon. It's like they want to fail. :unamused:
BB750444-79F4-4AA0-BD03-6085D5332007.jpeg

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #114 of 2,162
I liked the older look....
Anyway I did the app upgrade on iOS and the app crashed all the time. It even crashed when I locked the phone.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the app to fix it.
Every song that I had offline and not in a playlist is gone :smile:

Aug 11, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #115 of 2,162
There's a huge price difference between tidal and qobuz here in Czech Republic. tidal hifi is less than 12 euros / month and qobuz has no plan for Czech Republic but it seems possible to sign up in uk (expensive) or ireland for 20 euros a month. So it kinda makes it not a question.

However tidal is sucking hard and making it impossible for me to sign up. Because they seem not to care i will explore alternatives.

@Richter Di sorry to hear this. I guess they all suck and I should just buy CDs and stream myself.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #117 of 2,162
Can't believe it! Again I have to say that you can't use the current Qobuz Android version on my Sony NW-ZX2. The version before, yes, the new one crashes all the time. Returning to an ancient Qobuz version once more.

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #119 of 2,162
Qobuz has finally launched a monthly version of its hi-res streaming service. It's called “Studio". http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/qobuz-blog...-and-unlimited-hi-res-streaming-subscription/ .

It doesn't offer any discount on music purchases like the annual Sublime+ subscription.

Thanks for this update. I'll probably try the trial, but it's twice the price I'm paying for Tidal Hifi now... I just don't get it how they think this is ok. I realize I'm lucky to be a country where Tidal is cheap but still...

Oct 14, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #120 of 2,162
I d love to continue with my subscription after the very generous free 3 month trial but I have not once managed to stream for more than 30 mins without the app crashing.
It’s a pity because the classical catalogue is quite extensive but I find Tidal much more stable and I still prefer the slightly darker sound signature, quobuz sounds a bit glary and 2 dimensional in comparison.
I m not sure that I can justify paying for 2 streaming services when I end up using one of them 90% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back