qls mub 1
Oct 20, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #107 of 176
20231021_124325.jpg

Can easily output 24/192 DD to my Hugo!

Oct 26, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #108 of 176
I tried the MUB1 today and it is pretty amazing. I paired with Elysian Gaea on 4.4, high gain and NOS. Bold bass and great sound, I really enjoy this small device. But I won't say it is better than the Gryphon. Gryphon is an excellent device and pack with functions. MUB1 did a good job to pack so much power into a small package, overall it is a great portable device for IEM.

I tried Meze Liric on Super High gain via 3.5, pretty bad pairing. big no for me.
3.5 is just not for heavy loads, 400mw only. I tried Hifiman Arya Organic with MUB1 on balanced and it sounds nice, close to my desktop setup.

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #109 of 176
I tried disable charge (desktop) mode and it sounds impressive. My friend also tried this mode and from his words it has the best sounds separation and stage he ever heard in portable audio. He has L&P LP6 and he tried most of top tier DAPs out there.

My experience of desktop mode is also outstanding, with Arya Organic I got some super lively and detailed sound. Very energetic and transparent at the same time.

MUB1 is just an outstanding device with huge potential and I’m looking forward to seing the new devices from Quloos in future.

Oct 29, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #112 of 176
I tried disable charge (desktop) mode and it sounds impressive. My friend also tried this mode and from his words it has the best sounds separation and stage he ever heard in portable audio. He has L&P LP6 and he tried most of top tier DAPs out there.

My experience of desktop mode is also outstanding, with Arya Organic I got some super lively and detailed sound. Very energetic and transparent at the same time.

MUB1 is just an outstanding device with huge potential and I’m looking forward to seing the new devices from Quloos in future.
And you connect it to a power supply? Or directly to the power outlet?

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #113 of 176
And you connect it to a power supply? Or directly to the power outlet?
I just connected it with USB c charging cable to anker power brick in wall socket.

I’m not sure, maybe it’s possible to connect MUB1 to some kind of pure current audiophile power supply if there is USB c cable for it.

The only thing I know it’s better to avoid using the same socket for audio gear and computer, because computers produce a lot of noise on it’s supply chain.

Nov 4, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #114 of 176
I'm still impressed with the MUB1. Brought it to the kids soccer game last week.
I mostly use the MUB1 as USB DAC/amp at work but the Bluetooth is really well implemented. I dont know how Clark does it but the sound quality through Bluetooth is really not far from the USB input.

Anyway, my DX300 is gone now, replaced by the MUB1

Pic with the ie600
1000019847.jpg

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #115 of 176
I just connected it with USB c charging cable to anker power brick in wall socket.

I’m not sure, maybe it’s possible to connect MUB1 to some kind of pure current audiophile power supply if there is USB c cable for it.

The only thing I know it’s better to avoid using the same socket for audio gear and computer, because computers produce a lot of noise on it’s supply chain.
so to have the "desktop mode" you have to use two cables? one for data another for charging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back