QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #1,276 of 2,714
Hi folks, once again there's a Chinese brand strikes, qdc, I believe no headfiers had heard it yet, the flagship is 8-driver-ed (about $1500/pr), actually they are always doing military stuff but suddenly decided to make IEMs (well, the cake's big)... Maybe groundbreaking, I dunno.

I don’t quite like the VX, but have not tried the ciem of QDC.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #1,277 of 2,714
Found qdc’s official retailer in Japan, they seem to have a discount on their products at the moment, can’t read japanese though:

https://www.mixwave.co.jp/c_audio/c_news/caudio_news19092603.html
Yea, Mixwave is the importer/distributor and they run on line retail site as well. They don't have actual shop though.
Their discount is only for CIEM , not IEM this time. They are still very pricey. I assume the CIEM discount can be applied for
order via E earphone, as well.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #1,278 of 2,714
Screenshot_2019-11-01-16-52-54.png

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #1,283 of 2,714
Come on bro don't let us hanging, what's the driver configuration, how many sound tubes, what about the impedance, do they do silicone now?

Honestly I Can't say, but there is a flagship hybrid in the works after fusion's release... Also other non flagships so I'm not sure what qdc will announce at Canjam SH

Nov 2, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #1,286 of 2,714
Man that ain't right, after all that VX shills they didn't even give you a sample for future shills?

Who says I dont, maybe i already have a demo... Maybe I have a review for it already... /s

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #1,288 of 2,714
Having switches is not good? Explain more, please!
A couple people here have a really strong opinion about having no switches and presses it onto others. Some of the reasons are:

as for most things electrical and mechanical, more complexities add more breaking points. The VX has 6 total switches that can break and get water damage, etc. Who knows when you've switched a switch for the last time

Hardware EQ is kinda useless when we have software EQ.

The frequencies boosts from each switch just isn't to their liking. The bass switch makes thing bloated. The mid switch doesnt do much. The treble switch makes things sibilant.

Lastly, the VX default sound is just what they wanted. Since they won't use the switches anyway, knowing it's even there reminds that there was an added 300 or 400 bucks that's not being used, and that a switchless VX might've been under $2K retail

Nov 2, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #1,289 of 2,714
A couple people here have a really strong opinion about having no switches and presses it onto others. Some of the reasons are:

as for most things electrical and mechanical, more complexities add more breaking points. The VX has 6 total switches that can break and get water damage, etc. Who knows when you've switched a switch for the last time

Hardware EQ is kinda useless when we have software EQ.

The frequencies boosts from each switch just isn't to their liking. The bass switch makes thing bloated. The mid switch doesnt do much. The treble switch makes things sibilant.

Lastly, the VX default sound is just what they wanted. Since they won't use the switches anyway, knowing it's even there reminds that there was an added 300 or 400 bucks that's not being used, and that a switchless VX might've been under $2K retail

Some of us love the switches though. It's a quick and easy way to add more bass etc. when I feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back