QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #766 of 2,715
Well.....if his posts actually warn folks to try and give the V3 a pre-purchase listen, he truly is doing the community a service. Not everyone will value the V3. I am vary happy with my purchase, but listened to them first to know what I was getting into.

They are not a $500 IEM......completely......sound-wise? Though I like it better than the some $200-$400 IEMs? If you read my review I do a lot of comparisons to the BGVP DM6......a $199 IEM, still the V3 has none of the bright grainy treble that the DM6 has? Still the day I purchased I listened to much of the qdc line as well as the iBasso IT04 and CA Atlas? The V3 could use some upper end sparkle but with all the criticism the last couple days..............:xf_eek: all I’ve listened to is the V3; trying to decide if the judgments against it are correct? Afterwords I have to think, my positive ideas about it still stand true?

This is all I wanted, I just like to provide a counter argument to this discussion. Tho I can be less aggressive... I am happy that you are re-visiting the V3, if you end up liking it even more, thats fine; and if you end up agreeing with me, thats fine too...

There will never be any productive discussion if we all agree with each other, and if anything we are both very passionate about qdc as a company and I'm sure we both want to see qdc to make more amazing IEMs. I apologize for my outburst and if you feel any hostility from me, it wasnt for you.

Jun 9, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #767 of 2,715
Awesome. This is one of the reasons I have stayed with head-fi for all these years. I am truly amazed with qdc products, although I have limited experience with them (have V3 at the moment and tried 8SS ans 8 SH for a short time). I don't own any TOTL products but I do enjoy the brief moment I had with the qdc 8-series and reading people sharing their experience on this forum. My dream system is electrostatics setup (have tried one STAX setup a while ago) and I am hoping one day I could find an affordable STAX system.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #768 of 2,715
This is all I wanted, I just like to provide a counter argument to this discussion. Tho I can be less aggressive... I am happy that you are re-visiting the V3, if you end up liking it even more, thats fine; and if you end up agreeing with me, thats fine too...

There will never be any productive discussion if we all agree with each other, and if anything we are both very passionate about qdc as a company and I'm sure we both want to see qdc to make more amazing IEMs. I apologize for my outburst and if you feel any hostility from me, it wasnt for you.

You just don’t want random people to waist their money. $500 is a ton of cash..... more for some....less for others. If you read my review I try to explain the V3 as a strange offering in the world of IEMs. It is expensive in the ChiFi world. I’m sure in my review I suggested for people to listen to it first. Vary seldom would I ever think a blind purchase is a good idea.

Again though the V3 has something special about it.......if someone was inclined to like the signature. Many times stuff can still be of value and not be the most technical or refined. I don’t need to defend my purchase; as I have all kinds of headphones. Typically though I’ve found a few in the last year that were badly talked about. If I would have only read people’s ideas I may have missed out on getting them. So again, listening is truly the only way to know what works or not. It’s extremely difficult to get a good personal idea of a headphones sound reading on-line, even though that’s a big part of what this place is about.

Still the silly part of this thread is you have three posters that like them, and your telling us they are the worst thing qdc has ever made. Lol.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #770 of 2,715
does anyone know where you can audition the vx in beijing?

北京安润海德风耳机专卖店
address: 北京市海淀区中关村大街鼎好电子市场二层C2805室

天域联达
address:鼎好4楼4889

copy and past the address on baidu maps and you should be able to find the stores

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #774 of 2,715
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #780 of 2,715
They go for around 12000rmb new domestically and sometimes less, depends on where you go. And used you can get for even less if you know where to look.

That’s like $1800, right? Sounds like a really good price... do you know what the post-purchase service through QDC would be like if buying it from a local seller in China?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back