QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #796 of 2,715
The 1750ish price is for people who can take a trip to china, and you cant get that online. So yeah,if you can make it to china, get yourself a pair of VX. That being said, I dont even use the switches on my VX so I wouldnt mind if qdc release a switch less VX and just let customer pick the tuning they want. And put it at a lower price.

Just good to know relative prices for products in different regions. Now if I ever want to get a QDC Anole VX or a EE Legend X, I know to take a weekend trip to China/Japan respectively :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #797 of 2,715
Wow! There will be big controversy. :astonished: I can see fires everywhere!!

Pretty sure he is memeing, but since we are on the subject of Fusion, I have heard from a few people that fusion have a very unDD like short decay and bass roll off. Gotta hear it for myself 1st tho.

Just good to know relative prices for products in different regions. Now if I ever want to get a QDC Anole VX or a EE Legend X, I know to take a weekend trip to China/Japan respectively :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Funny because if you live in SG. VX is 3000SGD its litterally cheaper to fly to china to buy a VX.

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #798 of 2,715
Funny because if you live in SG. VX is 3000SGD its litterally cheaper to fly to china to buy a VX.

I live in Korea - I think the VX is like $2800 USD and the LX around $3000, so it's a similar situation here. You know local prices are screwed up when I could take two weekend trips to Japan for a custom Legend X (one for the purchase, one for the pickup) and still end up paying less overall.

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #801 of 2,715
Just got my qdc VX that I bought second hand from China. My god, this thing is good, really good!

DSC08443.jpg

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #802 of 2,715
Just got my qdc VX that I bought second hand from China. My god, this thing is good, really good!

Welcome to club VX. You should try AMP 8 with a 4.4 cable, it used to be my old setup. I like that combo a lot

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #803 of 2,715
I had a chance to listen to that particular VX pair too for a few days..

The resolution is superb, beats every other BA or DD iem that I have tried.. imaging is so vivid, it's like 'watching' a performance through your ears.. i didn't even have to use my imagination, the presentation is all there, laid out so clearly..

The tonal balance is almost neutral with just a slight hint of brightness (to my treble sensitive ears anyway)..

Bass is plenty full enough on neutral switch position.. and becomes really awesome when the switch is turned on.. this is BA bass that gets really close to DD bass..

Overall I think the VX is really endgame.. unless I want more resolution (in which case the KSE would be the way to go, with all their impracticalities).. or unless I want something more fun with pure DD bass (in which case I would go for the Z1R)..

FYI my reference iem is the PP8, and I also have no business trying to drive a qdc hype train.. this is a 100% honest impression.. try the VX yourself, don't blind buy and I am sure you will agree with me.. cheers!

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #805 of 2,715
I had a chance to listen to that particular VX pair too for a few days..

The resolution is superb, beats every other BA or DD iem that I have tried.. imaging is so vivid, it's like 'watching' a performance through your ears.. i didn't even have to use my imagination, the presentation is all there, laid out so clearly..

The tonal balance is almost neutral with just a slight hint of brightness (to my treble sensitive ears anyway)..

Bass is plenty full enough on neutral switch position.. and becomes really awesome when the switch is turned on.. this is BA bass that gets really close to DD bass..

Overall I think the VX is really endgame.. unless I want more resolution (in which case the KSE would be the way to go, with all their impracticalities).. or unless I want something more fun with pure DD bass (in which case I would go for the Z1R)..

FYI my reference iem is the PP8, and I also have no business trying to drive a qdc hype train.. this is a 100% honest impression.. try the VX yourself, don't blind buy and I am sure you will agree with me.. cheers!
Great impressions! I agree everything you said. I also think that they're slightly bright. If I'm ever having an extra treble sensitive day, I just pop up the mids switch and it's completely alleviated.

Jun 18, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #806 of 2,715
@ddmt
ok, enough VX jerking time for the annoying stuff...

I do think the VX cable is alright, its not as bad as the other qdc stock cables but its also not great. Balance is not a necessity but it helps with the bass dynamic, but qdc's own 4.4 cable pairs badly with VX, making is more sibilant. I shilled Luminox cables and a few other VX owners here have Luminox day for night as well.

stage is average, very good depth but width is somewhat lacking due to the 4-5khz dip.

the switches are kinda useless, i dont think anyone use it.

again, a really good all rounder... just a lot of minor annoyance that you have to deal with.

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #807 of 2,715
@ddmt
ok, enough VX jerking time for the annoying stuff...

I do think the VX cable is alright, its not as bad as the other qdc stock cables but its also not great. Balance is not a necessity but it helps with the bass dynamic, but qdc's own 4.4 cable pairs badly with VX, making is more sibilant. I shilled Luminox cables and a few other VX owners here have Luminox day for night as well.

stage is average, very good depth but width is somewhat lacking due to the 4-5khz dip.

the switches are kinda useless, i dont think anyone use it.

again, a really good all rounder... just a lot of minor annoyance that you have to deal with.

May I ask why you find the switches on the VX useless? Occasionally when I'm out say on public transport I put the switch on the Gemini on, while at home I'd turn it off instead. Is there not a similar use for the switches on the VX? I don't own one though I've tried them so I'm just curious to find out from someone who's actually owned them.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #808 of 2,715
May I ask why you find the switches on the VX useless? Occasionally when I'm out say on public transport I put the switch on the Gemini on, while at home I'd turn it off instead. Is there not a similar use for the switches on the VX? I don't own one though I've tried them so I'm just curious to find out from someone who's actually owned them.

I had the gemini before the VX and they are kind of the same with the bass switch, it just felt bloated to me a too much of a BA bass isn't really good thing.

edit: tho i feel the same way with all the qdc switches, it's more of a gimmick than anything else.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #809 of 2,715

The switches on the vx are definitely not useless. Maybe its source dependent but they definitely serve a purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back