QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #211 of 2,715
Has anyone ordered custom qdc iems in 2018? I would like to know what the turnaround time is like now. I've seen some posts saying that their ciems were delivered in 8 days, but the staff at Music Sanctuary told me it's about 6 weeks. I'm rather puzzled by the stark difference in turnarounds.

Aug 3, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #212 of 2,715
Has anyone ordered custom qdc iems in 2018? I would like to know what the turnaround time is like now. I've seen some posts saying that their ciems were delivered in 8 days, but the staff at Music Sanctuary told me it's about 6 weeks. I'm rather puzzled by the stark difference in turnarounds.

If you mail your impressions straight to a company, it'd probably take just a week for the package to get to them. But MS waits several weeks and sends out all the ear impressions of their customers in one huge batch. It once took me 9 weeks to get a Custom Art product (despite their turnaround being 4 weeks) because MS took forever to send my impressions out.

But yes, I've heard the same thing from my friends: QDC has a much faster than average turnaround time.

Aug 5, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #213 of 2,715

Had mine 8CS done earlier this year, impressions done in their office, final customs delivered in 8 days.(same town shipping)

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 5, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #214 of 2,715
If you mail your impressions straight to a company, it'd probably take just a week for the package to get to them. But MS waits several weeks and sends out all the ear impressions of their customers in one huge batch. It once took me 9 weeks to get a Custom Art product (despite their turnaround being 4 weeks) because MS took forever to send my impressions out.

But yes, I've heard the same thing from my friends: QDC has a much faster than average turnaround time.
Had mine 8CS done earlier this year, impressions done in their office, final customs delivered in 8 days.(same town shipping)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #215 of 2,715
_KE20761.jpg

I received the qdc Neptune today. Wow, I love the case! It smells and feels like real leather and has a great snappy magnet. Sadly my qdc Gemini won't fit in. I want to use the Neptune as my new daily driver anyway.
Build quality is absolutely flawless. I love the cable and it has a remote too. (Fortunately I still use an iPhone 6S Plus for Apple Music.)
I wanted the black version but it is limited to Japan only, sadly. The blue shell and turquoise faceplate does look pretty good too, especially with the silver logo.

Tonality overall is fairly neutral. Bass is slightly boosted and lower treble is recessed a bit which creates a minor veil compared to the Gemini or reference speakers. The sound is still light and crisp, though. Definitely not muffled, thick or forward. I didn't like the Campfire Comet when I first heard it, the Neptune is much more up my alley.

I do have to experiment some more with tips. The SpinFit CP-100 seem to create some honk, which is a bit unfortunate as they are extremely comfortable. The Final E tips make them muffled and bassy. The tips included with the UE 900 create a hot treble... The best so far, IMHO, are the SpinFit CP-240 double flanges. The red color (size M) doesn't go too well with the blue, though. So for now I am using the included default double flanges (size L) - not as pictured.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #216 of 2,715
Neptune reacts well with a cable upgrade. You can try it with cables such as Pw Audio no.5

Aug 19, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #217 of 2,715
Any recommendation for aftermarket cables for QDC Gemini? Stock cable is gd, but it's time to introduce a tad more resolution to my Gemini:ksc75smile:.
Not sure which company does cables with the right polarity and connections for QDC.

Aug 19, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #218 of 2,715
Any recommendation for aftermarket cables for QDC Gemini? Stock cable is gd, but it's time to introduce a tad more resolution to my Gemini:ksc75smile:.
Not sure which company does cables with the right polarity and connections for QDC.

Plussound GPH

Aug 20, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #219 of 2,715
I like mine with the Linum SuperBax. The cable doesn't have earguides so you can easily use it to conform with Gemini's polarity. To my ears it improves tone (more realistic and organic) and separation (better black space). Soundstage size remains small though.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #220 of 2,715
Aug 22, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #221 of 2,715

BeatAudio and PW audio have cables specifically for qdc iems w/ qdc pins
Been using my local custom made cable for months for my anole and i’m satisfied w/ it
the only downside is the fitting since it is on standard straight pins

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #222 of 2,715
Guys, I managed to try out the Anole V6 (although with a single setting) at a recent local show. It had good detail and QDC's trademark luscious mids.

My impressions are found here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kua...av-show-kliav-2018-impressions-thread.886935/

And yes, the shell is among the most beautiful I've ever seen.
Legit impression for the V6, been using mine in high sensitivity mode and upgraded my cable right away but we are cooking some new cable upgrade to improve that flat bass response of the V6

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #224 of 2,715
And here's the frequency response. It has some similarities with the Gemini. With boosted mids and treble it looks fairly similar but more refined.

IMG_4660.JPG

Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying the Neptune

_KE30776-Bearbeitet.jpg

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #225 of 2,715
...so pretty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back