QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #226 of 2,715
3B42FE2B-76D1-4EF3-A135-F03EA81A9344.jpeg
Want to share my taekyo cable w/ qdc pins adapter
Adding w/ a little bit warm tuning and 3D presentation

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #229 of 2,715
Legit impression for the V6, been using mine in high sensitivity mode and upgraded my cable right away but we are cooking some new cable upgrade to improve that flat bass response of the V6

If you find bass flat (which it is) in sensitivity mode, why not change to standard or bass boost mode? :wink: Unless if you want to keep mids more forward and more revealing while boosting bass in addition to it? which kind of what Gemini with a bass boost sounds like.

I had a chance to do a really quick audition of 8SH, 5SH, NEPTUNE, GEMINI, and ANOLE V6, and I was very impressed with 8SH and ANOLE V6. Especially Anole with its 4 sound sig settings, was going between standard and bass boost modes and couldn't decide which one I like the best (probably bass boost). Considering its price tag under $1k and flexibility of 2 switches with 4 sound sig settings, that is one heck of a value for a flagship quality IEM. I know, I know, only 6BAs in comparison to 8BAs in 8SH and Gemini, thus some might not look at it as a flagship, but still, excellent flagship level tuning. I can only imagine what Anole VX going to sound like and all the sound variations between 3 switches. QDC hasn't been on my radar, but now it is. Really curious about Anole VX...

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #237 of 2,715
http://musicen.qdc.com/product/index66.html

"qdc launches new flagship, which is 10 drivers design. VX is a kind of nerve agent with more toxic than Sarin in military, one of the deadliest chemical weapons. So it is a “toxic” earplug. It will on sale in October and welcome to reserve."

Hilarious, but I prefer the origin story of the Anole series :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #238 of 2,715
I just bought the Anole V3 from another head-fi'er. They came with the stock cables. When I tried to put them on one of the sides (more often the left side) would have no sound. I had to fiddle with the cable where it connects to the earpiece to get the sound back. The seller said he was using the after-market cable and asked me to try pushing the pins either together or wider in order to get a better contact. I suspect that the seller was using a cable with different pin gap than the qdc spec (0.75 vs 0.78?) I would really appreciate if there is any other suggestion.
Thanks.

PS: The seller listed the V3 as 'mint' and I think that's misleading information.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #239 of 2,715
I just bought the Anole V3 from another head-fi'er. They came with the stock cables. When I tried to put them on one of the sides (more often the left side) would have no sound. I had to fiddle with the cable where it connects to the earpiece to get the sound back. The seller said he was using the after-market cable and asked me to try pushing the pins either together or wider in order to get a better contact. I suspect that the seller was using a cable with different pin gap than the qdc spec (0.75 vs 0.78?) I would really appreciate if there is any other suggestion.
Thanks.

PS: The seller listed the V3 as 'mint' and I think that's misleading information.

qdc uses .75mm 2pin connector, maybe the previous owner use a .78mm 2pin and worn out the connector? But if it was listed as mint you should be able to return it.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #240 of 2,715
The seller just told me that he was using some JH Audio cables (the one that doesn't have the bass module). I did try the suggestion he made earlier and tried to squeeze together the pins on the qdc cables. But I found out that the problem was not just the pin gaps, such as 0.78mm on the JH versus 0.75mm on the qdc. The qdc cables would come out of the socket on the earpiece real easily. I suspect the pins on the JH cable were slightly thicker than the qdc's so the sockets on the V3 earpiece were pushed open slightly too large and couldn't keep a good and firm grip of the qdc cable anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back