QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,396 of 2,715
Got to try the 10SE, 8SE, and 6SE today. They were really good. The 6SE in particular was an all-rounder. You get the hard-hitting bass, balanced resolving mids, and clear treble. But I really like the 8SE the best, because of the sheer quality of the vocals. The details I've not noticed before were heard. As well as with the 10SE, which has a ridiculously high resolution sound. The 10SE was like the one IEM to rule all. The tuning were expertly done, and it sounded good with all kinds of music. But I felt for my playlist (mainly acoustic) and wallet, the 8SE was better more specialized for it. It's sweet, and can be intimate, but also so natural and accurate. The timbre sounds right, not too warm and veiled, nor cold and analytical. And the upper-mids were smooth. Along with it a spacious soundstage, and an extended treble. I liked it a lot. And the 10SE was similar, but one step better in details retrieval, clarity, and bass. The 6SE on the other hand, was very balanced. It performs well everywhere, but not quite as extended in the treble. The midrange is more forward and pronounced than the 5SH though, and you can hear the instruments well-separated, and overall very musical. It's hard to pinpoint the signature, not really V-shaped, but not neutral. I wonder if anyone have heard them too?

8SE

10SE

6SE

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,397 of 2,715
Got to try the 10SE, 8SE, and 6SE today. They were really good. The 6SE in particular was an all-rounder. You get the hard-hitting bass, balanced resolving mids, and clear treble. But I really like the 8SE the best, because of the sheer quality of the vocals. The details I've not noticed before were heard. As well as with the 10SE, which has a ridiculously high resolution sound. The 10SE was like the one IEM to rule all. The tuning were expertly done, and it sounded good with all kinds of music. But I felt for my playlist (mainly acoustic) and wallet, the 8SE was better more specialized for it. It's sweet, and can be intimate, but also so natural and accurate. The timbre sounds right, not too warm and veiled, nor cold and analytical. And the upper-mids were smooth. Along with it a spacious soundstage, and an extended treble. I liked it a lot. And the 10SE was similar, but one step better in details retrieval, clarity, and bass. The 6SE on the other hand, was very balanced. It performs well everywhere, but not quite as extended in the treble. The midrange is more forward and pronounced than the 5SH though, and you can hear the instruments well-separated, and overall very musical. It's hard to pinpoint the signature, not really V-shaped, but not neutral. I wonder if anyone have heard them too?

8SE

10SE

6SE

Were you in e-e, the JP exclusives are actually just switchless version of the anole series, and 8SE is the 8sL if I remember correctly.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,398 of 2,715
Were you in e-e, the JP exclusives are actually just switchless version of the anole series, and 8SE is the 8sL if I remember correctly.
Ah, I see. Thanks! Going to get my 8SH next week. Smooth, and switchless.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #1,400 of 2,715
Does anyone have any impressions of these compared to the empire ears legend X? I'm currently looking to buy a pair of TOTL iems to complement my Verites.

I own the vx and am speaking from memory, and aural memory can be poor. First both are excellent, though I find the VX superior.

One important question is, ”what music do you listen to?” I think the vx edges out the legend x in most categories, but the legend has more pronounced bass, though it can sometimes be just a little too much. Even if not too much, the VX wins on low end definition.

I don’t use the bass switch on the vx often enough to comment on the VX with the switch turned on, but, if I had to guess, the gap in bass quantity would be not be terribly much, with the legend x having a little less control/definition.

The vx can do it all VERY well, but if you are willing to trade some of that accuracy for a warmer low end, then you might prefer the Legend. In general, I actually DO prefer a slightly warm signature with a fun low end. However, the qdc just does it all so well that I couldn’t let it go. (I realize equivocations and relying on auditory memory is completely unhelpful, but what can you do :))

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #1,401 of 2,715
Does anyone have any impressions of these compared to the empire ears legend X? I'm currently looking to buy a pair of TOTL iems to complement my Verites.

The LX has more bass quality and quantity, but arguably too much sometimes and at the cost of the mid-range to a certain extent. The VX is better as an all rounder, is more detailed, has a deeper stage, and more balanced presentation but lacks the texture of the DD bass. I don't mind this so much though and consider the VX to be a step up from the LX. Both are great though it depends on your taste.

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #1,404 of 2,715
Oh boi, did you really bought a pair of VX base on other peoples recommendations? You know you can get a demo loaner from musictek if you are in NA...
I've actually done the musicteck for audition thing a little bit ago. I've tried some other TOTL iems since but I've never been that impressed. Also I like the way the anole looks. The legend x is one I haven't tried, but the current musicteck deal was too good to pass up :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #1,405 of 2,715
Oh boi, did you really bought a pair of VX base on other peoples recommendations? ..

This is exactly what I did, plus reviews and crins graphs. Couldn't be happier!

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #1,406 of 2,715
I've actually done the musicteck for audition thing a little bit ago. I've tried some other TOTL iems since but I've never been that impressed. Also I like the way the anole looks. The legend x is one I haven't tried, but the current musicteck deal was too good to pass up :)

Oh nice. Yeah the $1750 is nice, thats how much it cost in china lol

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,408 of 2,715
How much does one of them 8 series cost again? And if you want to get a pre-owned unit, do you know where I can find one?

Not sure really, if you want to go through the hassle to get it from taobao you can get it for cheap. Just dont ask me how, I get all my IEMs when im in china...

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #1,410 of 2,715
This is exactly what I did, plus reviews and crins graphs. Couldn't be happier!
Same. It's the only iem I've bought that was able to quell the upgrade itch. Between it and the lcdi4, I'm done buying gear.

OK here is my thought on this... I'm really against blind buying, especially on something that's so expensive. A lot early adopter of VX (before musictek) took a risk and bought it based on others recommendations, and it honestly is a safer blind buy since it's a all rounder w/o any major fit/tonality issues. But there isn't really a reason to do that anymore in NA, since musictek will give you a VX loaner for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back