QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,186 of 2,722
I've been listening with ALL the switches ON lately. It's great. Try it for a day. You can always go back to stock. There's nothing wrong with trying out something new. All the cool kids are doing it. You'll look glamorous. Believe me.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #1,187 of 2,722
I dont mind flipping the mid switches on but i 99.99% of the time keep it normal

and you are right 99.99% of the time...
So I took your post to heart and worked on the VX a bit with EQ. The N6ii has a phenomenal EQ and the VX responds very well to it...I think I'm officially done with the switches.

You should take my other advice and get a Kern Kann Kube...

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,188 of 2,722
You should take my other advice and get a Kern Kann Kube...

I've been curious about that for a while but there's no way I'm carrying that massive brick around.

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,190 of 2,722
Sep 23, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,191 of 2,722
how often do you walk around with your dap?

Like most of the time. The Cube wouldn't even fit in my pocket...I don't even think it's meant to be portable in the traditional sense. More like transportable. That said Headphone Bar carries it so I'll likely be able to demo it. If it impresses me enough I'll consider picking it up as a desktop device down the road. As it stands the N6ii/VX is a perfect pairing for my tastes.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #1,192 of 2,722
3rd switch UP (High) for me.

Got my VX yesterday and coming from Legend X and A12t I expected much more from VX from the readings and a quick listening session a couple months ago. I will give them a bit more listening, but it is too close to A12t to keep both. :frowning2:

Sep 26, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #1,193 of 2,722

Got my VX yesterday and coming from Legend X and A12t I expected much more from VX from the readings and a quick listening session a couple months ago. I will give them a bit more listening, but it is too close to A12t to keep both. :frowning2:

Would you mind making a short comparison between the VX and the A12t / U12t ? I've demoed the VX for a week and tried the U18T for a few minutes but I can't find a demo unit of the U12t anywhere. I've heard good things about it so I'm curious. Which one do you prefer between the VX and your A12t?

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #1,194 of 2,722
Would you mind making a short comparison between the VX and the A12t / U12t ? I've demoed the VX for a week and tried the U18T for a few minutes but I can't find a demo unit of the U12t anywhere. I've heard good things about it so I'm curious. Which one do you prefer between the VX and your A12t?
Let me spend a couple days more with it and I will have a bit more to say. But from first impressions, with all the switches down they are almost simblings, one need to be really picky to find the differences, bvut definitelly your pocket will feel. Does ir worth +-500 more? At this point I say no. The good thing on the Anole are the switches that you can tone a bit per your liking. But is up to each one if they worth the extra. U18t is definitelly more detailed and resolving. But costs way more.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #1,195 of 2,722
Let me spend a couple days more with it and I will have a bit more to say. But from first impressions, with all the switches down they are almost simblings, one need to be really picky to find the differences, bvut definitelly your pocket will feel. Does ir worth +-500 more? At this point I say no. The good thing on the Anole are the switches that you can tone a bit per your liking. But is up to each one if they worth the extra. U18t is definitelly more detailed and resolving. But costs way more.

Where I’m from it’s the opposite. I can actually get the VX at around $300 less than the u12t.

Thanks for the general idea. Looking forward to the rest of your impressions!

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #1,196 of 2,722

I only heard the u12t briefly. They are indeed similar but I found the U12t brighter and more fatiguing. Also, as a DD bass lover while the u12t has good bass for a BA I found the bass on the VX more satisfying. I would also give the VX more points for detail, resolution and depth of stage. The differences are subtleties though and, as with everything in this hobby, ymmv.

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #1,197 of 2,722

There is no reason to get VX if you already have A12t. I have tried all the multi BA totl in the market, ans U12t is the most similar to VX. The obvious move here is to sell both and get a ciem VX

Sep 26, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,198 of 2,722
Where I’m from it’s the opposite. I can actually get the VX at around $300 less than the u12t.

Thanks for the general idea. Looking forward to the rest of your impressions!

Any of both you'll be happy. Would say that is about the budget, 300 discount you can get an extra cable.

I only heard the u12t briefly. They are indeed similar but I found the U12t brighter and more fatiguing. Also, as a DD bass lover while the u12t has good bass for a BA I found the bass on the VX more satisfying. I would also give the VX more points for detail, resolution and depth of stage. The differences are subtleties though and, as with everything in this hobby, ymmv.

I saw a feel people mentioning the same about the U version, mostly due to tips and seal. Mine is Custom, so no problem with that.

There is no reason to get VX if you already have A12t. I have tried all the multi BA totl in the market, ans U12t is the most similar to VX. The obvious move here is to sell both and get a ciem VX

I like to try and from memory VX was good. So got it. But my 64a is Custom already, so won't get rid of it. I will get a couple other days. But will probable put the VX for sale soon.

Ps.: don't get me wrong guys, VX is really good.

Sep 28, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #1,199 of 2,722
A few months in and after numerous comparisons the verdict is in: the QDC Anole V3 is all I hoped for and trumps the others I've heard. Still loving it.

Oct 1, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #1,200 of 2,722
Fotor_156990292289112.jpg

Loving these sexy beasts...low key yet striking in the sunshine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back