QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #137 of 2,715
yep, pretty much the same with P9. Sorry I can't try it at 70%, too loud for my ears. :frowning2: but i hope its just the recording, not the drivers.
I went back to the store and tried out their demo unit. It also distorted at higher volumes.

It seems like the single BA can't handle very high dynamic range tracks at higher volumes.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #139 of 2,715
How would you compare it to qdc 5 live/Hifi and anole?
I tried out the JOMO and the QDC 5 driver.

The JOMO is noticeably clearer and more detailed than the QDC. Instrument separation is also superior on the JOMO.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #141 of 2,715
How would you compare it to qdc 5 live/Hifi and anole?
I haven't tried Anole and it has been ages since last tried the qdc 5 if I am not mistaken. It was nothing memorable for me of the sound signature which makes me doubt whether I tried it before or not.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #143 of 2,715
Which Jomo you tried? I tried the 6 v2 and feel the same way with you. But do you feel that the intructument sound not so firm it’s jomo?
As in lack of bass slam and sounding thin? I thought the 6v2 sounds great with stock cable and fitting my sound preference. Wait until you try Flamenco....hahaha :D
Tried Flamenco before 6v2

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #144 of 2,715
lol did you ended up with qdc or jomo?
I was simply demoing at the local shop. Was checking on Jomo Flamenco and qdc Gemini for potential purchase so the rest weren't in my list but did try the 6v2 and few other stuffs

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #147 of 2,715
Both are out of my budget.. did you picked us anything at the end?
Flamenco sounds really good IMO but also still finding Mason V3 for demo. Maybe by then will decide. Perhaps, you thought it may be thin sounding due to it has balanced signature which means you may like warm signature? Hahaha....

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #148 of 2,715
Flamenco sounds really good IMO but also still finding Mason V3 for demo. Maybe by then will decide. Perhaps, you thought it may be thin sounding due to it has balanced signature which means you may like warm signature? Hahaha....
I am not quite remember is the sounding thin or not. The only memorable feeling is that the instrument is a bit loose, did you feel the same?

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #149 of 2,715
I am not quite remember is the sounding thin or not. The only memorable feeling is that the instrument is a bit loose, did you feel the same?
Instrument feel a bit loose?

Well, I did find the JOMO to not be as crisp as I liked.

I liked the QDC Gemini a lot more than the JOMO. It's clearer, crisper, has better quality bass, better instrument separation.

In general one step up from the JOMO.

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #150 of 2,715
Instrument feel a bit loose?

Well, I did find the JOMO to not be as crisp as I liked.

I liked the QDC Gemini a lot more than the JOMO. It's clearer, crisper, has better quality bass, better instrument separation.

In general one step up from the JOMO.
I’m not good at describing the sound lol
What I meant loose is the sound of the instrument is not very firm and tight.

Is the qdc 5 live/hifi or anole have a good instrument separation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back