Q-Jays are back.
May 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #256 of 456
Oh wow, big price drop. Glad I hesitated on these before lol.

I wonder if a very small amount of threadlock would help at all- problem is it might interfere with contact and probably not strong enough to prevent turning, hmm...

May 13, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #257 of 456
  Oh wow, big price drop. Glad I hesitated on these before lol.

I wonder if a very small amount of threadlock would help at all- problem is it might interfere with contact and probably not strong enough to prevent turning, hmm...

A locking washer might also do the trick.

May 13, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #258 of 456
A locking washer might also do the trick.

Mine did become loose after about two weeks daily usage.I discovered a "plop" on the hard wood floor and discovered it was one of the ear buds.Lost the tiny washer but just used the ones on the included cable.Of which i only use and android MIC cable.But Yeah a locking washer would be a great benefit but occassional tightening is what i do without over doing it.

May 15, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #259 of 456
I've worn them daily since purchase. The funny thing is that I must be a bit cautious naturally... Each time I remove them, I do a slight tightening motion, whether they need it or not. As far as I can tell, they've never been lose.

Great price drop!!

These are truly wonderful IEM's. They continually amaze...

May 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #261 of 456
The new price is imho now pretty competitive for a double-BA in-ear that has probably one of the most detailed and refined implementations of the TWFK. Considering that it is imho quite noticeably better resolving and detailed than the SE425 and has the superior soundstage (the only thing where the Shure is a little ahead is bass speed with fast recordings because of its closed woofer compared to the q-JAYS' back-vented lows driver) and is a little more detailed than the InEar StageDiver SD-2 with the only shortcoming with direct comparison being a somewhat less authentic imaging but quicker, more arid bass, it is a really good deal now for the overall package.

Hey! I geuss in terms of cost its all about priorities! I would and will pay for the Qjays no matter what the cost. The sound,build quality,included accesories,and packaging reflect the thought put into the entire design of this product.
Now after many many hours of burn in, the sound is spectacular. SO $$$ wise its worth it.

May 21, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #262 of 456

The new price is imho now pretty competitive for a double-BA in-ear that has probably one of the most detailed and refined implementations of the TWFK. Considering that it is imho quite noticeably better resolving and detailed than the SE425 and has the superior soundstage (the only thing where the Shure is a little ahead is bass speed with fast recordings because of its closed woofer compared to the q-JAYS' back-vented lows driver) and is a little more detailed than the InEar StageDiver SD-2 with the only shortcoming with direct comparison being a somewhat less authentic imaging but quicker, more arid bass, it is a really good deal now for the overall package.

Hey! I geuss in terms of cost its all about priorities! I would and will pay for the Qjays no matter what the cost. The sound,build quality,included accesories,and packaging reflect the thought put into the entire design of this product.
Now after many many hours of burn in, the sound is spectacular. SO $$$ wise its worth it.

I'm in full agreement with you and it is the total package that is important. 
beerchug.gif

I just initially meant to imply with my post that people might have gotten turned off in the past because of thinking "what the heck, they're 'only' dual BA in-ears and cost $400 but I can get really good triple and quad BA in-ears for the same price". Despite being "just" double-BA in-ears, the sound that is coming out is darn nice and imvho, even the previous price was well justifiable for the pure sound, design and quality.

May 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #263 of 456
I'm in full agreement with you and it is the total package that is important. :beerchug:

I just initially meant to imply with my post that people might have gotten turned off in the past because of thinking "what the heck, they're 'only' dual BA in-ears and cost $400 but I can get really good triple and quad BA in-ears for the same price". Despite being "just" double-BA in-ears, the sound that is coming out is darn nice and imvho, even the previous price was well justifiable for the pure sound, design and quality.

Here's a thing as well? Do those other iem's have an android compatible mic with up/down buttons. From personal experience, I have found that there are far and few between "high quality" iem's that are exclusively android compatible and are only ios compatible. And the previous QJays werent that good in terms of build quality but its refreshing to know the Jays company takes research and design seriously and that is highly reflected in the new version 2 QJAYS. For me the QJAYS are it!!!!

May 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #265 of 456
10% discount on Jays, https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153669256591245&substory_index=0&id=166211831244

May 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #266 of 456
That's what I am saying as well... It's a really nice in-ear with great sound, perfect build and clever accessories.

This is my first go using Comply earbuds with the QJAYS.At first it was hard to insert and was causing a bit of pain during insertion but I figured out how to insert them properly to get the best isolation and they are amazing. The Comply isolation with wax guard is what I've been using from day one with perfect comfort even after long periods of wear.

May 24, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #267 of 456
Had the first version Q-Jays and will receive my new Q-Jays tomorrow. Can't wait to try them! I am looking to replace my Sennheiser momentum in ear so hopefully a big leap up in quality!

May 24, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #268 of 456
Had the first version Q-Jays and will receive my new Q-Jays tomorrow. Can't wait to try them! I am looking to replace my Sennheiser momentum in ear so hopefully a big leap up in quality!

I too had the Sennheiser Momentum in ears as well but eventually the silicone ear tips would no longer stay affixed to the ear piece nozels. So that was a bit disappointing as there are very limited iem's that are android compatible.
You'll really like how smooth the sound character is in comparison.

May 24, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #269 of 456
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone would by any chance be able to compare the Q-Jays to the GR07. I know it's a bit of an older iem but it's the only iem I consider relatively neutral that I own. I've been looking for a neutral iem for a while and these seem to fit the bill very well. Especially considering the recent price drop. Thanks.

May 25, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #270 of 456

I too had the Sennheiser Momentum in ears as well but eventually the silicone ear tips would no longer stay affixed to the ear piece novels. So that was a bit disappointing as there are very limited iem's that are android compatible.
You'll really like how smooth the sound character is in comparison.

Yeah, I'm on my 3rd Momentums and when they break, which they will, I will get a refund. I do have JH13 Pro customs as well and it will be interesting to compare with the q-jays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back