Q Cable Impressions Thread
Nov 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #151 of 555
I will post up listening impressions in a few days. I'm echoing Warrior Ant in his Q Review by stating these are really comfortable, flexible, and light. Very nice looking. More to come!

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #152 of 555
I have about twelve hours on the Silk Q's now.  I will post some pictures tomorrow with the rig.  Again they are super comfortable, flexible and nice looking.  As far as my ears can tell so far the sound is less harsh than the stock cable and I have noticed a bit more detail.  At this point in my rig I wouldn't expect huge sonic jumps with any cable no matter the material or cost.  These are quite nice and I will post more listening impressions as I progress with them.  Right now I've got on Thick as a Brick 24/96 file playback ripped from the new DVDA 40th stereo remix by Steven Wilson.  We got sound-stage here baby!!

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #156 of 555
That is one sweet looking cable Icenine2!!!
Goes together very nicely with the other colors on the components too!!

Congrats!!!!
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #157 of 555
OMG, what an awesome setup!!! Love the red! 
L3000.gif
 Must sound absolutely stunning.
My black Q cable is still waiting for me to order the HE500 (sold my HE400)
Quote:
Here's some pictures of the new RED cable with the rig.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #158 of 555
Quote:
OMG, what an awesome setup!!! Love the red! 
L3000.gif
 Must sound absolutely stunning.
My black Q cable is still waiting for me to order the HE500 (sold my HE400)

Makes me miss my LF. 
frown.gif

Great looking setup (and cable)!

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #159 of 555
It does all sound quite incredible.  Listening to Allman Brothers at Fillmore right now.  I'd really like to get the LCD3's!

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #161 of 555
Very nice sound overall.  Warrior Ant's review a while back summed it up better than I ever could.  Well worth the price!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/q-cables/reviews/5488

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #163 of 555
Quote:
I have about twelve hours on the Silk Q's now.  I will post some pictures tomorrow with the rig.  Again they are super comfortable, flexible and nice looking.  As far as my ears can tell so far the sound is less harsh than the stock cable and I have noticed a bit more detail.  At this point in my rig I wouldn't expect huge sonic jumps with any cable no matter the material or cost.  These are quite nice and I will post more listening impressions as I progress with them.  Right now I've got on Thick as a Brick 24/96 file playback ripped from the new DVDA 40th stereo remix by Steven Wilson.  We got sound-stage here baby!!

I'm sorry, you were found a harshness in LCD-2 headphones with stock cable? 
blink.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #164 of 555
Quote:
I'm sorry, you were found a harshness in LCD-2 headphones with stock cable? 
blink.gif

And that's why I'm not a writer!  No the stock aren't harsh.  I should have just stated the Q's have a smoother sound to them!

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #165 of 555
I just received French Silk Q-cable for my LCD-2 Rev.2 today. I wanted to wait a few days before I wrote my opinion here, but I honestly couldn't wait. I LOVE IT!

It is my first taste of 3rd party cables, and I wasn't sure if there would be a difference from all the anti-cable talk around those forums.

Either way I thought the difference won't be that big anyway. I actually just got it because the stock cable had reached its final breaths.

So I decided to give it my best try, and after extensive research I settled with Q. It seemed to sound the best. It was also generally cheaper than most other cables that I considered.

Communication with Steve was awesome. He answers very quickly,  and answers any stupid questions I have.
He even told me that the adapter I already have is good enough, so he spared me the cash of buying one from him. Quite honest.

So, I got the cables anyway, and they sound beautiful. Add me to the gullible believers' list.
I don't understand how anyone can't hear the difference...it is so obvious! Must be some serious denial going on. 

It certainly is not placebo, because I didn't even particularly want to believe it had an effect...it would be much cheaper in the future if it didn't have an effect!
Besides, I can massage my ego and feel all intelligent and clever that the cable-scam didn't work on me. 
cool.gif

Which is what I'm inclined to anyway, being the conspiracy-theorist I am! 

But of course it made a difference. Not Amp-changing difference ... but quite noticeable to audiophiles or average listeners like myself.

I'm not going to go into hopeless explanations of the sound because, frankly Mr. Shankly, I can''t. But it does feel like the sound was restrained and now it is released. Sorry, that's my best! lol

I just wanted to add my voice here and give some appreciation to the cable and Steve.

If I was creating headphones that I know are good, I would sell them with that cable, so everyone could hear what they REALLY sound like.

Physically, the cable is prettier than I thought it would (or could) be. It is very soft, light and extremely easy to manipulate around ... and it sounds great ... I feel it is very well made, like the music is not held back at all, almost the same exact signal coming out of the amp is reaching the headphones, no loss of quality. So it feels.

I can, honestly, tell that lots of love, labour and knowledge were put into that cable. 

Now, scrolling down on the website .... looking at those interconnects, they look ok, they look nice, they look sexy, enticing ... wonder what difference THOSE would do ... hmmm ... 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back