Q Cable Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #423 of 555

It's been a long road getting my cable, but Steve Eddy made it feel like an adventure every step of the way. It's a bit bittersweet now that my journey has ended. On one end, I got my cable, but on the other end I will miss my conversations with Steve. If you are looking for a fantastically well made cable, I cannot give any more praise to Steve and his craftsmanship. 

It is difficult to describe Steve Eddy's unique personality. But if I were to give an example, just give him a call. Before you even have a chance to say a word, he will begin the conversation with a "how do you do?"

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #424 of 555
Thank you for the kind words, kphfrail. Yeah, it was a bit of an adventure, wasn't it? But it was a fun trip and I enjoyed our conversations as well. I'm glad you're happy with your cable!

And now I finally know why you wanted blue. Those HD-800s are absolutely gorgeous!

se

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #426 of 555
What a badass cable, kphfrail. Nice work slacker, er, Steve. 
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #429 of 555

It's been a long road getting my cable, but Steve Eddy made it feel like an adventure every step of the way. It's a bit bittersweet now that my journey has ended. On one end, I got my cable, but on the other end I will miss my conversations with Steve. If you are looking for a fantastically well made cable, I cannot give any more praise to Steve and his craftsmanship. 

It is difficult to describe Steve Eddy's unique personality. But if I were to give an example, just give him a call. Before you even have a chance to say a word, he will begin the conversation with a "how do you do?"

That's easy!  Just respond with "How do I do what?" 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS - I really like the Blue!

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #431 of 555
So I finally received my cable 3 days ago and had some time to use it and gather impressions.
First of all I would like to commend Steve on his wonderful service and great sense of humor throughout the ordering and shipping process!
Repeating what everyone had already said, the build quality and ergonomics of this cable are top-notch. It's ultra light, rests in any shape you want it to and has practically zero microphonics.

As for the sound. I previously used the stock cable and that's the only cable I had ever tried. I have the LCD-3fs and they're connected to a Burson Soloist and a Schiit Modi DAC (yet to be replaced). The interconnect between the DAC and the amp is a VDH The Tide. I don't use any special power cords or USB cables.
Let me start by saying that the differences are subtle. However, they exist. 
I think I can sum up the difference between the Q and the stock cable by saying that the Q smooths out the edges. Treble-heavy tracks are easier to listen to than with the stock cable. Also, tracks with a low DR rating (6 and lower) that are too harsh with the stock cable are more bearable with the Q. This difference to my ears can also have a downside with my current setup. In some tracks I get the feeling that I'm losing some micro-detail, spatial queues and overall slam. But once again, the differences are very subtle. They're hard to notice even when A-Bing (although A-Bing is hard to accomplish with the time it takes to switch the cables). I haven't detected any differences in soundstage width or depth.

My 2 cents.
Now off to some more listening :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #433 of 555
Wow time to think about another cable I think! I do have other gear! Anybody else going to think about one?

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #435 of 555
Great blue.  Just ordered my cables.  What color number is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back