Q Cable Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #376 of 555
Forget the cables. I want to see his Pioneer Spec system. Can't tell you how much I drooled over those components back when I was a teenager.
biggrin.gif

se

They had electronics when you were a teenager!?! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #378 of 555
Forget the cables. I want to see his Pioneer Spec system. Can't tell you how much I drooled over those components back when I was a teenager. :D

se

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #380 of 555
Mar 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #381 of 555
Thanks Steve for the great cable.  Just got my red Q cable for my LCD-X's.  Sounds great and the workmanship is top notch.  Red Q + black LCD-X = Beautiful!  I am shocked how much easier the ergonomics of the Q compared to the stock cable.  Now I need to figure out the length I need to comfortably sit my arse on the coach and use the LCD-X with my home theater setup.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #382 of 555
Got any pictures? Sounds like you need to break out the measuring tape!

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #383 of 555
  Thanks Steve for the great cable.  Just got my red Q cable for my LCD-X's.  Sounds great and the workmanship is top notch.  Red Q + black LCD-X = Beautiful!  I am shocked how much easier the ergonomics of the Q compared to the stock cable.  Now I need to figure out the length I need to comfortably sit my arse on the coach and use the LCD-X with my home theater setup.

Yes please send us some pictures.  I have RED and love how they look.  X2 on the ergonomics of the cable.  Just easy to move with them.

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #385 of 555
Q cables are always my favorite cable for HPs.

Steve, Thank you for everything you have done!!!

Pal

Wow thats funky, what kind of thread is that?! That would go great with some custom painted HD-800's.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #386 of 555
You're quite welcome, Pal!

Goldendarko, the thread is silk. But the whole idea of making something like that goes back to when we were using cotton.

I got it in my head one day to make the ugliest cable I could. The idea I originally had in mind was that foam carpet padding. You know the stuff that's made of pieces of different colored chunks of foam? So just for Schiits and giggles, I called up our braiders, told them to grab 16 different colors of thread at random, throw it on the braiding machine at random and braid me up about 50 feet of it.

However when it arrived, I found that it really didn't look so bad. Looked rather nice in an odd sort of way. Anyway, I posted a photo of it somewhere (or maybe someone posted a photo of it they'd got from me, I don't remember) and the next thing I know, I get an email from Pal here asking me if I would make him a cable out of it. I never expected such a thing but he was serious. So I made him a cable with it.

Fast forward to a month or two ago or so and I get an email form Pal. He said there was some litz wire poking out of his cable and could I fix it for him (this is a problem we'd experienced occasionally with the cotton braid and the smaller litz wire). The litz was poking out at the Y split and didn't lend itself to an easy fix. I decide I'd send him a warranty replacement, however I didn't have any more of that braid and I didn't want to do another one in cotton as I didn't want the same problem to occur. So I matched the colors used for the cotton cable as closely as I could to the silk thread and made him a silk replacement.

se

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #387 of 555
Steve, your failure to make an ugly cable has turned into an incredibly unique cable for Pal :)

The detail in the close-up picture looks incredible, I think it would go great with some custom painted headphones from ColorWare.

May 19, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #390 of 555
just chiming in that I am a new and proud owner of these cables. went with black to match my setup.

never had a fancy cable before and went with q-audio cause theyre light and good looking. earrings are smaller than I expected and don't cause issues.

I'm very thankful for Steve's flexibility and patiences with all my questions. would recommend to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back