Q Cable Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #541 of 555
I am on the side that cable don't necessary improve the sound, but alters it to what one prefers.

I got the cable and here is a short review on LCD 2 /without fazor and LCD X.

On stock cable, the LCD 2 always was missing just a little bit of imaging, muddy bass, and overall clarity. Because of this the LCD 2 always had a very intimate feel to them because of their graininess. The cable change the way they sound and brought their performance closer to that of LCD X. If you like the classic sound of the LCD, I wouldn't change the cable, but if you want just a bit more of what the new driver have a cable change is highly recommended.

For the LCD X, on stock cables they sound like good monitor speakers. They have very punch lows and highs, you can identify where everything is, great imaging, but overall wasn't very musical because the instruments don't really blend when it is that punchy (think stax). Others put very high value on this separation, because it makes for great imaging, 3D sound, and live music feel. The cable warmed them up quite a bit. The punchlines is significantly reduced and they sound closer to a LCD 2/3, instruments blend together, with accuracy reduced. If you want to keep the sound of the LCD X or enhance it characteristics, I would not recommend this cable, because moves them closer to the main LCD sound.

Overall with effect of Q Cables on the LCD series, the changes don't require any A/B which is rare in the audio world, the notice are pretty noticeable right away.

For me the Q Audio cable did what I want, and it is a great cable from the simplicity, craftsmanship, and design cause getting a hold of 44 gauge litz wire is not easy. 

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #542 of 555
  I am on the side that cable don't necessary improve the sound, but alters it to what one prefers.

I got the cable and here is a short review on LCD 2 /without fazor and LCD X.

On stock cable, the LCD 2 always was missing just a little bit of imaging, muddy bass, and overall clarity. Because of this the LCD 2 always had a very intimate feel to them because of their graininess. The cable change the way they sound and brought their performance closer to that of LCD X. If you like the classic sound of the LCD, I wouldn't change the cable, but if you want just a bit more of what the new driver have a cable change is highly recommended.

For the LCD X, on stock cables they sound like good monitor speakers. They have very punch lows and highs, you can identify where everything is, great imaging, but overall wasn't very musical because the instruments don't really blend when it is that punchy (think stax). Others put very high value on this separation, because it makes for great imaging, 3D sound, and live music feel. The cable warmed them up quite a bit. The punchlines is significantly reduced and they sound closer to a LCD 2/3, instruments blend together, with accuracy reduced. If you want to keep the sound of the LCD X or enhance it characteristics, I would not recommend this cable, because moves them closer to the main LCD sound.

Overall with effect of Q Cables on the LCD series, the changes don't require any A/B which is rare in the audio world, the notice are pretty noticeable right away.

For me the Q Audio cable did what I want, and it is a great cable from the simplicity, craftsmanship, and design cause getting a hold of 44 gauge litz wire is not easy. 

Sorry for the late response, but thank you for the kind words and great review. :D
If you don't mind, I'll be taking a snippet from your post and put it on the Q website for others to see. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #543 of 555
I purchased some Q Cables for my Audeze LCD-2's. Honestly I was skeptical about how much of a difference it would make. My headphones are being driven by a Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies. I was quite literally stunned at the difference. To put it simply they took my whole listening rig up several notches I didn't think existed.

The soundstage opened up considerably and on certain recordings the spacing between elements is super improved. Not to mention the clarity and warmth is noticeably better. I honestly thought I was hallucinating at first. I was fatiguing much faster on the stock cables and now I just want to listen for hours. 

The only drawback is now I am obsessing over aftermarket cables that I think I "need" for my other gear. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #544 of 555
Just thought I'd add a pic of a new Q Cable Brian made for me recently. Craftsmanship as usual is outstanding. I have a pair of V-Moda Crossfade Wireless (1st Gen) and Master & Dynamic MH-40's that I use at work and in transit. I usually run them off a Audioquest Dragonfly Red. Cable looks fantastic, I got black with gold trace and one Terrazzo end and one deep socket 3.5 mm. The sound is noticeably improved (with right playback/file formats even better) and it's super soft and durable. Couldn't be happier.

Apr 6, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #545 of 555
I'm using my q-cable at work, attached to my LCD-XC. People come up and say 'hey, awesome looking headphones' and almost always touch the cable. The XCs is an already luxurious looking headphone, but I know it's the q-cable French Silk that really tops it off for them!

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #546 of 555
My Q Cables 1/4th plug cracked so I tried to contact Brian at BTG for repair. After sending him emails over 3 weeks he finally responded back to ship it to him to replace the plug & i duly shipped them. They reached on 30th sept & there was no one to receive them, hence USPS left a notice to pick it up from the post office. I have sent numerous mails to Brian following up but there hasn't been any response. This is the worst customer service I have ever come across. I would caution anyone against buying anything from BTG / Q Cables.

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #547 of 555
My Q Cables 1/4th plug cracked so I tried to contact Brian at BTG for repair. After sending him emails over 3 weeks he finally responded back to ship it to him to replace the plug & i duly shipped them. They reached on 30th sept & there was no one to receive them, hence USPS left a notice to pick it up from the post office. I have sent numerous mails to Brian following up but there hasn't been any response. This is the worst customer service I have ever come across. I would caution anyone against buying anything from BTG / Q Cables.

Sorry to hear that. What worries me is that a 1/4 plug cracked - Was this one of those wooden coloured plugs? Thats probably why good cable makers only use eidolic or neutrik connectors.

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #548 of 555
Pic of the cracked plug

20170907_085733.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #549 of 555
Placed my order with Brian a week-ish ago, after inquiring about his whereabouts, my order is shipping tomorrow.

I've inquired about why he seems to be neglecting the forum and it seems his answer is he's too busy.

So perhaps all is not lost, although I am sure it doesn't make those who are pissed any happier regardless.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #551 of 555
I own two q-cables, one for my Sennheiser HD-800S and one for my Sony Z1R. For the latter, I can not identify any sonic difference to the highly regarded Kimber cable which I also frequently use. But I can say that the q-cable looks great and feels 1000x better than the Kimber one.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #554 of 555
I just found about Q-Cable, looking forward to seen how it will pair with IER-Z1R.

Unfortunately, I at the moment can not recommend q-cable at all. Brian did not return my cable I sent him for modification for months, and does not reply to any emails. Check Btg audio on Facebook as well. Until he replies/returns the cable, I can only advise people to be cautious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back