Q 701 - pulling apart - HELP ME :(
Jun 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Azpet

New Head-Fier
Hello, ive recently stumbled across this site and have spent hours apon hours on it since i have. Kudo's to everyone on it. Im well inspired to get involved

I am a dj and a producer, currently doing a bachelor of audio engineering.

but all in all noob to Audiophile.

Well, i recently purchased a pair of q701 - simply (and VVVVV. stupidly) because i thought they were sex in box.
like, my god i think they are gorgoues. 

24 hours after arrival. I broke them. Not even kidding, i ****ing broke them. Words cannot describe the rage that was flowing through my body

how i did this was the detachable cord has a press in button (i dunno if its just mine or not, but the button was INCREDIBLY hard to push in, like it was a fair struggle to get the cord to detach) so i pulled on it thinking the button was pressed in (idiot) and it snapped all 3 wires from the part there soldered too. Like the cradle that holds the cord that (is ment to) dettach was still on the end of the cord.

So ive taken it to a few places to get it resoldered, like it looks easy enough to fix IMO, but no one wants to touch it because it no one can get them open, like i need to pull the head phone apart. The head phone swivels, thats the part i need to get off.

DOES ANYONE NO ANY INFORMATION, OR ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD HELP ME :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 11
Apr 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 11
I stood on my Q701 green cable and ripped the cable socket out of the headphones completely - three little wires just haning there.  Now ok thats my fault but I wish it was an easier release on the cable jacket to avoid this - anyway - thanks to this thread - Im back up and running - wiring for the Q701 is 1 white, 2 red, 3 yellow - numbers are on the female plug in to - 2 is opposite the click.

thanks all !

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
I stood on my Q701 green cable and ripped the cable socket out of the headphones completely - three little wires just haning there.  Now ok thats my fault but I wish it was an easier release on the cable jacket to avoid this - anyway - thanks to this thread - Im back up and running - wiring for the Q701 is 1 white, 2 red, 3 yellow - numbers are on the female plug in to - 2 is opposite the click.

thanks all !

Does Q have a different plug release than K702?  I mean I know they wire it backward to put the cable on the opposite side, but other than that I thought it was the same release.  It may be a little stiff to depress the button....but how does one rip out the plug if you're pulling on the jack? 
blink.gif
I'm guessing there must be something different about the Q's that I'm not aware of.  Is the actual jack recessed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back