PX200 II thread.
Oct 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #16 of 53
Ah...my first headphone purchase,  the original PX 200 ...back when I was in high school...it was expensive for me then!

Good for the price, natural sound in the Sennheiser sort of way, lasted me long enough till they broke down last year. Replaced them with the HD239.

For me it was the stepping stone into the audiophile world. Fond memories.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #17 of 53
I love these little firecrackers. For portable use they are great. I travel heaps by plane and it is just great to fold them away in a hearth beat. The sound is great too although they do not isolate that well but that is expected I like the PX200 so much that I am planning to recable mine.

Of all the headphones I own / owned these are the go to guys and the work horse of the family.... although my Heir EIM's are now closing in:)

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 53
I've gone back and forth on which headphones are my normal use ones...but I've settled, once more, on the PX 200 II's. I even had them repaired after they shorted out with a voided warranty...!  They still work and are going on a couple of years now, and the sound is great!

My original PX 200s are currently without a plug, and they will get repaired soon too...then I can go back to using both just to see what the differences are!

The only real competitor for me as for a normal use phone has been the Koss Porta Pro or my original PX 100s.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #19 of 53
These bad boys are just under $60 now on amazon.

Get them while the going is good!

Also, even though I recently got the ATH SJ11's and thought them superior the PX 200 II's, I still can't really get over the sound signature of the PX 200 II's...right now, I'm using them. My particular pair is going on two years old now, still going strong (had to replace the plug on them though).

More of you talk about these!

May 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #21 of 53
swaffleman: I don't know much about headphones (or hifi in general) but I am looking for some quality headphones which I can use while I'm on the move and that can play loud even from small, portable players. I figured I would be best off with a pair of headphones with as low impedance as possible but then I found a review you wrote for another pair of headphones in which you compared them to the PX 200 which you said were much louder. However, the PX 200 is listed as having an impedance of 32 ohm whichnis the same as a pair of crap headphones that I bought which were hardly audible when I used them with my MP3-player. How can they be so much louder than 16 ohm headphones? Also, if I am looking for as loud sound as possible, would you recommend the PX 200 or are there even louder headphones? Than's in advance!

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #22 of 53
My older version PX200 have been in the closet for a year as the pads broke. Just got my new pads from Senheiser and plugged them into my national-solo-r -IPC. It sounds amazing!

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #23 of 53
Quote:
These bad boys are just under $60 now on amazon.

Get them while the going is good!

Also, even though I recently got the ATH SJ11's and thought them superior the PX 200 II's, I still can't really get over the sound signature of the PX 200 II's...right now, I'm using them. My particular pair is going on two years old now, still going strong (had to replace the plug on them though).

More of you talk about these!

Thanks for hinting. Went straight forward to re-grab these px 200's again. I had them a good couple months ago. After reading this appreciation thread i started recalling some great memories and experiences with this sennheiser model. $60 usd is pretty much a gift!

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #25 of 53
anyone know how well these isolate? i'm thinking of using them on a noisy school bus that plays music through its speakers and i need to know.
also i need to know how long these last and if they have a durable build.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #26 of 53
As great as these headphones are, the isolation is OK but not fantastic, as for durability I've never had a problem but my girlfriend broke two pairs, if you're heavy handed then maybe they're not for you...

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #27 of 53
1) so, none of you experienced durability problems ? 

2) soundwise, comparing them to the akg k450's what someone would say ? ( after burning in, cause primarily the akg's from what i 've read they aren't so good but after some usage they can be compared to the px200II's ) 

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #28 of 53
The cable right above the plug breached on me. Twice. Always good service from Sennheiser support though, received a full replacement each time. But it doesn't score high on the durability list.

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #29 of 53
Just to add, I find it a good sounding headphone for the money, although it's a but fiddly to place correctly on your head. Comfort wise, but also sound wise. Sound changes a fair bit, depending on where you shift it.

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #30 of 53
Can the PX 200 II EarPods be replaced with velour or other soft cloth in place of the "plether" pads? I have the 200's on order and I have the 100's now. I will post something when I can compare them.

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back