PX100s better than E500s???
Aug 29, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 40
Digitalbath3737, I share your same feelings.

I tried the Shure SE310, and SE530, and thought they both really sucked, bad (Please read: Not my cup of tea). Great isolation which is nice on airplanes, but they just sound so awful...

Yea, I would reach for my PX100 over the SE530, since the PX100 are more fun; fun being what I want in a portable headphone/earphone.
It's sad when a 30$ headphone is more fun than a 450$ headphone.

Anyways, needless to say, the PX100 are still my portable headphones, and I will use the HD25-1 II for times when I need portability and isolation.

Saved myself a lot of money to boot, and have the sound sig that I'm looking for.
^_^

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha,
funny how my e500s sound better to my ears than my HD650's.
It's the total opposite.

Thats probably because your h650 is underamped

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats probably because your h650 is underamped

Naw, you just have to face it... shiezan likes his E500 better. And that's perfectly fine.

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talking about Yuins, my wife threw mine away. She thought my PK1 was an el cheapo $5 earphone and it was a bunched up mess on the floor next to my wastebasket at home, the thought I wanted to throw them away. I came back and found it gone, trash was collected by the garbage company. Sigh!!

It costed me $150 here.

Wow, sorry to hear that. They do look cheap...I guess that's what you get for not telling her you spent $150 on earbuds
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiezan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha,
funny how my e500s sound better to my ears than my HD650's.
It's the total opposite.

it is just bananas how everyones sound perception is so different,the e500 are my number one iem theres no doubt about it,but it really is suprising how cheaper earphones perform sometimes i mean damn the ibuds are nothing close to my e500 at sll but lets face it they produce all frequencies and thats a start...its a shame about the quality of the frequencies
tongue.gif
but it does it,the px100 are decent but nothing stands out as special

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Digitalbath3737, I share your same feelings.

I tried the Shure SE310, and SE530, and thought they both really sucked, bad (Please read: Not my cup of tea). Great isolation which is nice on airplanes, but they just sound so awful...

Yea, I would reach for my PX100 over the SE530, since the PX100 are more fun; fun being what I want in a portable headphone/earphone.
It's sad when a 30$ headphone is more fun than a 450$ headphone.

Anyways, needless to say, the PX100 are still my portable headphones, and I will use the HD25-1 II for times when I need portability and isolation.

Saved myself a lot of money to boot, and have the sound sig that I'm looking for.
^_^

Yes someone who understands!
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, sorry to hear that. They do look cheap...I guess that's what you get for not telling her you spent $150 on earbuds
tongue.gif

I would be killed if she knows how much all the gear costs. I would see this coming :

"WHAT!!! The piece of crap I threw away costs $150? You don't even spend so much on gifts to me! yadda yadda yadda... you get the drift" I'd probably start getting questioned on the HD650 and DT880s I have. These look nicer, are they $1500 since that piece of crap costs $150?"

LOL

rs1smile.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is just bananas how everyones sound perception is so different,the e500 are my number one iem theres no doubt about it,but it really is suprising how cheaper earphones perform sometimes i mean damn the ibuds are nothing close to my e500 at sll but lets face it they produce all frequencies and thats a start...its a shame about the quality of the frequencies
tongue.gif
but it does it,the px100 are decent but nothing stands out as special

Well.. music as usual is very subjective. I just wished I never discovered this site! My damage is rapidly going up! I am sick! Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back