PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Jun 25, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #586 of 734
  i have had about 30 pairs as they break

30 pairs you say, huh... Just several pages back I was getting some heat from folks who thought I was unreasonable saying the PX 100 ii's are designed to break.

This little thing ended up costing you well over a grand, it looks like. 

Sennheiser made a great portable headphone and made it so fragile it breaks with light use. I sent them an email about it long ago. No response. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #587 of 734
PX100IIi works best for me. Good sound quality. Comfortable and light for long listening. Some open ambient is convenient. Certified iPhone controls, and that's my usual source. I use others (Shure SRH145m+) but there aren't many (any?) direct alternates.

It's clear from MorrisL and others that the frame may be delicate, and that is not likely to change. But it is a great headphone, so careful + spares.

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #588 of 734
I wonder why Katun dethroned the PX 100 ii on his profile, replacing it with the Audio Technica R70x.

If he's reading this, maybe he can comment on it. How much are these new Audio Technicas an improvement on the PX 100 ii?

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #589 of 734
Old thread, but the PX100 1st generation was the first headphone I bought after joining this site many years ago.

I haven't owned one for about as long (I had it for a few months then traded it for a Grado SR-60) but I have an urge to try these again.

do the PX100 II's  sound much different from the originals? benefit well from good amp/dac?

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #591 of 734
  Old thread, but the PX100 1st generation was the first headphone I bought after joining this site many years ago.

I haven't owned one for about as long (I had it for a few months then traded it for a Grado SR-60) but I have an urge to try these again.

do the PX100 II's  sound much different from the originals? benefit well from good amp/dac?

ive had lots of these mate and cant tell the difference between old & new-ive never amped them though

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #592 of 734
  Anyone notice a rattling in their left driver? I've been hearing it on a lot of bassy songs lately. Thinking about sending them in for warranty.

had about 30 of these m8-i listen on high volume and i have never noticed any problems-they do break though
blink.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #594 of 734
Before I got into higher end headphones, I was very impressed with my modded Koss Porta Pros. Now time has passed and I have used many more expensive phones since then, haven't really touched Porta Pros anymore. Last weekend got an urge to buy some easily portable headphones once again and found about PX-100 IIs which were compared to Porta Pros on many aspects. I have listened HD650 lately and was curious about PX-100 because of that. Yesterday I went to buy PX-100 II from local store. First impressions are quite great, such lovely signature. Looking forward to try HD414 pads on them.

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #595 of 734
  Before I got into higher end headphones, I was very impressed with my modded Koss Porta Pros. Now time has passed and I have used many more expensive phones since then, haven't really touched Porta Pros anymore. Last weekend got an urge to buy some easily portable headphones once again and found about PX-100 IIs which were compared to Porta Pros on many aspects. I have listened HD650 lately and was curious about PX-100 because of that. Yesterday I went to buy PX-100 II from local store. First impressions are quite great, such lovely signature. Looking forward to try HD414 pads on them.

If you get a chance, let us know how you feel they compare to your Porta Pros.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #596 of 734

If you get a chance, let us know how you feel they compare to your Porta Pros.

My modded Porta Pros features grill mod and around ear-pads so they sound very open and nice, as far I remember. It's been a long time since I listened them though. Later on I used ksc75 drivers on Porta Pro headband and pad mod setup because I preferred ksc75 sound back then. Ksc75 are also grill modded. Last time I used Porta Pro ksc75 hybrid was when I was stuck in a hospital for a full week and didn't want to bring my better phones there. Sound was too bright for my present more experienced ears, and I had to EQ treble down a bit. I believe Porta Pro drivers would be now what I'd prefer over ksc75, at least on my modded setup. I don't have access to them before next weekend, but it'll be fun to listen them again and will do some comparing with PX-100 then. But seriously, PX-100 II are great, I compared them to HD650 yesterday very quickly, and I don't wonder if some prefer PX-100 II over HD650. PX 100 II doesn't seem to have certain veil that HD650 has, at least on my setup.

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #597 of 734
  My modded Porta Pros features grill mod and around ear-pads so they sound very open and nice, as far I remember. It's been a long time since I listened them though. Later on I used ksc75 drivers on Porta Pro headband and pad mod setup because I preferred ksc75 sound back then. Ksc75 are also grill modded. Last time I used Porta Pro ksc75 hybrid was when I was stuck in a hospital for a full week and didn't want to bring my better phones there. Sound was too bright for my present more experienced ears, and I had to EQ treble down a bit. I believe Porta Pro drivers would be now what I'd prefer over ksc75, at least on my modded setup. I don't have access to them before next weekend, but it'll be fun to listen them again and will do some comparing with PX-100 then. But seriously, PX-100 II are great, I compared them to HD650 yesterday very quickly, and I don't wonder if some prefer PX-100 II over HD650. PX 100 II doesn't seem to have certain veil that HD650 has, at least on my setup.

What amp are you driving the HD 650 with?

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #599 of 734

interesting 

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #600 of 734
I bought px10p0 in um.... 2005? Not sure if therechanged since then.

First post here was asking px100 vs portapro and everyone answering "grado sr60) LOL those were the days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back