PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Dec 8, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #526 of 734
  That's odd since even for on-ears I find the PX100/200 series to be one of the lesser clamping ones. If you can't get along with the amount of clamp for these I think it's likely that on-ears are just not for you, I can't think of any other decent mini on-ears that would be less clamping. Not much way around it since bending the headband would be way too risky with plastic involved/cables being routed through the headband.

Ha...I wonder what he would think if he tried the DT1350.

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #528 of 734

Ha...I wonder what he would think if he tried the DT1350.

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #529 of 734

tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #530 of 734
Dec 29, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #531 of 734
New member here. Of all the phones that i've tried, these are my favourite! I use them almost exclusively through a Sansa Clip+ running Rockbox and usually on the jazz preset. I love almost everything about this setup. I enjoy that darker Sennheiser signature, the portability, and the comfort. My only negatives would be about isolation and leakage. However, these are not of super importance to me, and are issues that, to be 'fixed,' would have to suffer on portability and comfort, I think. These issues have only been detrimental once, and that was when I tried using these on a plane. (I didn't think before taking them)

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #532 of 734
The headband bends very well and I don't fear it snapping if you bend it right. I have mine very loose if I'm wearing them stationary for long periods and re-bend them back tighter if I'm on the move. If you put your thumbs on the L and R on either side, you can easily bend the entire headphone completely flat! Mines been bent, re-bend, bent again for years and years and I'm still on my first pair.

DT1350 >> PX100

The DT1350 was one of the most disappointing on-ear headphones I've tried IMO. Not to mention, terrible comfort and a pain to get a proper/even seal.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #533 of 734
pardon me i've brought up an old thread but i picked a set of thes px100II on sale for $26 at a local bookstore of all places. after a day of burn-in, i can safely say im shocked! to my ears, these px100II are game changers!!!

driven by a hidizs ap100 dap lineout to a cayin c5 portable amp, a direct comparo to the philips fidelio x2 (my open price2value reference) & the ultrasone signature pro (closed reference), both with aftermarket recables, shows both to be superior with the x2 having a bigger expansive headstage, a deeper tighter bass & more detailed extended highs. the ultrasone sig pros ofcos are less expansive in soundstage due to it being a closed can but both are definitively more refined & resolving.

however, the px100II's only lag ever so slightly behind either. its scarily close enough for me to make me wonder thats it not a matter of worse but just a different iteration of a very balanced & emminently musical sound. to be totally honest, i wasnt disappointed when i switch btwn all of them & if i had to, i can live with px100II as my sole set of cans. more importantly, the px100II's beats the above mentioned driven only via my lg flex2 phone 
thread-surprised-16.png

fwiw, the philips x2 lists for usd$299 & the ultrasone sig pro are usd$1200. neither are multiples nor magnitudes better than the px100II. instead if anything its mere fractions making the px100IIs a giant slayer. 

im gonna go pickup another pair later this evening if there's any left 

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #534 of 734
Try them with the ipod first gen shuffle if you can.Shuffle 1st gen is very loud.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #535 of 734
thats another feature 
  Try them with the ipod first gen shuffle if you can.Shuffle 1st gen is very loud.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats another feature which endears this px100II to me. everything i have drives this senn to ear poppin levels which is not something i can say for alot of the so called "portable" cans. its not just loud but good
happy_face1.gif

infact i tried the px100II out of my nvidia shield tv remote's headout & movies sound very good (& loud) as well. sure i lose the 5.1 effects but hey its a 2 channel headphone afterall.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #536 of 734
thought i'd do an update after a few days of fullon cookin thru a clip+ at max level using edm. came home 1/2hr ago & plug it in for a listen & .........WOWWWW! its like the skies brightened up after a dark thunderstorm! while the initial impression was the px100II's a tad dark & not as opened up top, that's now changed. treble's detailed &sparkly while soundstage has opened up even more. to my ears, it is in no way dark or warm or syrupy.

a quick AB with the philips X2 still shows the X2 having the upper hand with a deeper tighter meatier bottom & an ever so slight extended refined upper treble but thats it! right now, the unimposing px100II is like the X2's little brother but no so little that its blown away. 

anyone serious about portable sound should pick up a pair of these px100II. much as its older & much more expensive sibling the HD600 has been THE REFERENCE for open headphones, its my opinion that the humble px100II is THE REFERENCE for portable open headphones. at the price i paid (or even at its regular $60 or so) its not just a bargain but a gift.

the op's opinion of calling these a hd625 isnt not just not far out but closer to factual than i'd like to admit. & i did pick up another pair 
tongue.gif
 but i think i mite even pick up the last pair if its still there! dont mean to be a hoarder but these px100II's are that good!

ignore these px100II at your own peril. fwiw im not affilated to sennheiser the company in any way shape or form. if i was, i'd peddle their more expensive stuff 
wink_face.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #537 of 734
+1 Wait until you hear them with HD 414 pads.

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #538 of 734
I just bought a second pair. My first pair has the straight plug, and my new pair has the angled plug. I thought it was strange at first, but I found a thread on here which mentioned this before. I've also checked the verification of each and carefully inspected them. Both are legitimate.

Ordered the first (straight plug) pair from a vendor on Canadian Amazon, and the second (right angle) from Amazon Canada itself.

I do hope that I can get the first pair repaired under warranty. I didn't feel like there was any misuse or abuse, but one of the channels went dead at the jack plug end. I've heard good things about Sennheiser's warranty, so I remain optimistic.

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #539 of 734
I just bought a second pair. My first pair has the straight plug, and my new pair has the angled plug. I thought it was strange at first, but I found a thread on here which mentioned this before. I've also checked the verification of each and carefully inspected them. Both are legitimate.

Ordered the first (straight plug) pair from a vendor on Canadian Amazon, and the second (right angle) from Amazon Canada itself.

I do hope that I can get the first pair repaired under warranty. I didn't feel like there was any misuse or abuse, but one of the channels went dead at the jack plug end. I've heard good things about Sennheiser's warranty, so I remain optimistic.

I have taken numerous pairs back to the shop where i bought them(currys)One of the ears always goes off within 1yr.I just exchange them.Terrible build quality but amazing phones.c'est la vie.
My son and daughter also have the sens and love them.They have i phones and cant go back to the white buds now.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #540 of 734
Several pages back, I complained about the build quality of PX 100 ii. I feared the wiring was so fragile they wouldn't last...

Last night I was home on my laptop listening to some music and browsing.... Phone rings, I gently turn away to pick it up, forgetting I'm wearing headphones, right driver goes dead... Has anyone seen the wiring on the uniformly hated (on head fi) $15 Sony MDR v150? They're built to last. They won't snap and break with a gentle or even a forceful move. Why not these Sennheiser's?

The build quality on PX 100 ii isn't just poor. It is actually made as if it were a disposable headphone. Sennheiser needs to apologize and fix it on a new release. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back