PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #76 of 734
OK well, I have them as well, and although I think they are good, we will have to agree to disagree about the level of greatness that you are bestowing upon them. Sorry.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #77 of 734
Quote:
OK well, I have them as well, and although I think they are good, we will have to agree to disagree about the level of greatness that you are bestowing upon them. Sorry.

never mind... everyone has different taste.. but i can assure u... there is something about them (3-4 hrs of music a day for 1 year i.e 1000hrs for music still i am not bored) whereas my hd598 and hd700 r not intresting at all after a month of use.
i got hd800 on christmas they r consuming lot of my time nowadays.(still i hv time for my px100 ii)

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #78 of 734
Quote:
never mind... everyone has different taste.. but i can assure u... there is something about them (3-4 hrs of music a day for 1 year i.e 1000hrs for music still i am not bored) whereas my hd598 and hd700 r not intresting at all after a month of use.
i got hd800 on christmas they r consuming lot of my time nowadays.(still i hv time for my px100 ii)

May I ask what source and amp you are using for your hd700/hd800?

My px100 are just fine and I'm glad you like yours, but my higher end cans driven by a decent source and amp are soooo much better to my ears.
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #81 of 734
Quote:

Not sure why I'd waste my time writing a fake review.

Katun, I misunderstood what was going on when I made my comment further up. It was not directed at your post, although it looked that way. Therefore, I am deleting it. Sorry about that.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #83 of 734
The good thing about the recent activity in this thread is that got me to throw on the px100II's again (it's been a while). Lately I haven't been doing any EQ'ing, so that's how I am listening to them now. And yup, they still sound great. I mean, the bass can be a bit boomy at times, and there is a mid-bass hump, and the mids/treble don't have an incredible amount of detail/resolution. But, that doesn't stop them from sounding very enjoyable. Quite a different sound than all of my other headphones, so it's nice change.

Btw, if anyone is interested in similarly priced headphones that imo are pretty incredible, check out the jvc s500's.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #85 of 734
i tested all my cans against px100 ii again today.
genre;- metal, heavy metal(slipknot,dream theater,ac/dc etc.
hps:- hd800,hd700,hd598,hd600 paired with my e9k amp. px100 ii with fiio e7 on my laptop.
PX100II VS HD598
after listening about 40 songs on both i am writing this review, hd598 sounded spacious where as px100ii sounded lively and warmer than hd598, highs were better on hd598 where as mids and lows were better on px100ii. px100ii was warmer, darker than hd598. clarity on hd598 was good but was not fun to hear in comparison. on some bass heavy songs px100ii were muddy without my fiio e7. so i hard to stretch them a little bit to get spacious sound. i would say i dont want my hd598 anymore.
px100ii vs hd600
i dont know but they both sounded almost similar, soundstage was almost similar(i think i am using bad amp with my hd series..:confused_face_2:). i expected so much from hd600 and mids were better defined on px100 ii than on hd600. thumping lows on px100ii.. tight bass on hd600. px100ii was much more fun in comparison. i get concert type feel on my px100ii, hd600 is fun with classical songs so they r here to stay with me..
px100 ii r better than both till now..
hd700 vs px100ii
i felt hd700 was warmer than every headphone i hv ever listened to. so better than px100ii too. puncy bass with hd700 i would say, px100ii hv a thumping bass. soundstage is better than px100ii.. freq spectrum with px100ii was higher.. mids sounded a little better with px100ii.overall px100ii are my portable sets to listen to metal with almost same fun and soundstage.. but with classical music px100ii and hd800 sound better than hd700 and hd598.so hd700 is here to stay as they r v good with rock and metal and hiphop too :p.
hd800 vs px100ii
hd800 r most detailed headphones i hv ever listened to... so i could easily differentiate b/w every instrument... here hd700 and px100i lacks a bit.. hd800 is bit bass light so they were not fun against hd700 and px100 ii... they r here to stay as classical and jazz.. sound soo soothing. this is a headphone which is ultimate tool for anything not bassy..
i would add i never found the sound of px100ii harsh @ full volume.. i cant hear hd800 or hd598 at high volume.. hd700 does a good job.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #86 of 734
Quote:
as far as i remember hd238 are for bassheads.

They are?  I wouldn't necessarily say that, though I would agree about the mids being a little dull and lifeless.  I actually enjoy my HD 238 for what it is, so it'll be interesting to put the two side-by-side later.

Quote:
BUY IT AND FELL THE BEST HEADPHONE AROUND IN THE MARKET.

lol, that what Katun's been saying for a while now.  I'm sure I'll be picking one up someday (most like sooner rather than later).  Then I'll know what he's been on about all this time.

Quote:
I still don't understand is the OP joking or not? 

Katun NEVER jokes about the PX 100-II. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #87 of 734
My opinion:

The PX-100 ii are excellent 'phones for the $$

I actually prefer them to my much more expensive AT-ESW10-JPs.

But not as good as either Q701 or DT880/600 Ohm.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #89 of 734
One of my very first headphones was the PX100, which was eventually gifted. Years later, I came back around and purchased the PX100-ii. 

When I had the PX100, I brought it out to a meet and it was such a huge hit that two (maybe three) other people went out and bought themselves a pair. The KSC75 or Porta Pro did not receive the same level of adoration. There's just something in the sound of the PX100 that's fun and groovy to listen to. Mild bass hump, and slightly relaxed treble without losing the detail. Comfort also plays a huge role in the psychoacoustics of listening, which obviously these are fantastic for.

So now there's the PX100-ii. I'vebever been able to compare them back-to-back, but from recollection they are very very similar and I have much the same feeling for the updated model as I do the old one. If anything, I actually preferred the comfort on the old one as it clamps less, though I do appreciate the new model's better construction and single sided cable. 

In one of my rigs my dac/amp is the Focusrite VRMbox and I output to the PX100-ii and HD595. The HD595 has a slight edge, literally and figuratively. In some songs I find the detail retrieval of the HD595 better, but sometimes a bit of grain too in what is likely a decay ridge . I suppose that's one of the notable things about the PX100. It may not have the same level of drivers as the higher up Senns, but the lack of housing actually allows for a cleaner sound as you are no longer dealing with cup acoustics and reflection. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #90 of 734
Quote:
So now there's the PX100-ii. I'vebever been able to compare them back-to-back, but from recollection they are very very similar and I have much the same feeling for the updated model as I do the old one. If anything, I actually preferred the comfort on the old one as it clamps less, though I do appreciate the new model's better construction and single sided cable. 

In one of my rigs my dac/amp is the Focusrite VRMbox and I output to the PX100-ii and HD595. The HD595 has a slight edge, literally and figuratively. In some songs I find the detail retrieval of the HD595 better, but sometimes a bit of grain too in what is likely a decay ridge . I suppose that's one of the notable things about the PX100. It may not have the same level of drivers as the higher up Senns, but the lack of housing actually allows for a cleaner sound as you are no longer dealing with cup acoustics and reflection. 

Yup, the original was more comfortable. I wish the PX100-II had a further swivel, so it would align with the ears as good as the PX100 does. But at least the PX100-II has a much heftier construction.

I've noticed when comparing to more expensive headphones, the PX100-II's driver definitely show a lack of technicalities, detail retrieval specifically. Although, the margin isn't all that big, but still there. It's the signature that wins me over.

Quote:

lol, that what Katun's been saying for a while now.  I'm sure I'll be picking one up someday (most like sooner rather than later).  Then I'll know what he's been on about all this time.

Katun NEVER jokes about the PX 100-II. 
biggrin.gif

Well, they aren't the *best* headphones on the market obviously. I still like the HD600 and HD650 better. But, they are the best *value* on the market IMO.

True dat!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
i tested all my cans against px100 ii again today.
genre;- metal, heavy metal(slipknot,dream theater,ac/dc etc.
hps:- hd800,hd700,hd598,hd600 paired with my e9k amp. px100 ii with fiio e7 on my laptop.
PX100II VS HD598
after listening about 40 songs on both i am writing this review, hd598 sounded spacious where as px100ii sounded lively and warmer than hd598, highs were better on hd598 where as mids and lows were better on px100ii. px100ii was warmer, darker than hd598. clarity on hd598 was good but was not fun to hear in comparison. on some bass heavy songs px100ii were muddy without my fiio e7. so i hard to stretch them a little bit to get spacious sound. i would say i dont want my hd598 anymore.
px100ii vs hd600
i dont know but they both sounded almost similar, soundstage was almost similar(i think i am using bad amp with my hd series..
confused_face_2.gif
). i expected so much from hd600 and mids were better defined on px100 ii than on hd600. thumping lows on px100ii.. tight bass on hd600. px100ii was much more fun in comparison. i get concert type feel on my px100ii, hd600 is fun with classical songs so they r here to stay with me..
px100 ii r better than both till now..
hd700 vs px100ii
i felt hd700 was warmer than every headphone i hv ever listened to. so better than px100ii too. puncy bass with hd700 i would say, px100ii hv a thumping bass. soundstage is better than px100ii.. freq spectrum with px100ii was higher.. mids sounded a little better with px100ii.overall px100ii are my portable sets to listen to metal with almost same fun and soundstage.. but with classical music px100ii and hd800 sound better than hd700 and hd598.so hd700 is here to stay as they r v good with rock and metal and hiphop too
tongue.gif
hd800 vs px100ii
hd800 r most detailed headphones i hv ever listened to... so i could easily differentiate b/w every instrument... here hd700 and px100i lacks a bit.. hd800 is bit bass light so they were not fun against hd700 and px100 ii... they r here to stay as classical and jazz.. sound soo soothing. this is a headphone which is ultimate tool for anything not bassy..
i would add i never found the sound of px100ii harsh @ full volume.. i cant hear hd800 or hd598 at high volume.. hd700 does a good job.

Thanks for the comparisons. Interesting to see someone actually taking the PX100-II seriously by comparing it to stuff of much higher cost. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back