PX 100 v. E2c
Apr 11, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #16 of 22
Owning both, the bass on the PX100 seems bloated and out of control, but they are very fun sounding, the E2c have leaner but more controlled bass. The PX100 seems to have better extension in high (slightly, not that they are treble monsters) and the E2c have rolled off highs.

If you need cheap isolation, the E2c is pretty attractive.

Apr 11, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex
Owning both, the bass on the PX100 seems bloated and out of control, but they are very fun sounding, the E2c have leaner but more controlled bass. The PX100 seems to have better extension in high (slightly, not that they are treble monsters) and the E2c have rolled off highs.

If you need cheap isolation, the E2c is pretty attractive.

Actually to me, the PX100 bass sounds tight and controlled, where E2c lack them in lower bass.

Apr 19, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remedial
If anyone has conducted a comparison.

the md33s sound much better. better highs, better mids and a more natural bass.
avoid the ex71 if you can. try the md33s instead. but don't forget that they have a 4-pole plug. either you have to use them only with the extension cord, or you solder a 3-pole mod which can be tricky if you are not good in doing this. after my solder got away with heavy use, i tried to resolder them again and i nearly melted the whole plug, so be careful.

Apr 19, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleSwallow
I have the px100's and the Panasonic HJE50's. I don't know what to think. To me the music coming out of the PX100's seem "farther" away than the Panasonics and thinner. I agree that for small headphones, these offer better sound than most, but these are $40 small headphones. I also have the HD497's and they sound great when used with my computer speakers EQ'ed but I can't get them to sound good enough on my Zen Micro or ipod mini. Most of my music is 128 or 192 Kbps WMA and MP3. If anyone uses the PX100's with Zen Micro or Ipod mini, what equalizer setting do you use (including the numbers for the custom equalizer)?

My eq settings for the zen micro and px100. +1+1+1+4+9

And guys, the e2c will be approximately the same sensitivity cause the px100 is rated at 114db at one volt while the e2c is 105db at 1mW. 1 volt is bigger than one mW

Apr 19, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #21 of 22
I haven't heard the PX100, but I'm thinking of getting it to replace my E2c. I'm annoyed by the E2c's lack of soundstage and instrument separation. On the other hand, the E2c is good for walking around because it's light and isolates well.

Your best bet is to buy both, and then sell the ones you don't like on Head-Fi. Headphones are very subjective -- some people can't even get the E2c to fit in their ear.

It might also be good to have both: The PX100 for indoor use, the E2c for outdoor use.

Apr 19, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 22
Strange these criticisms of the E2C about bass and collapsed soundstage... I recommended some to my mate for his Creative Zen, and he got them, and when I tried them, I felt they had a much better stage and bass than I expected, and I wasnt expecting a lot to be honest... but I think both areas are very respectable in the E2C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back