PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Nov 5, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #1,546 of 1,613
I am looking to upgrade my cable for my UM Amber Pearl (shpped with my Cayin N30LE).

I have on my list the YATONO and MURAKUMO from Brise Audio or the ORPHEUS and 1950s from PWAudio. Other suggestions ?

QUESTION: I wonder if the PWAudio Cables can be shipped with a L type 4.4 plug rather than a Strait plug ?

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #1,547 of 1,613
ORPHEUS and 1950s is a great all rounder package as the orphy just pairs so damn well with most IEMS and the 1950s is that one cable that just makes all iems showcase what they are already good at.

If I may share an opinion, I would say 1950s is more versatile BUT the orphy with the right IEM can be absolutely jaw dropping amazing.

Nov 7, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #1,548 of 1,613
ORPHEUS and 1950s is a great all rounder package as the orphy just pairs so damn well with most IEMS and the 1950s is that one cable that just makes all iems showcase what they are already good at.

If I may share an opinion, I would say 1950s is more versatile BUT the orphy with the right IEM can be absolutely jaw dropping amazing.
thanks for your advice

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #1,549 of 1,613
I am quite tempted by the ORPHEUS to "upgrade" my Cayin N30 Amber Pearl. I heard that there is a shielded version and a non shielded version.

it seems that most choose the shielded version, but... Orpheus with shielding is much thicker and heavier than the non-shielded version.

So... does the shielding really maka a big sonic improvement over the non-shielded ? does shielding change it's sonic signature ? For me, confort (weight, thickness...) is also very important.

Side note: alternatively, may be a Shielded 1950s could be not far away sonically to a « non shielded » Orpheus (and I guess it will be lighter… and cheaper) ? I will be happy with 90% of the ORPHEUS benefits for my Amber Pearl…

N30.png

Side note: alternatively, may be a Shielded 1950s could be not far away sonically to a « non shielded » Orpheus (and I guess it will be lighter… and cheaper) ? I will be happy with 90% of the ORPHEUS benefits for my Amber Pearl…

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #1,550 of 1,613
I am quite tempted by the ORPHEUS to "upgrade" my Cayin N30 Amber Pearl. I heard that there is a shielded version and a non shielded version.

it seems that most choose the shielded version, but... Orpheus with shielding is much thicker and heavier than the non-shielded version.

So... does the shielding really maka a big sonic improvement over the non-shielded ? does shielding change it's sonic signature ? For me, confort (weight, thickness...) is also very important.

Get the Orphy.

1. I am selling one (selfish)
2. It is a great cable (truth)
3. When it pairs well with an IEM, it is truly amazing (yup)
4. Ergo of Orphy is fine to use for most people's standards (yeah, this)

Orphy Orphy
Full of glory.
Relax a lil.
Try to understand.
I do want you as a fan.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #1,551 of 1,613

N30.png
I think it's the other way 'round. At least with the PWA cables I have tried: Shielding makes them less warm but more dynamic and with better spatial info - more precise if you wish.

drftr

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #1,552 of 1,613
i am using my 1960s 2w cable on my custom Hidition NT6 and the pairing is fantastic

pw cables are the bomb

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #1,553 of 1,613
i am using my 1960s 2w cable on my custom Hidition NT6 and the pairing is fantastic

pw cables are the bomb
I am always quite amazed how this small brand caught the recognition and became a household name. From a business perspective, it is really inspiring.

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,554 of 1,613

N30.png
Good question. I’ve often wondered what the difference is between shielded and non shielded was.

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,557 of 1,613
I'm using my 1960 2W cable with my 64Audio A18t. Very good pairing. Been using that pair for 4 years now
Don't try to pair up 18t with 1950s/First TimeS/Orpheus...You will get ADDICTED :L3000:

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,559 of 1,613
Good to hear, my wallet thanks you!

What cable upgrade do you recommend? I’ve read comments with varying opinions on cables (being subjective of course). I’ve got one of these PW Audio cables currently being used with the Nio. Reckon that they are good enough?
I think it depends on your budget, but generally I prefer pairing up U18t with a neutral warmish cable. I have to confess I never heard PWA No.10, but PWA Moloch offers great value for its price imo. It widens the stage while smoothening high frequencies.
But of course if you want to unleash 18t's potential the flagship cables are waving at you :deadhorse: 1950s Shielding provides an overall upgrade, First Times Shielding maxes out technicalities while Orpheus recreates lifelike vocals.

Dec 3, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,560 of 1,613
I think it depends on your budget, but generally I prefer pairing up U18t with a neutral warmish cable. I have to confess I never heard PWA No.10, but PWA Moloch offers great value for its price imo. It widens the stage while smoothening high frequencies.
But of course if you want to unleash 18t's potential the flagship cables are waving at you :deadhorse: 1950s Shielding provides an overall upgrade, First Times Shielding maxes out technicalities while Orpheus recreates lifelike vocals.
I had to check whether I was the reading the number of zeros correctly when I searched them up :laughing: Going to have to offload some gear before I can even think about a cable upgrade beyond the PW No.10!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back