PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Feb 6, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #1,606 of 1,613
Got a Trailli too to compare with Jewel (Jewel is a loaner atm). Is it worth going for FT or 1950s with Traili? Orpheus is it out of my ballpark atm

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #1,607 of 1,613
Got a Trailli too to compare with Jewel (Jewel is a loaner atm). Is it worth going for FT or 1950s with Traili? Orpheus is it out of my ballpark atm
Congratulations!

Here, too, opinions are divided. For me, First Times is also a very good pairing with Traillii. Above all, I think the technical improvement is pretty obvious. As for the sound: there's no general answer, it's a purely subjective matter. With First Times, Traillii loses its analog sounding nature and simply sounds different, still very, very good, but different. You have to hear it for yourself to tell. It was different with Jewel. But Traillii + FT is also a well-known pairing. Have a look at twister6.

Feb 12, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #1,608 of 1,613
Just want to say I had fun reading the recent posts. I myself have owned orphy, fts, and 1950s cable.

As of now use 1950s shielding and aroma and am pretty satisfied. Unfortunately I sold orphy and fts so I cant compare fts + jewel with 1950s + jewel so it was cool to read other peoples comparisons.

So far, I am pretty content with the 1950s shielding and aroma but do sometimes feel treble could be a bit more especially since I now use the sony gold brick dap.

With that said, I am not about to rebuy the fts again, haha. (Not joking, serious)

I have now bought the 1950s cable x3 times total in my lifetime. It is a great all rounder but of course optimal pairings are always best.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #1,609 of 1,613
Regarding folks blessed with technical backgrounds needing technical proof, in some ways I feel that becomes a handicap if they are not willing to just try themselves and listen for self. The best way at end of day is trial and compare yourself. No proof or online posts can convince, trying for self is key in my opinion.

I understand folks with technical backgrounds getting proof can be used as a supplementary information and that is fine but it is the crowd that wants proof from others but also refusing to try themselves doing themselves a disservice. Online forum posts and online opinions should be used only as supplementary data and nothing else.

There are very respected "accurate" reviewers that I respect I still do not agree with all their opinions.

Of course the argument can be made stating that well if you know fire is going to burn you, why touch it. Sure that is valid, but we are talking about trying/experimenting audio gear.

Just my opinions and observations over the years... I meant no offense in any way shape or form in case the tone gets lost via words.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #1,610 of 1,613
Regarding folks blessed with technical backgrounds needing technical proof, in some ways I feel that becomes a handicap if they are not willing to just try themselves and listen for self. The best way at end of day is trial and compare yourself. No proof or online posts can convince, trying for self is key in my opinion.

I understand folks with technical backgrounds getting proof can be used as a supplementary information and that is fine but it is the crowd that wants proof from others but also refusing to try themselves doing themselves a disservice. Online forum posts and online opinions should be used only as supplementary data and nothing else.

There are very respected "accurate" reviewers that I respect I still do not agree with all their opinions.

Of course the argument can be made stating that well if you know fire is going to burn you, why touch it. Sure that is valid, but we are talking about trying/experimenting audio gear.

Just my opinions and observations over the years... I meant no offense in any way shape or form in case the tone gets lost via words.
Measurements are just to keep the stress from the wallet, because if you just listen you're lost :wink:

drftr

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #1,611 of 1,613
Very true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back