PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Oct 17, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #1,531 of 1,617
Could you put your own personal impressions briefly when convenient?

I always enjoy hearing other people's impressions when it comes to trying to describe audio with words.
Note that I’m not used to describe how something sounds like many other (more competent) people do here on head-fi :). This said the setup I shared a few posts back I now consider the best I ever had. For completeness, I use the Radon 6 red atom xs (tried black, didn’t like it and didn’t bother trying the other modules because as how I understand it they would take me even further away from the red standard).

With the 1950s it is like experiencing music through an open window. Unfiltered and everything just sounds right. Soundstage is huge but realistic. Crystal clear treble yet it does not seem pushed for the sake of perceiving detail. Low end is impressive and tight but again it is not blown up to make an impression (I had to get used to this as with Radon stock copper cable there is a bit more emphasize on the low end).

I currently still have Effect Audio Fusion 1 and despite that this is a very very good ‘hybrid’ cable, which I could certainly live with if
I hadn’t heard the 1950s, it does add a touch of warmth which is pleasing but not absolutely necessary for my taste.

Hope this explains a bit.

Oct 17, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,532 of 1,617
Anyone has the impression about the PW Audio Ribbon Series (Genesis, Just Dance & JDG)?

Oct 17, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #1,533 of 1,617
Note that I’m not used to describe how something sounds like many other (more competent) people do here on head-fi :). This said the setup I shared a few posts back I now consider the best I ever had. For completeness, I use the Radon 6 red atom xs (tried black, didn’t like it and didn’t bother trying the other modules because as how I understand it they would take me even further away from the red standard).

With the 1950s it is like experiencing music through an open window. Unfiltered and everything just sounds right. Soundstage is huge but realistic. Crystal clear treble yet it does not seem pushed for the sake of perceiving detail. Low end is impressive and tight but again it is not blown up to make an impression (I had to get used to this as with Radon stock copper cable there is a bit more emphasize on the low end).

I currently still have Effect Audio Fusion 1 and despite that this is a very very good ‘hybrid’ cable, which I could certainly live with if
I hadn’t heard the 1950s, it does add a touch of warmth which is pleasing but not absolutely necessary for my taste.

Hope this explains a bit.
How did the black compare to the red in your own words?

Oct 18, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #1,534 of 1,617
How did the black compare to the red in your own words?
Too much emphasize on the low end and the soundstage sounds a bit more closed in. Red sounds more balanced and open, to my ears.

Oct 22, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #1,536 of 1,617
I listed a PW Audio Anniv no10 in the classifieds, if someone wants one (EU sale only).

Oct 25, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #1,539 of 1,617

My full review of PW Audio's co-flagship First Times Shielding is now online here. Enjoy the read.
Excellent review Guy with exceedingly captivating pictures to boot! Love the review and the way you compare honey to its honeycomb source. Perfect analogy to a beautiful cable. Peter is the GOAT!

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #1,540 of 1,617
Excellent review Guy with exceedingly captivating pictures to boot! Love the review and the way you compare honey to its honeycomb source. Perfect analogy to a beautiful cable. Peter is the GOAT!
Pretty much echoes my "Near perfect mids, [still] slightly subdued mid bass, much more linear and natural treble although now slightly splashy" mini review in your palace, Ben. That was with Mentor though and I think it's probably even easier to make Rn6 produce too much treble. Could be that FTS doesn't add much treble but that instead it amplifies the effect if the IEM has just too much of it by itself. Just guessing here.

drftr

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #1,541 of 1,617
Pretty much echoes my "Near perfect mids, [still] slightly subdued mid bass, much more linear and natural treble although now slightly splashy" mini review in your palace, Ben. That was with Mentor though and I think it's probably even easier to make Rn6 produce too much treble. Could be that FTS doesn't add much treble but that instead it amplifies the effect if the IEM has just too much of it by itself. Just guessing here.

drftr
Who knows what secret sauce and/or sorcery Peter has imparted on the FTS and Orphy! Good to see you surfacing for air! Either that or your love for PW cables is so much that you can sense it when this chat is comes to life!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #1,542 of 1,617
Who knows what secrecy sauce and/or sorcery Peter has imparted on the FTS and Orphy! Good to see you surfacing for air! Either that or your love for PW cables is so much that you can sense it when this chat is comes to life!
It's all of that but the Watch button lends a bit of a helping hand to be honest. 😉 I keep being extremely interested in his creations as an August Fun owner, and the one and only reason holding me back from investing in a more expensive creation is my allergy for the microphonics of his cables. If he manages to somehow solve that I'm sold.

drftr

Nov 5, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,545 of 1,617
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back