PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Aug 3, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,502 of 1,618
If you can't find a business email try Peter's private instead. Will PM you to avoid spam on his account.

drftr

thank you very much :)

Aug 7, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #1,503 of 1,618
Mannnn in max honey moon stage with the orphy. Whooaaaaa.

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #1,504 of 1,618
Mannnn in max honey moon stage with the orphy. Whooaaaaa.
Awesome Frank! If you ever get to the stage of staring at each other with a blank face I'd love to learn how you objectively feel about the differences between 1950s and Orphy. But I'd rather wait a few months than hear an "objective" opinion from a Man In Love...

drftr

Aug 8, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,506 of 1,618
Awesome Frank! If you ever get to the stage of staring at each other with a blank face I'd love to learn how you objectively feel about the differences between 1950s and Orphy. But I'd rather wait a few months than hear an "objective" opinion from a Man In Love...

drftr
Well for a man in love currently right now for what it is worth. I do like the 1950s on the a18t more and the orphy on the jewel.

The orphy on the jewel is just too effing perfect and truly makes me smile extremely wide.

Successful marriage of cable/iem is truly a beautiful thing.

I also just use a DX320 and I am extremely happy thus far. I enjoyed reading your orphy review btw.

So far I feel the orphy just blasts the mid range with analog goodness with treble and bass presented in a satisfying engaging way, where as the 1950s brings clarity from top to bottom.

I think at end of day it is what you prefer sound wise.

I enjoy both equally but currently the mistress is giving the hot action.

Edit: my orphy is still burning in but a reputable member did mention to me he felt orphy eventually brings more clarity than the 1950s. My orphy is brand new burning in while my 1950s has been through the gauntlet.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,507 of 1,618
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,508 of 1,618
I have yet to hear Orphy I'm afraid... But the best write-up I have come across so far is from my (well... anyone's) friend @SteveK27 over at

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pw-audio-orpheus-shielding.26117/reviews#review-29406

Pretty sure he used a DX320 like you do.

drftr
My dx320 just crapped out on me and wont turn on. It is my 2nd device already. Pretty frustrated.

Anyways the orphy and the 1950s are serving me well at moment. I love how engaging the orphy is. The massive sound stage is truly amazing. So far I am using 1950s with a18t and orphy with the jewel.

I sometimes would swap the combinations and still lean towards keeping it the way it is. Orphy with a18t for some reason did not mesh as well as I thought or hoped.

With that all said, truly beaten over and over but synergy is key.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,509 of 1,618
Well for a man in love currently right now for what it is worth. I do like the 1950s on the a18t more and the orphy on the jewel.

The orphy on the jewel is just too effing perfect and truly makes me smile extremely wide.

Successful marriage of cable/iem is truly a beautiful thing.

I also just use a DX320 and I am extremely happy thus far. I enjoyed reading your orphy review btw.

So far I feel the orphy just blasts the mid range with analog goodness with treble and bass presented in a satisfying engaging way, where as the 1950s brings clarity from top to bottom.

I think at end of day it is what you prefer sound wise.

I enjoy both equally but currently the mistress is giving the hot action.
Thank you for the impressions.

What puzzles me a bit though is how the 1950s brings more clarity. I actually thought, both are similar in the sound signature. Have I misunderstood?

Aug 11, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,510 of 1,618
I believe my orphy is still burning in. I mentioned these thoughts to another member who also has 1950s snd orphy and I was told that he felt orphy had more clarity.

As of NOW my 1950s has more clarity, with the orphy still being much much more engaging.

Sorry I should have clarified. Typing all this on phone while working.

Aug 11, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #1,511 of 1,618
I believe my orphy is still burning in. I mentioned these thoughts to another member who also has 1950s snd orphy and I was told that he felt orphy had more clarity.

As of NOW my 1950s has more clarity, with the orphy still being much much more engaging.

Sorry I should have clarified. Typing all this on phone while working.
Great, this makes sense, thanks!

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #1,512 of 1,618
What we need is an Orpheus-like cable that keeps the unique enveloping nature and analog sound but adds back a bit of texture. I understand all the PW offerings will eventually be upgraded with the shielding/design improvements found in the Orpheus(technological improvements not sound signature of the Orpheus). Don't get me wrong, I freaking love the Orpheus. BTW Orpheus + a tube amp on top is a stupid large stage with IEMs.

I've never had a cable that had enough of an effect (generally 10-15% but Orpheus is much more than that loser to 20-30%, the all BA A18t was much more relaxed and less BA sounding) to say it's better with some genres than others until Orpheus. It's spectacular with electronic music.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #1,514 of 1,618
Can anyone here compare the weight and ergonomics of FT and 1950s OG and Shielding with the Code 23? That cable's sound is terrific but weight and ergos are rough. I keep reading great things about FT and 1950s, but if their weight and ergo is anything like Code 23 I think I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back