PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
May 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #61 of 1,613
Yes. You are right... not only outlook, but also sound style similar to 1960s. What the new is ... Monile is built with a new welding method.

Monile - Shielding Version
* 26awg copper as ground polarity or negative polarity, 25.5awg silver as positive polarity
* Jacket Material : PVC, soft FEP, Cotton
* Conductor Material : Ultra purity Copper and super purity silver

The shielded version is a four-conductor and four independent shielded headphone cable, which is set to 5 polarity, including left positive, left negative, right positive, right negative and ground, and the ground wire is only used for shielding, and is independent.

Independent shielding reduces external interference with itself, and overall brings better background and analytical power.

Retail price in Hong Kong: HKD7,800 (around USD1,000)

May 24, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #63 of 1,613
My review of the the PW 1960s 2 wire cable.... Stunning. Perfect timbre, great instrument separation, instrument timbre is spot on perfect, instruments stand out beautifully in the mix, rich treble that is extended, mids slightly forward with an emotionality that is lacking in other cables I have tried, sub-bass that hits hard, and is super clean, resolution is something to behold. Soundstage is wide and very deep.
Pitch black background.
An absolutely incredible match with my CL2, has turned it into what sounds like a full blown speaker, cannot stop listening to this combo. .
Only regret I have is not buying this cable sooner, PW Audio will have a repeat customer for years to come.
20190516_164923.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #64 of 1,613
COPY and PASTED from the CL2 thread.

On a different note, I know most of the people on this thread would never consider buying a 1000 dollar cable (I paid 1100 for the 4.4mm), but the PW Audio 1960s cable has proven to be such a great match to the CL2, that the only regret I have is not buying it sooner.
Going back to the other cables after having an extended time listening to this one, is a telling experience. The hybrid cable in particular sounds grainy, bright and harsh. The sound is so soo smooth and full, with great transparency and incredible resolution. Every genre sounds great, from Rap, to Classical, jazz, blues, edm you name it. The bass response is to die for, and treble is rich and extended. Mids are silky smooth, and vocals come across with an emotional content that was lost with the other cables. Soundstage is incredibly wide, and deep.
Diana Krall, Beth Hart, are artists that I have been listening to on repeat, same albums with my other cables sound somewhat lifeless in comparison, and are missing that special something this cable is bringing to the table.
Tonality is perfect, instruments sound distinct, crisp, and stand out in the mix, separation is better than I have heard as of yet, and this is 8 months into listening to this iem.
I have tried 8 different cables with this iem so far, and they all sound different and change the character of this iem, at times dramatically.
Copper as I listen to it, is the only way to go, at least for me.
As I stand here listening to this combo, I feel more than ever, that this is an end game sound quality.
If money is not an issue, and you want to hear what this iem can do at its best, you owe it to yourself to at least try it with the PW Audio cable, it is that good, and makes a dramatic difference.

This cable requires a period of burn in, the first 50 hours, the sound was swinging back and forth (and so was my heart, and my wallet), The manufacturer recommends at minimum 200 hours.
I think I am at about a 125-150 or so.
I'll be writing a review for this iem soon, and will be taking an extended break from head-fi.
Enjoy the music :)

May 25, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #65 of 1,613
i have a 1950s and thought i would chime in re: cost. i have an irregular income and so sometimes if things have gone OK consumer durables like this are a possibility for me. in previous jobs it would have been much harder as i would have had to save (not my forte).

anyway i think it is a hard hurdle to jump, a cable that costs way more than we think we should have spent on headphones maybe.

when i came to this hobby very recently i had experience from other hobbies where i started with entry gear and ending up spending alot of $ to eventually end up with some higher tier stuff. so i decided to not muck around and i bought pretty high end DAP and IEM. but stock cable because as if that matters right!

so like 3 days in i'm asking mini disc for another cable because with stock it was all on top of itself, no sound stage width. i got an ALO ref8. wow i thought.

months later i got a second hand pw 1950s at an ok price (alo ref8 just made me unhappy i think although i didn't know it at the time). same iem, same DAP but now 1950s - my enjoyment went thru the roof.

sorry for the blab fest but what im trying to say is if you've spent money on the source and the iems, spend no less on the cable. and i think pw is the cable to spend the money on. what i have heard is that the 1980s is a good sound and cheaper than 1950 or 1960. i do think these particular cables have a certain magic to them.

it's is like coffee. everyone thinks the espresso machine is the piece of the puzzle to spend the $ on (so shiny and that what the coffee comes out of right?). but in truth, assuming beans and machine are competent, it is the grinder which makes all the difference. grinder = cable if you ask me.

all this being said i own a silverfi r4 and whilst lacking the portability of the 1950s it is nearer the top of the tree than the 1950s in my opinion. the difference whilst commuting however is negligible.

May 25, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #66 of 1,613
Any more info? That cable looks just like the 1960s

Yes. You are right... not only outlook, but also sound style similar to 1960s. What the new is ... Monile is built with a new welding method.

Monile - Shielding Version
* 26awg copper as ground polarity or negative polarity, 25.5awg silver as positive polarity
* Jacket Material : PVC, soft FEP, Cotton
* Conductor Material : Ultra purity Copper and super purity silver

The shielded version is a four-conductor and four independent shielded headphone cable, which is set to 5 polarity, including left positive, left negative, right positive, right negative and ground, and the ground wire is only used for shielding, and is independent.

Independent shielding reduces external interference with itself, and overall brings better background and analytical power.

Retail price in Hong Kong: HKD7,800 (around USD1,000)

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #67 of 1,613
Monile ft.60s is very well balanced. However, I tried 2 cables, one is solid well balanced, which i bought.

The other one is blended with more resonance. So try it out more, and get the best suitable for you.

However, cable build with cloth like material which is bad for hot summer sweaty days.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #68 of 1,613
COPY and PASTED from the CL2 thread.

On a different note, I know most of the people on this thread would never consider buying a 1000 dollar cable (I paid 1100 for the 4.4mm), but the PW Audio 1960s cable has proven to be such a great match to the CL2, that the only regret I have is not buying it sooner.
Going back to the other cables after having an extended time listening to this one, is a telling experience. The hybrid cable in particular sounds grainy, bright and harsh. The sound is so soo smooth and full, with great transparency and incredible resolution. Every genre sounds great, from Rap, to Classical, jazz, blues, edm you name it. The bass response is to die for, and treble is rich and extended. Mids are silky smooth, and vocals come across with an emotional content that was lost with the other cables. Soundstage is incredibly wide, and deep.
Diana Krall, Beth Hart, are artists that I have been listening to on repeat, same albums with my other cables sound somewhat lifeless in comparison, and are missing that special something this cable is bringing to the table.
Tonality is perfect, instruments sound distinct, crisp, and stand out in the mix, separation is better than I have heard as of yet, and this is 8 months into listening to this iem.
I have tried 8 different cables with this iem so far, and they all sound different and change the character of this iem, at times dramatically.
Copper as I listen to it, is the only way to go, at least for me.
As I stand here listening to this combo, I feel more than ever, that this is an end game sound quality.
If money is not an issue, and you want to hear what this iem can do at its best, you owe it to yourself to at least try it with the PW Audio cable, it is that good, and makes a dramatic difference.

This cable requires a period of burn in, the first 50 hours, the sound was swinging back and forth (and so was my heart, and my wallet), The manufacturer recommends at minimum 200 hours.
I think I am at about a 125-150 or so.
I'll be writing a review for this iem soon, and will be taking an extended break from head-fi.
Enjoy the music :)
I now have over 500 hours on this cable, and I am more and more impressed by the day. The transparency and resolution is on another level, treble is so smooth. I read a review where the reviewer said the treble was attenuated, I would have to sincerely disagree, it is extends quite nicely, especially after a proper burn in.
PW Audio is not messing around, they know what they are doing here, makes me wanna try out their other flagships.

Any reviews on the PW Audio limited? It's a budget cable for $188. One of my buddies is looking to pick it up.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #69 of 1,613
I now have over 500 hours on this cable, and I am more and more impressed by the day. The transparency and resolution is on another level, treble is so smooth. I read a review where the reviewer said the treble was attenuated, I would have to sincerely disagree, it is extended, especially after proper burn in.
PW Audio is not messing around, they know what they are doing here, makes me wanna try out their other flagships.

The 1950s is jaw dropping.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #70 of 1,613
The 1950s is jaw dropping.
Not a lot of those out in the wild. Too rich for most people's blood.
Might have to check it out next.
PW audio should do another tour :wink:
Help a brother out.
MMCX 4.4MM Wink wink.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #71 of 1,613
I am debating rebuying either the 1950s or 1960s 4 wire for my A18t even though I swore a bit back I’d stay away from high priced cables.

The 1950s was amazing and open sounding whilst the 1960s from memory was highly resolute with an added low end, not sure which I would prefer for the A18t.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #73 of 1,613
I am debating rebuying either the 1950s or 1960s 4 wire for my A18t even though I swore a bit back I’d stay away from high priced cables.

The 1950s was amazing and open sounding whilst the 1960s from memory was highly resolute with an added low end, not sure which I would prefer for the A18t.
Somebody just picked up a 1960 4 wire to pair with the JVC 10k, not a good match. I doubt it would be a good match with my iem too, since they both share an upper mids peak. If the A18t is on the bright side, I would pass on the 4 wire (have not heard the A18t yet).
I would much rather have 1 iem completely maxed out, with an excellent cable, than 5 others hooked up to mediocre budget ones. That's just how I see it, personally.

Add: This cable really brought the sound of my iem to another level, pity most people will never spend the money to hear what I am hearing.
They don't know what they are missing out on haha :) ignorance is bliss??

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #74 of 1,613
EE7C7A95-FD91-460C-A47E-CAB65F111BAE.jpeg 72B95404-FB82-4682-A648-F450884D8DB2.jpeg 64744F81-74C8-46C0-A26F-0261E477EB50.jpeg 0B3F26D4-D003-4D89-8BEF-834DAB286E0E.jpeg Hmmm talk about eating your own words I suppose. It wasn’t long ago I said I’d stay away from extremely high priced cables.

I decided to join back in with a bang and to “be done” with it indefinitely.

Thanks to musicteck I picked up the PW Audio 1950s and 1960s 4 wire for my Legend X and A18t. I couldn’t be happier :)

Now to just pick up some high quality adapters (for now, possible pigtails later) and enjoy.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #75 of 1,613
Hmmm talk about eating your own words I suppose. It wasn’t long ago I said I’d stay away from extremely high priced cables.

I decided to join back in with a bang and to “be done” with it indefinitely.

Thanks to musicteck I picked up the PW Audio 1950s and 1960s 4 wire for my Legend X and A18t. I couldn’t be happier :)

Now to just pick up some high quality adapters (for now, possible pigtails later) and enjoy.
Damn..you went all out :)
Some in depth impressions would be nice when you have had some quality time with them :)
I will be getting the 1960 4 wire when the RHA CL3 is released, whenever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back