PW Audio Cables Discussion Thread
Mar 20, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #47 of 1,613
So 1960 is free of microphonic? How's it compared to leo 2? Have you had leo 2? I think leo 2's great so I will have a hard time justifying purchase
of 1960 at the moment but I like the look of that black cloth cable.
Yes, no microphonic at all.
Don’t have the Leo 2, but the sound signature is not the same, the Leo is slightly more transparent while the 1960 enhance the bad and mid. Both are great cables, it depends what are you looking for.
If you are planning to use it with the Phantom, the 1960 is great for vocals, while the Leo extends the treble and has increase the resolution.
IF you have money than go for the 1960 4 wire, it’s absolutely amazing with the Phantom, the soundstage is unbelievable.

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #51 of 1,613
Oh yeah. Much better ergonomically and in size. The Janus is a monster and the thickest and most uncomfortable cable I’ve used.
It’s not the best ergonomic cable I have, but it’s not too bad either, i mostly use it at home, but I found that with ciems that have a very good seal the Janus it’s not too bad, while with others like the Phantom or the a6t that are quite light, the Janus becomes quite uncomfortable.

May 1, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #54 of 1,613
Musicteck now stocks PW Audio cables :)
The more popular stuff, so No 5. some of the entry level, Silver Gold, 1960s, 1950's iirc Andrew told me. A shipment arrived Friday afternoon, so order away folks if any tickle your fancy. Sadly stuff like the Blackicon Single Crystal Silver needs to be ordered directly from PWA. I ended up getting the No. 5. from Andrew and the Single Crystal Silver from MTMT Audio in Hong Kong which stocks everything listed on their site. My No. 5 is in hand but the Silver is stuck in express mail.

That sad, considering the sound of PWA, there are surprisingly few reviews outside of the 1900 series.

May 10, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #55 of 1,613
1960s 2 wire incoming.
Mmcx 4.4mm.
I am really looking forward to seeing how it pairs with my RHA CL2 and WM1A.
Hopefully its here next week.
Can't wait.

May 14, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #56 of 1,613
I'm really liking the PW Audio "The Gold" 24, which I cannot tell if it is their new model or their old model, but either way it's great on my Tia Fourte. It's gold-plated silver, 24awg and is pretty high up the rank ergonomically. Sound gives a touch of warmth to the Fourte, but doesn't take away any of the treble extension which was the goal. Just a hint of warmth does wonders for the Fourte in my opinion.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190416113040923_COVER.jpg

-Collin-

May 17, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #57 of 1,613
20190516_150329.jpg
Just got the 1960 2 wire cable. Loving it, this thing is a piece of art.
Quick question, I am burning them in with pink noise, how long does the process take, and what kind of improvements did you guys see during the process.
Thanks

Add: about 50 hours in, and the sound of the cable has been fluctuating like crazy, but now I think it's over the hump. Beautiful textured bass, high resolution, perfect timbre, extended rich treble, soundstage is opening up and is pretty wide.
I contacted PW Audio and they recommended at minimum 200 hours of burn in.
So will report back after that is done.
So far, one hell of a cable, almost sounds like a tube amp.

Only negative thing I have to say is the cable slider is loose as hell, and does not stay in place.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #58 of 1,613
I've got my PW Audio Loki last night and now pairing with my CA Solaris. I love this combination so much, it sounds much better than the ALO Reference 8 cable. Gets deeper bass and more clarity for mids and high, moreover I can feel the "sound pressure" from my Solaris now. Only drawback is slightly heavier, but not as heavy as my ALO SXC 8 cable....

May 24, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #59 of 1,613
PW Audio just released NEW series - MONILE in Hong Kong. There are different versions...
1. Monile standard version.
2. Monile shielding version.
3. Monile feature 50s version.
4. Monile feature 60s version.

Following Monile version is
- Shielding Version
- 2.5mm Balanced
- CM 2-Pin

Monile_2.5mm_CM_Shielding_8Wire.jpg

May 24, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #60 of 1,613
PW Audio just released NEW series - MONILE in Hong Kong. There are different versions...
1. Monile standard version.
2. Monile shielding version.
3. Monile feature 50s version.
4. Monile feature 60s version.

Following Monile version is
- Shielding Version
- 2.5mm Balanced
- CM 2-Pin

Monile_2.5mm_CM_Shielding_8Wire.jpg

Any more info? That cable looks just like the 1960s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back