Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion
Jan 13, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #676 of 1,110
So pretty much same fitment as the 500. Medium were too small so the sound was thin. Medium Plus is perfect.

cool.gif
Exactly. Only these tips aren't as heavy of a material, a little more mushroom shaped and have an internal Mesh/screen in them. They look cool as hell. To be honest They sounded good enough that I didn't even roll tips before I sent them off to Burn-in. Nighty-Nite
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #677 of 1,110
Well I just pulled the trigger on the Puro's...if they're as good as I've read I'm gonna have a draw full of iem's gathering dust. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #679 of 1,110
Looking forward to your impressions. I've been holding off on these, the A2, and some of the other heavy hitters being hyped atm.

No hype on the IEM500, simply truth. :beerchug:

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #680 of 1,110
I'm sure this has been answered countless times, but why is divvy's shop so much cheaper than retail? Over 50% off. 

I'm pretty much debating between this and the Tenore at this point and the price point of divvy's compared to Amazon is odd

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #681 of 1,110
Yeah I jumped on the Puros when they went down to $59.99 on Amazon. I'd go with Divvy even if you have to wait longer to receive them (if you have Amazon Prime).

I let my coworker try out the DIY IE800, which are pretty good IMO for $12. He still preferred his Apple Earpods (for some odd reason lol). I then let him hear the Puros with my iPod and E07K (L9 cable for Line Out) and a smile overtook his face and he was like "wow you can hear everything". Going to let him hear the Bettes tomorrow bc if he likes them too he can at least drive those and sound great straight from his iPod

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #682 of 1,110
Yeah I jumped on the Puros when they went down to $59.99 on Amazon. I'd go with Divvy even if you have to wait longer to receive them (if you have Amazon Prime).

I let my coworker try out the DIY IE800, which are pretty good IMO for $12. He still preferred his Apple Earpods (for some odd reason lol). I then let him hear the Puros with my iPod and E07K (L9 cable for Line Out) and a smile overtook his face and he was like "wow you can hear everything". Going to let him hear the Bettes tomorrow bc if he likes them too he can at least drive those and sound great straight from his iPod

thanks, so it sounds like you're a bigger fan of the Bettes over Puros from what I've read? Finding the right set of IEMs feels like a rollercoaster haha

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #683 of 1,110
thanks, so it sounds like you're a bigger fan of the Bettes over Puros from what I've read? Finding the right set of IEMs feels like a rollercoaster haha

Been listening to Puros again the past couple days and I'm remembering why I love them. Such a spacious engaging sound. I honestly like them equally. They each have different Pros. Only fault with the Puro is the cable likes to twist itself together, I think it's a memory cable?

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #684 of 1,110
Been listening to Puros again the past couple days and I'm remembering why I love them. Such a spacious engaging sound. I honestly like them equally. They each have different Pros. Only fault with the Puro is the cable likes to twist itself together, I think it's a memory cable?

That's good to hear, any chance you'd remember the page number that recounts your thoughts on the pros and cons? (unless you don't mind bullet pointing a couple now)

Also, I don't plan on driving the Puros with my ipod classic (don't really like the extra accessory on the go). Is that going to be an issue?

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #685 of 1,110
That's good to hear, any chance you'd remember the page number that recounts your thoughts on the pros and cons? (unless you don't mind bullet pointing a couple now)

Also, I don't plan on driving the Puros with my ipod classic (don't really like the extra accessory on the go). Is that going to be an issue?

Honestly no cons about either. Both have great clarity from end to end. Puros more spacious. Bettes more focused but with awesome micro details.

I guess you could actually call it a con that the Puros are harder to drive. They do really benefit from amping.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #686 of 1,110
Honestly no cons about either. Both have great clarity from end to end. Puros more spacious. Bettes more focused but with awesome micro details.

I guess you could actually call it a con that the Puros are harder to drive. They do really benefit from amping.

Ah, that doesn't make my decision any easier heh. I love a good soundstage, but at the same time my favorite part of audiophile headphones is hearing the small intricacies that are more noticeable than on generic headphones

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #687 of 1,110
  Well I just pulled the trigger on the Puro's...if they're as good as I've read I'm gonna have a draw full of iem's gathering dust. 

Your Beresford amp will be more than enough to bring everything out of this puppy.
Plus you have that impedance dial as well on the Beresford.

Be interested to know if you think they do sound like an IEM version of Sennie-600.

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #688 of 1,110
My LG V10 has a great DAC (ESS1908) but has a not so powerful amp, so everything sounds great but only pushes the Puros to a medium loud volume to my ears. 

On a side note, got the D14 on time from OnTrac, such a shocker, and plugging it into my laptop with Windows 10. No drivers were installed or for download so I had to go to iBasso's website and download the Windows drivers. Worked like a charm once I set it to the default device. Great sound. I can hear the difference easily between it and the E07k. Preferring this sound much more. 

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #690 of 1,110
My LG V10 has a great DAC (ESS1908) but has a not so powerful amp, so everything sounds great but only pushes the Puros to a medium loud volume to my ears. 

On a side note, got the D14 on time from OnTrac, such a shocker, and plugging it into my laptop with Windows 10. No drivers were installed or for download so I had to go to iBasso's website and download the Windows drivers. Worked like a charm once I set it to the default device. Great sound. I can hear the difference easily between it and the E07k. Preferring this sound much more. 

Glad you liked the D14 and notice a difference compared to E07K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back