Puritan Audio Laboratories PSM136, PSM156, PSM1512 Power Conditioners
Jul 9, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #226 of 1,010
The best use of Puritan products is as a complete system; 136 or 156/GroundMaster or City/RouteMaster. I have done so with several stereos and a recording studio. IMHO, the RouteMaster is as important as the GroundMaster or City.
Are you using two Ground Masters when using the RouteMaster and 136/156? How do you connect all (136 or 156 / GM / RM) three?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #227 of 1,010
In my main stereo, I have a ground rod array connected to two GroundMasters; one to the green plug on the 156 and the other to the RouteMaster. The same thing can be done with GroundMaster-City units if a ground rod or ground rod array is not practical as it the case my two other stereo rooms. This brief review mirrors my experience.

Jul 10, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #229 of 1,010
In my main stereo, I have a ground rod array connected to two GroundMasters; one to the green plug on the 156 and the other to the RouteMaster. The same thing can be done with GroundMaster-City units if a ground rod or ground rod array is not practical as it the case my two other stereo rooms. This brief review mirrors my experience.
Thanks for the info! I plan to add another GM and a RM to my system eventually.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #231 of 1,010
It's flat out incredible what the Ground Master has done for my system! I have had a few days now to get a feel for what it has done, and it's amazing how deep the stage got and how stable the images have become as well. The speed and impact has improved too, of which I was really not expecting. :astonished: The decay goes on forever and trails off so lifelike it's nuts. I feel like I can reach out and touch the instruments and musicians as everything sounds so real and spaced out. It seriously sounds like I upgraded major component.

I can't recommend the GroundMaster enough, and I am definitely going to have to see what adding a RouteMaster does eventually.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #232 of 1,010
Nice to see puritan stuff getting their deserved attention. Ocd mikey via youtube and scott from verdant audio put me on them.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #233 of 1,010
So here's a question I was going to ask Puritan you may be able to answer - when using mutliple GroundMasters with a single ground rod I presume this means you are running separate / parallel cable runs from each GM to the ground rod, correct? If so what gauge did you go with for the RouteMaster - connected GM?

*edit - I see you have a ground rod array, suggesting multiple rods. I have a single copper strap with a surface area of two rods and as yet unused ground rod in my basement I could deploy.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #234 of 1,010
That's correct. I went with off the shelf 10AWG stranded, green insulation electrical wire.

Only use the ground rod in your basement if it is not connected as an earth ground for your main AC electrical panel. Never connect a GroundMaster to the ground rod or ground rod array that's used for your main AC panel. It is only safe and effective to use a dedicated ground rod or array with a GroundMaster(s).

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #235 of 1,010
That's correct. I went with off the shelf 10AWG stranded, green insulation electrical wire.

Only use the ground rod in your basement if it is not connected as an earth ground for your main AC electrical panel. Never connect a GroundMaster to the ground rod or ground rod array that's used for your main AC panel. It is only safe and effective to use a dedicated ground rod or array with a GroundMaster(s).
Thanks and understood. I should clarify my spare rod is one I bought a few months ago, not yet inserted into the ground, if/when I do so I’d put it out in the garden alongside the dedicated copper strip.

Jul 12, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #237 of 1,010
It's gonna be a fun and late one tonight. :grin:

20230712_190230.jpg

Time to see how the Ultimate compares to the Classic +. This is the most I have ever spent on a cable, and I can't wait to hear what it can do.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #239 of 1,010
It's gonna be a fun and late one tonight. :grin:

Time to see how the Ultimate compares to the Classic +. This is the most I have ever spent on a cable, and I can't wait to hear what it can do.
I've gotta be honest and say I've never tried the PSM without the Ultimate cord / compared it to the Classic + which I use on a component. Haven't had much motivation to I must say = too lazy. GM vs not, now that's easy peasey to A-B so have done so...

Interested in your observations.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #240 of 1,010
So, the Ultimate XX Power Cable is the game changer folks. Holy crap this cable is impressive! The dynamics have gone through the roof, and the sound is so fast now, it seems to have slowed down the music due to hearing everything with super solid images literally floating all around my head and decaying so naturally. My VC's (dynamic headphones) sound like planars they are hitting so fast, and the grip on the drivers is insane now. I am hearing more detail than ever and the staging is super holographic and expansive yet not diffused sounding at all. Talk about being there. . .

I think the Ultimate cable is where the magic is, and it took my PSM136 to a completely different level and then some. I am so happy, blown away and content now, I feel like my system is everything I always dreamed it would be.

This is all with just 3 hours of burn-in. . . :grin:

I can't recommend the Ultimate XX cable enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back