Punchy, detailed IEMs - what to get?
Oct 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #31 of 41

I paid £110 from the UK, plus shipping so they ended up at £120 at my door here in Denmark. If you (or anyone else) get these, do yourself a favor and listen to them right out of the package, then plug them in for a loop of pink noise. Give them a quick listen at the 5 hour mark and they're already changing. After 40-50 hours, they're completely different beast. I simply can't believe how versatile they are! I have a pack of Shure soft tips coming in, the small silicone buds, just to see if I like them better than the FS double flanges. Do you know if the ER-CK50M's fit the Atrios? 

And wow sorry i also forgot to reply to you =S , And Wow, These sounds tempting, I wonder how these pits off against the Panasonic HJE900s.. Hmm, Btw how much did you paid for your Atrios?

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 41

Quote:
I paid £110 from the UK, plus shipping so they ended up at £120 at my door here in Denmark. If you (or anyone else) get these, do yourself a favor and listen to them right out of the package, then plug them in for a loop of pink noise. Give them a quick listen at the 5 hour mark and they're already changing. After 40-50 hours, they're completely different beast. I simply can't believe how versatile they are! I have a pack of Shure soft tips coming in, the small silicone buds, just to see if I like them better than the FS double flanges. Do you know if the ER-CK50M's fit the Atrios? 

Hmm i am not really sure but If Atrio could fits in any Regular Monster Tips, then yes those will fit in, Since its for the regular / common stems found in dynamic IEMs =))

And btw if you don't mind can email me that pink noise file you used to burn-in your phones to my email? My e-mail i will pm it to you =)) Thanks alot in advance =)

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #33 of 41
And FYI below is the official webpage for the ER-CK50 and fellow series ear-tips =))

http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/er-ck50.html

And a random online website below selling it

http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-902/Audio-dsh-Technica-ER-dsh-CK50-CK50-Replacement/Detail.bok

It appears like the Monster Silicons but material and its seal is different, much easier to attain than the Monster Silicon Tips for me =)

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #34 of 41
Thanks a lot for the links =]

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #35 of 41
You're Welcomed =D

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #36 of 41
And 1 more link before i leave and hit the sack for the insomnia dawn,

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=b1eb8c462942f7140b16c37dbde1f042&topic=7805.105

Look down the post, its about an IE8 Owner using ER-CK50 Eartips over the Sennheiser Stock Tips and Olives thinking it sounds better, which i guess another one who agrees with my stand in a way that IE8 and MDs Sound-Sign both somewhat runs in the same family, And Atrios too.

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #37 of 41

Quote:
And btw if you don't mind can email me that pink noise file you used to burn-in your phones to my email? My e-mail i will pm it to you =)) Thanks alot in advance =)

No problem - The Pink Noise I used was the Creative Commons demo file downloaded from Wikipedia - Get it here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Pink_noise.ogg - It's only 10 seconds long, but a gapless repeat playback makes sure you've got all the pink noise you'll ever need
wink.gif

Listening to Foo Fighters at work right now. Love their music, hate their crappy recording quality
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #38 of 41
Been eyeing that monster supertips sampler pack, but the shipping costs are more (almost double the price) than the pack itself, so thats a no-go until I find a reseller in the EU...

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #39 of 41
Yup LoL, I feel that the SuperTips are over  priced though, Until i can get hold of Meelec Double Flange and Sony Hybrids, I shall stick to my ER-CK50M =P

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #40 of 41

Quote:
Been eyeing that monster supertips sampler pack, but the shipping costs are more (almost double the price) than the pack itself, so thats a no-go until I find a reseller in the EU...

I've tried them and they aren't that great IMO.
I found the Comply tips to give me a better seal and comfort.
They also keep the punch of the bass, but that might be just me struggling to get a proper seal with the Supertips.

Nov 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #41 of 41

Sorensiim said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

They were less than half the price of the OOH-LOOK-AT-ME-BLING-BLING-KACHIING MTPGs, so I figured I'd take the plunge and go for it. Some reviewers noted that the Atrios are great for rock and metal, so they should be right up my alley. I'll be sure to post my findings as soon as I get them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your analysis! It's comprehensive, I understand this part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back