Publication: Woo Audio Amplifier Comparisons
Mar 10, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #31 of 36
hah. go on a walkabout and don't come back until you found an unambiguous set of words, then.

in the meanwhile, us mere mortals will use natural language, that unsophisticated tool you spurn

Quote:
Quote:
how do those words not help? he made a chart comparing his own amps. is he required to label the one amp that has the least soundstage as "small soundstage"?   youre right mavrick, bob's posts are useless.  ruining a perfectly good thing Jack did and was in no way required to do. 

Good? He did this to sell more amps and posted it on a forum of course it is going to be open to criticism. I'm criticizing the ambiguity of the words he has chosen in an effort to make it more useful for people. 

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #32 of 36
Hahaha!  That is a little strong with the wording.  I've heard all the amps (and owned most the top tier ones), as as good as they are, none of them are anywhere near close to being 'surreal' in performance 

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #33 of 36
Thanks, Jack! This chart looks very helpful to me.

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #34 of 36
Oh I thought these would be useful measurements instead of the already present assumption that performance ∝ price.
Here's my comparison: $3000>$2000>$1000>$600>$300.

What's wrong?

It is LITERALLY saying the same thing everyone says about more expensive amps. Better everything, so the purpose of this if seen from an educational point of view is confusing.

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #35 of 36
Beggars can't be choosers.  The power ratings are very useful by themselves.

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #36 of 36
I have also always wondered what the power ratings of the amps would be. Although I think voltage swing should be tossed in too since higher impedance cans need the voltage. 

Quote:
Beggars can't be choosers.  The power ratings are very useful by themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back