PSB M4U 2
Jan 7, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #616 of 733
Are there fixes to isolate the ANC from getting interference from cellphone and other wireless devices?  like may using copper tape in the battery compartment ...etc...??

Try wrapping the auxiliary cable in aluminum or copper tape. Not sure if it'll work, but I've been meaning to try it myself.

I'm pretty sure it'll work since an electric field can't penetrate a closed conducting surface.

Let me know how it turns out if you get to it before I do, good luck!

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #619 of 733
Try wrapping the auxiliary cable in aluminum or copper tape. Not sure if it'll work, but I've been meaning to try it myself.

I'm pretty sure it'll work since an electric field can't penetrate a closed conducting surface.

Let me know how it turns out if you get to it before I do, good luck!​

uhmm I thought the interference is coming from the internal amp, since I only hear it with ON or ANC.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #620 of 733
I've had a chance to compare the PSB M4U 2 to Beats Studio and the PSB beat the Beats hands down The Beats had a heavier bass than the PSB, but the balance was off witht he Beats. The mids and the high-ed were lost in comparison.The PSB sounds more natural. The Beats sounded a bit tinny.

May 30, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #624 of 733
Hey everybody. I just got a PSB M4U 2, but I'm having a hardware issue with it and was wondering if y'all could assist. I tried contacting PSB directly, but they just told me to return it to seller. Sure, I could do that, but I'd have to RMA it back to Amazon and all that nonsense -- so maybe I could just fix it instead. Here's the symptoms:

*Passive mode is perfect
*Amp mode actually makes sounds softer
*NC mode actually makes external sounds louder
*When I unplug the cable from the phones, the NC audibly kicks in and starts cancelling external sound

So, obviously the monitoring function has somehow defaulted to always being on. Unfortunately, clicking the monitor button on the cable doesn't do anything at all. This behavior manifests with both cables, so the issue must be in the phones themselves -- which is a little strange to me, because NC seems to work fine when no cable is plugged in.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas on what I could try? It's all a bit ironic, because I'd be perfectly happy if there were no monitoring function available at all -- but obviously always having the monitoring function turned on is unusable.

May 30, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #625 of 733
  Hey everybody. I just got a PSB M4U 2, but I'm having a hardware issue with it and was wondering if y'all could assist. I tried contacting PSB directly, but they just told me to return it to seller. Sure, I could do that, but I'd have to RMA it back to Amazon and all that nonsense -- so maybe I could just fix it instead. Here's the symptoms:

*Passive mode is perfect
*Amp mode actually makes sounds softer
*NC mode actually makes external sounds louder
*When I unplug the cable from the phones, the NC audibly kicks in and starts cancelling external sound

So, obviously the monitoring function has somehow defaulted to always being on. Unfortunately, clicking the monitor button on the cable doesn't do anything at all. This behavior manifests with both cables, so the issue must be in the phones themselves -- which is a little strange to me, because NC seems to work fine when no cable is plugged in.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas on what I could try? It's all a bit ironic, because I'd be perfectly happy if there were no monitoring function available at all -- but obviously always having the monitoring function turned on is unusable.

Are you plugging the right end into the headphones?  The straight end goes in the headphones and the 90 degree end goes to your source.  It does sound like you have a defective pair.

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #627 of 733
I find the clamping force not enough (so if I press on the ear cups to my ears, then it sounds fuller and more realistic). It is a brand new pair. Is it just me? :frowning2:

Jul 3, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #629 of 733
Many complain of the clamping force being to much.

Try shortening the headband as much as possible to tighten it up.

Thanks for the advice. That actually worked lol. When I shortened it, on first touch of my head it seems too short and only clamping the top part of the ears. Didn't realize need to wait a couple seconds for it to "settle" into comfort.

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #630 of 733
Huge fan of my new PSB M4U 2's. Although I have to admit than when I first tried them, I panicked a little. I heard a use cracking noise every time I moved by head. Luckily, this disappeared after I greased the iron parts of the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back